User Tag List

Page 234 of 436 FirstFirst ... 134 184 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 284 334 ... LastLast
Results 3,962 to 3,978 of 7397
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Master Panda, excellent post! Thanx for schooling me on it!

Looking back to one of your posts from over a year ago, #814 specifically, you had mentioned exactly the same concept re choice of racket specs. Name:  icon14.png
Views: 563
Size:  3.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by DinkAlot View Post
    Panda has received some questions regarding weight and BP (balance point). A few even said it was not a good indicator of a racket's overall swing weight or performance.

If you know the weight and BP of a racket, aside from anomalies, it's the most accurate way to determine the way the racket is going to perform.

Assuming all else equal and you are able to consistently maximize the potential of the racket (flex the shaft)...

...if the racket is light in weight and head light:
    Offense will be below average
    Defense will be excellent
    Transitioning will be excellent
    Racket Balance: will be excellent

...if the racket is heavy in weight and head heavy:
    Offense will be excellent
    Defense will be below average
    Transitioning will be below average
    Racket Balance: will be below average

...if the racket is light in weight and head heavy:
    Offense will be good
    Defense will be good
    Transitioning will be good
    Racket Balance: will be average to good

...if the racket is heavy in weight and head light:
    Offense will be good
    Defense will be average
    Transitioning will be good
    Racket Balance: will be average to good

...if the racket is moderate in weight and moderately head heavy:
    Offense will be good to very good
    Defense will be good to very good
    Transitioning will be good to very good
    Racket Balance: will be good to very good

...there are numerous other variations on the above that can vary performance.

The question for each person is:

What are you looking for and what's best for you? They maybe different things.

Panda has noticed many beginners to about "C" level players look for heavy smashing rackets. As the player improves and becomes advanced, the more they go for lighter, stiffer rackets with higher tension. The reason for this is from beginner to "C" level, a racket can make a significant difference in offense and not hurt defense too much. A good smashing racket can get through the opponent of the same level. At advanced levels, everyone can defend and every can attack so using a heavy smashing racket is detrimental because it slows you down and you get tired much faster. At this level it's better to get a stiff, lighter racket so you have better control and can keep up with your opponents.

Depending on your level and who you play, racket selection can be tricky...

...an advanced player knows exactly what he needs and wants. His needs and wants are both the same.

...an advanced intermediate player should know what he needs and wants. If he is smart, they are both the same.

...an advanced beginner to intermediate player usually have different needs and wants. They need a lighter, more mobile racket yet they want and (usually) go for the heavier or attack oriented racket because they can kill the same level opponents more successfully.

...a beginner should just use any lighter to medium weight racket that is inexpensive because it does not matter what racket he uses, he won't be able to tell much difference and the overall performance difference is negligible.

Of course it is your right to use any racket you choose. If it's the completely wrong racket and it hinders your performance on court but you like the racket and are happy with it, use it!
    Quote Originally Posted by DinkAlot View Post
    Sir, Panda completely disagrees.

Panda has found it almost always depends on one of these four things:

1) Level of play: if you are an advanced player you will know what you need and won't be swayed by marketing, technology, gimmicks, advice or anything else. If new rackets and/or string come out with better technology, you can simply determine if they are better by comparing your current benchmark to it. If it's better, you may upgrade. If not, you will stay put.

You are an advanced player, you know it's your skill that makes you what you are not your equipment.

Intermediate: usually have a good idea of what their needs are but are more prone to try new things.

Beginners: will try as much as they can afford. But in reality, just buying any solid $50-$75 racket will be fine as using the most expensive or least expensive racket won't make a difference for them because they cannot tell the difference...yet.

2) Badminton Environment: you play mainly doubles, naturally will go to a lighter, more mobile racket. You play singles, you will be inclined to go with a heavier, racket. Your friends all use racket x, you may follow suit. Your club or coach promote a certain racket, you go with it.

3) Technology Aficionados: you always want the latest and greatest technological advancements. You go out and buy every new racket and test them and try to determine which is best. You bank on the "newer is better" thinking it's analogous to computer processing speed (which badminton is not).

4) Your psyche: you hear people say a 2U, ultra stiff racket strung at 35lbs. is super macho and decide to use it. You like the fact that you know you have the most demanding, tightest strung racket and you feel good regardless of your level of play, whether or not you can actually wield it, and don't care if it actually brings your level of play down. You are satisfied with yourself and also telling people what you use and your tension brings "ooooohs" and "aaaaahs" doesn't hurt either.

As for body size and muscle mass, it is only an early indicator for beginners. Panda goes back to the level of play being most important, then what you are playing and the level of the opponents you are playing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Badminton stencil ink

Hi guys, I'd like to stencil the panda logo onto my racket, but im not sure what kind of ink i can use. would regular ink work? cause I like my purple strings and i think white would look really cool on it thx guys

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not too sure, depends on your string. Normally, it doesn't, there's special ink for it, although I doubt there's white. I've only seen black and red so far...

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

there is white stencil ink (brand: yonex, babolat, or own label)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's also blue stencil ink, but IMO only white and maybe red would stand out on purple strings.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If it's an Ultra 2, I think a yellow stencil would look best.
    If it's an Ultra Pro, then either white or yellow would be good.
    If it's anything else, then purple strings was probably a bad idea. XD

Does anyone make a gold stencil ink?
    That would be great for the U2/UPro/TPro, with black strings.
    Maybe I'll try the gold decoration spray I have left over from Christmas...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what's the final design(colour) for Tpro?

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noobiee View Post
    what's the final design(colour) for Tpro?
    Ford colours...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sketchy View Post
    The image Dink posted is for the manufacturer's use - the colors are made to be easily distinguishable, but not necessarily accurate (we provide them with the precise Pantone color references separately).

Text is the same size as on the T2, with the exception of "panda power", which is somewhat smaller. It will also use the same kinds of paint finish as the T2.

Another preview image:
    Full-size version here: http://usera.imagecave.com/adamhawke...ityProGold.png
    Attachment 87015
    Think it's this one.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Correct. It's gonna be black & "gold" (or whatever you want to call that color).

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    Ford colours...
    the only colour you can get at that time: black

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Panda Power Ultra Pro has arrived in Malaysia ....

Finally the ULTRA PRO has arrived in Malaysia shore ....

Panda Power fans in Malaysia and Indonesia who has pre-order or would like to buy Ultra Pro, you can PM me or send an e-mail. Check my e-mail at www.dcbadminton.net/order.htm for the Malaysia/Indonesia distributor ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've received my Trinity 2 last Tuesday(thanks to Mr. Ansar Aris for taking his time dealing with me for a month, haha) and strung it at 26lbs with an Apacs string, and overgrip it with a Karakal grip. It's a very good racquet, my first try on the racquet was yesterday, playing at an open court, no roof, no walls, and with a strong wind blowing. I was very impressed with the racquet, it's very aerodynamic, I can swing it easily even when the wind blows strongly. I felt a lot powerful and faster too. I also played for almost 2 hours this morning at an indoor court where I usually went to and used my Trinity 2 but I still have not used it to its full potential. I wonder why but after 2 days I didn't play badminton, I seems to forgot the smashing technique, lol.

By the way, the specs is:
    SW : 85.9
    BP : 292mm

Oh, and the badminton shop where I went to strung the racquet is funny. She said this is a fake racquet, never buy online anymore after this, come to her shop and buy racquets from them. Her reason is simple, she never heard of Panda Power or DCBadminton. Let me tell you that this kind of business trick won't work on me.
    But the design is kinda off at the frame, the red stripes I mean. Was it really meant like that? Overall, the racquet is awesome, excellent job guys.

P.s. Sketchy(or whoever the webmaster of dcbadminton.net are), please update the website with latest photos, I was confused when I received my racquet. I thought I got an old version of it but it's not. I did some research and I even misread about it too, lol, it was embarrassing. :P
    Last edited by aCROX999; 01-20-2011 at 01:36 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bro acROX999,not only did you got yourself a very impressive racket, you even gotten yourself a racket with fantastic BP and weigh!

Very soon, you will be able to unleash the dragon from this beast.

Not too sure if other ppl will agree with what i say, but i seems to get more power from Trinity 2 as compared to Precision.... but no doubt that precision seems like a easier racket to place with.(On days when i am not feeling good or strong, this is my racket to go)

Have fun and enjoy!

Cheerio
    From Singapore

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sen_jie View Post
    Bro acROX999,not only did you got yourself a very impressive racket, you even gotten yourself a racket with fantastic BP and weigh!

Very soon, you will be able to unleash the dragon from this beast.

Not too sure if other ppl will agree with what i say, but i seems to get more power from Trinity 2 as compared to Precision.... but no doubt that precision seems like a easier racket to place with.(On days when i am not feeling good or strong, this is my racket to go)

Have fun and enjoy!

Cheerio
    From Singapore
    I agree, although my Precision has a higher BP, the flexible shaft seems to limit the power compared to the T2. Both are very light, to which I need to adapt before playing acceptably, but the T2 has definitely more power. I'm looking forward to the TPro very much now - it'll have better specs, so I'll hopefully get more power out of it =) if it's only 2/3 as fast around the net and in defense as my T2s and Precisions, I'm gonna be very happy indeed

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j4ckie View Post
    I agree, although my Precision has a higher BP, the flexible shaft seems to limit the power compared to the T2. Both are very light, to which I need to adapt before playing acceptably, but the T2 has definitely more power. I'm looking forward to the TPro very much now - it'll have better specs, so I'll hopefully get more power out of it =) if it's only 2/3 as fast around the net and in defense as my T2s and Precisions, I'm gonna be very happy indeed
    What spec TPro are you looking at, compared to your T2?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my Current T2 is 85.7g and 287bp
    my current Miss P is at 85.7g and 290bp

both string with BG66 at 25 with same karakal Pu grip. but still the T2 which have a lower bp produce more power.

Yea will wait and see how things goes. but this time round i hope to look at at 85.7G and 293bp range

will wait and see