User Tag List

Page 256 of 424 FirstFirst ... 156 206 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 306 356 ... LastLast
Results 4,336 to 4,352 of 7206
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark A View Post
    Payment has just gone in for the UK/EU shipment, so any specs I have for you are now locked. I got two more than the number of pre-orders, so these will be up for grabs until I get the rackets and they go public - spec unknown as yet, but I'll find out when I open the box.

GBP/EU price, on today's Paypal exchange rate, is now fixed at 83/99 Euro (with the usual 10% multi-buy discount and combined shipping applying).

Hopefully my prompt payment will mean my guys get the pick of the specs from the second half of the shipment...
    Great work Mark!

Any chance of getting hold of the specs from Panda prior to him shipping?

When you mean 'second half of the shipment' do you mean that which will be with Panda in a couple of week?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cayzi View Post
    Maybe know what were the racket spec?
    Coach D didn't get any rackets because Panda didn't have any extras with him.
    He tested Panda's ~86.0, BP290.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alpinerock View Post

Any chance of getting hold of the specs from Panda prior to him shipping?
    I can always ask - I got a huge ream of them over MSN earlier (only to be told they were all off-limits).

When you mean 'second half of the shipment' do you mean that which will be with Panda in a couple of week?
    Thats' the one I mean. Would be double the shipping AND customs if I did it in two batches, so it's a case of waiting an extra fortnight so I don't have to jack the price up to cover.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cheers Mark

What do you mean off-limits?

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinkAlot View Post
    Coach D didn't get any rackets because Panda didn't have any extras with him.
    He tested Panda's ~86.0, BP290.
    Both he and you have good tastes, because that's exactly what I've pre-ordered!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cheers Mark

What do you mean off-limits?
    I assume not for UK market (pre sold by Panda to others I imagine...)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jamesd20 View Post
    I assume not for UK market (pre sold by Panda to others I imagine...)
    Hmmmmmmm!!!!!

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmmmmmm!!!!!
    I know. I feel it, too

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    Both he and you have good tastes, because that's exactly what I've pre-ordered!
    ditto!!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j4ckie View Post
    I know. I feel it, too
    the only thing we can do is wait
    that means around one month before we can try the Tpro which is almost easter (and in easter, I can play with it almost everyday)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that this should actually go in the "String" sub-forum, but I feel like this thread has a little bit of everything, plus the people here seem to be the most informed about PP rackets, as they should.

I have been using a Panda Power Precision strung at 24 lbs. for quite a while now. When I first started using it, I noticed a dramatic increase in my smashing speed. However, as time has gone on, it's started to drop more and more, and now my smash is no longer an effective shot. This obviously is a problem. I don't think that my technique has gotten any worse, and I have had people watch me to make sure I'm using correct form. I have tried just about everything to fix this problem.

Now, my string is broken. This is where my question is. Should I drop my tension down to 22? I know that the Precision is a defensive racket, and I really like that, but I need some strength behind the smashes. 22 lbs. seems like the right thing to do. Or does it?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
    the only thing we can do is wait
    that means around one month before we can try the Tpro which is almost easter (and in easter, I can play with it almost everyday)
    Well, at least it won't distract me from my last two league matches - although Easter is gonna be a bad thing for my usual training schedule as most gyms are closed in the holidays. That'll probably mean a 60% reduction in training (2 instead of 5)....so it'll take longer to review as I want to fully adapt to the racket before forming an opinion...
    I'm gonna re-try my other PP's in that time lately I felt a bit weak at times, so they'll be a nice alternative in doubles^^

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hotsauce,

What string?

Probably lost tension after so many months.

Should keep the same 24lb, don't use 22, that'll feel like a pillow!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    ^^

What string?

Probably lost tension after so many months.

Should keep the same 24lb, don't use 22, that'll feel like a pillow!
    Agree with visor. I don't understand why you would want to lower the tension after you notice a decrease in "smash speed" after a period of time, surely the tension has dropped so you should either restring or raise the tension a bit.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hotsauce View Post
    I think that this should actually go in the "String" sub-forum, but I feel like this thread has a little bit of everything, plus the people here seem to be the most informed about PP rackets, as they should.

I have been using a Panda Power Precision strung at 24 lbs. for quite a while now. When I first started using it, I noticed a dramatic increase in my smashing speed. However, as time has gone on, it's started to drop more and more, and now my smash is no longer an effective shot. This obviously is a problem. I don't think that my technique has gotten any worse, and I have had people watch me to make sure I'm using correct form. I have tried just about everything to fix this problem.

Now, my string is broken. This is where my question is. Should I drop my tension down to 22? I know that the Precision is a defensive racket, and I really like that, but I need some strength behind the smashes. 22 lbs. seems like the right thing to do. Or does it?
    Actually, it's gonna depend on the string used - thinner strings give more power and can be strung at higher tensions without making it more difficult to play hard/high shots. On the other hand, they lose tension sooner. If you were happy with 24lbs and your smash got weaker, that's probably due to the tension dropping with time, so using less tension to begin with would probably make it worse.
    What string did you use? Perhaps you could go with one that holds tension a bit longer - BG80 and VS850 both hold tension pretty well in my experience, BG65, BG66, Accupower62 don't. Anyhow, my advice would be to use 24 or 25lbs, while the 25 might be a bit harder to use initially, the tension loss will not affect you as much.
    Re-stringing your racket every 2 months is also something you should consider as ALL strings will lose tension (&elasticity) and perform worse as a result. Depending on your amount of training, it should be less than the costs of your shuttles.....

[I restring rackets as soon as I notice a significant decrease in tension and power. Normally, that takes 1-5 months, depending on the racket, as I use some more than others. On my N50II, which I use approximately 10hrs a week or more, the last string lasted me 8 weeks. The one on my N70 broke after 5, but was still pretty good. The N50 has the same string for 5 or 6 months now, but went unused for a long time. It's not gonna last much longer though.]
    Last edited by j4ckie; 02-08-2011 at 11:10 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BG65. These responses make a whole lot of sense. I always just attributed it to my gameplay. So what do you all suggest? Back to 24? Or a little bit higher so that it will drop down to 24?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After 2 weeks, the BG65, will get down about close to 3 lbs. Since you are looking for more power from the Precision, why don't you try the BG80 at 23 lbs for the mains and 25 lbs for the crosses. Might feel a tad tight the first week, but you should noticed the benefits after one week. It might also give you a bit more control around the net and it should retain it's tension longer.