User Tag List

Page 271 of 438 FirstFirst ... 171 221 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 321 371 ... LastLast
Results 4,591 to 4,607 of 7441
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dimcorner View Post
    It actually plays a little faster than the 1st gen Ti-10 in my opinion but with just about as much power and better feel.
    This is because of no paint/decals/graphics.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post
    Ok. So this means that the approximate specs that you recommend to buyers when dealing with them are "always" dry weight specs? And it is always safe to assume that the BP and weight will "effectively" increase when strung?
    As Dink mentioned on the previous page, string is about 5-6g and a thin overgrip is about the same 5-6g. So if you use this overgrip, which is what I use, then bp effectively is unchanged and total weight is increased by around 10-12g. Simple really.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok. So this means that the approximate specs that you recommend to buyers when dealing with them are "always" dry weight specs? And it is always safe to assume that the BP and weight will "effectively" increase when strung?
    Kevin: when we talk about badminton stuff, it's always "ceteris paribus" (Latin for "with all other things equal").

So yes, of course the racket will weigh more and the BP will increase when the racket is strung; but that's a common factor for any racket so it's omitted as it's given.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by singnflip4life View Post
    When i talk to Dinkalot when ordering specs, I always deal in dry weight specs. It makes things easier on both ends. It is easier for me to do this because I have settled on a grip and string setup that are very consistent because I apply my own grips and use my own stringing machine. I can't imagine the trouble it would be to ask for a racket that would be a certain spec when strung with a certain string/tension and with a certain grip due to differences in how people do things.

And when only applying string, it makes sense that since you are adding something to the head of the racket, there is added weight so weight must go up. And since you've added that weight to the top of the racket, it must also hold that the weight it now more balanced to the head, thus bp would go up.
    Got it. I was just confirming that Dink and I's conversation was all about dry specs including the reference specs of my old Precision racket

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinkAlot View Post
    Panda has said before and will say it again, all Trinities are modeled after the Ti10. The frame shape is identical, the stiffness and material used is near identical. Panda just made some synergistic changes to make the Trinity less demanding.
    Yes I remember that. But I think you've finally done it. Now the next step? Make it even better ;-p

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Panda has said before and will say it again, all Trinities are modeled after the Ti10. The frame shape is identical, the stiffness and material used is near identical. Panda just made some synergistic changes to make the Trinity less demanding.
    Dink, it's great that you're continuing the legacy of the much in demand Ti 10 that YY unfortunately decided to abandon.

Is there a current YY racket that is similar to the venerable Ti 10?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kevin: when we talk about badminton stuff, it's always "ceteris paribus" (Latin for "with all other things equal").

So yes, of course the racket will weigh more and the BP will increase when the racket is strung; but that's a common factor for any racket so it's omitted as it's given.
    Great. Now my mindset is correct. When talking about BP and weight, it is always specs gripped and unstrung

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by singnflip4life View Post
    Yes I remember that. But I think you've finally done it. Now the next step? Make it even better ;-p
    Ordered a couple of PTs with Ti-Mesh/Kevlar reinforcement around the 2,4,7, and 10 o'clock...

...stay tuned.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great. Now my mindset is correct. When talking about BP and weight, it is always specs gripped and unstrung
    We refer to it as "dry weight": unstrung with original grip. If you mod or change the grip, you need to say dry weight with modded grip and disclose what you did...

...in the case of the RKEP Ultimate replacement grip, it's nearly the same weight as the stock Panda grip (maybe 1g heavier) so it's basically a wash.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j4ckie View Post
    Okay there should Be markings - otherwise no one would know it's a Panda racket
    Buttcap (+ stringlogo)

Quote Originally Posted by dimcorner View Post
    It actually plays a little faster than the 1st gen Ti-10 in my opinion but with just about as much power and better feel.
    Doesn't Gen 1 have a ~295 bp?

It's not a boxframe is it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ordered a couple of PTs with Ti-Mesh/Kevlar reinforcement around the 2,4,7, and 10 o'clock...

...stay tuned.

Quickly steps to front of line to help with testing.

Checked and 2 more bank payments on past rackets purchases, cash in empties, and
    a final check under the couch cushions and ready to green light new acquisitions .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...stay tuned.
    wow that remain me to my prototype back in 2009, full woven frame with 2,4,7,10 o'clock Ti-mesh and with Ti-wire enhanced in the shaft (idea for shaft was based on AT700)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by demolidor View Post
    It's not a boxframe is it?
    Face palm!

The Ultra series = box frame.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

* Wax off *

Isn't T1 a boxframe? Or perhaps I should have just used "muscle power frame" in the first place . I thought T2 was a NS9900 copy ...

* Wax on *

"MPF" ... aerobox?
    Last edited by demolidor; 02-17-2011 at 05:40 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...stay tuned.
    Muahahaha sounds delicious. I call dibs when youve had your fun ;p

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some random updates:

An advanced player ordered a TPro, 86.5g, BP288 with ZM70 at 28lbs. He played about 30 minutes with it and said it was very good but not "great" as he had expected. He said it was a bit heavy for him. Panda lent him Panda's personal Ultra Pro, 85.0g, BP295 with ZM62 @ 28lbs. and he loved it and said the UPro felt lighter and had better defense and the shuttle exploded off the string bed (ZM62). So he traded the TPro for the UPro. On paper, the UPro definitely swings heavier and is harder to defend with but to each his own; everyone is different and Panda just tries to help out.

------------------------

A week ago, "Coach P" purchased an Ultra Pro and a Trinity Pro. Panda received a text message from Coach today:

"Hello, this is [Coach P's] new number. New rackets r great. Thx...
    ...Ur rackets reminds me of the woven 16."

------------------------

Another coach, "Coach D", purchased a TPro today as well. If very good, will be his go to racket.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by demolidor View Post
    Doesn't Gen 1 have a ~295 bp?
    Probably, but I do add a yonex super grap at the bottom of it so the BP will be very close. My playing BP is about 288+/- 2mm for the T-Pro