Results 5,305 to 5,321 of 6638
07-13-2011, 04:49 PM #5305
Maybe YY in US feels this service is more of a individual player-service than a tournament-service, or maybe it is just that you guys would be overloaded with work otherwise :-), but from an organizer perspective it looks kind of "cheap" to not do complimentary stringing of broken strings for all pros :-)
07-13-2011, 06:26 PM #5306
Dan, did you notice the frame shortened a bit at 35 lbs? Is that why 37 lbs was used for the cross? How hard do you have to press the shoulder supports against the frame with the Yonex machines at 30+ lbs? Did you string all frames bottom up?
07-13-2011, 06:37 PM #5307
07-14-2011, 07:24 PM #5308
@PeteLSD: as always, great questions Pete!
Panda did not string the Marc Z. rackets so cannot comment on them, just saw the logs/data.
General stringing answers and observations for Day 3:
1) We normally string the same mains/cross because the ES5Pro (and Protech) supports are first-rate and can hold the racket shape. All rackets are strung bottom-up unless a special request to do otherwise.
2) However, whatever the players ask for we do. So for instance, a few wanted a +2lbs. on the cross. We do it no questions asked. However, the frame will be a tad bit long.
3) With the ES5Pros, the mounting is quite unique (at least for this Panda). The rackets are mounted very high up the frame. It's very effective and sound for bottom-up stringing.
4) Pressure on the shoulder supports is moderately firm. That is, stop putting pressure just when you see/feel the frame flex inward a bit. Another way to tell is, once you mounted the frame, grab the shaft just below the T-Joint and shake the racket. The racket should not move have any play.
5) BG80 made a strong showing on Day 3. Nearly half of the rackets strung requested BG80 at between 24-32lbs. Three NS7000s strung by Panda at 32lbs. with BG80 had such a nice ping.
6) Pressure: Taufik doing his pre-game warm-up behind you while watching you string a Peter Gade Arc 10. (Was looking for a TH Z-Slash to string but there were none at the time )
7) No Pressure: Taufik's coach Hariawan watching you string and smiling and says good job, asking you a few questions. Hariawan said ECP machines are tougher to use and he's not familiar with them. He uses a crank, overcalibrates it by a couple of lbs. Then add 2lbs. on top of that. So when stringing at 32lbs. it's actually 36lbs. on his crank to simulate a 32lbs. on an ECP machine. Hariawan is very polite, a gentlemen. He's very calm. You can start to see why he's Taufik's coach.
8) Pictures really do add 10 - 15lbs. to a person. Prior, Panda had only seen most of the players in pictures or from a distance. Now Panda has seen so many players up close and personal, Panda noticed all the players look about 10-15lbs. thinner and more defined in person; conclusion: all the players are more appealing to the eye than in photos. If a camera company could make a camera that could slim a person down, they would make billions.
Panda not stringing on Day 4: have some more Mama Panda stuff to do. Panda may drop by afterwards to see Kwun though.
07-15-2011, 02:23 PM #5309
interesting. I thought gade moved to vt80.
07-15-2011, 02:33 PM #5310
07-15-2011, 02:39 PM #5311
07-15-2011, 02:57 PM #5312
07-24-2011, 02:55 PM #5313
Dear lord. So if the camera really does add 10-15lbs to a player, what does that mean for the ultra-skinny LCW???
I have a hard time imagining how his face could get any skinnier. Don't get me wrong though, he's always been a favorite player of mine.
08-05-2011, 02:28 PM #5314
Any new developments?
08-10-2011, 11:30 PM #5315
OMG GUYS! Help me... I want to try a panda power racket and i don't know which one to choose! I've been reading through everything on the forum and i just keep drooling over the amazing reviews *_* so... can someone help me? really looking forward to try Panda power.
Oh! and i was wondering where i could get one? I live in Quebec, Canada
Last edited by J-Dragon; 08-10-2011 at 11:35 PM.
08-10-2011, 11:37 PM #5316
08-10-2011, 11:46 PM #5317
08-10-2011, 11:48 PM #5318
08-11-2011, 06:43 AM #5319
Everything else can wait but better to nurse papa panda back to health.
All the best and take care.
08-24-2011, 08:34 AM #5320
So no Revelation anytime soon Dan?
Never mind I am still enjoying T rackets very much!
Take care of you and your family.
09-01-2011, 06:13 AM #5321
By neoanderson777 in forum Badminton StringReplies: 701: 07-20-2013, 01:05 PM
By Hakular in forum Racket Recommendation / ComparisonReplies: 9: 02-04-2011, 11:46 PM
By kevindd992002 in forum Badminton Rackets / EquipmentReplies: 1: 10-02-2010, 03:50 PM
By Kirbit316 in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you postReplies: 1: 06-05-2010, 11:05 PM
By Daniel Chen in forum Badminton StringReplies: 8: 06-27-2001, 08:49 PM