User Tag List

Page 49 of 441 FirstFirst ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 99 149 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have always wanted headlight, light rackets, so I must always have been a pro! (*cough *cough.) It even has the greatest number of excellent's!

Could I just add if you're a beginner maybe use a more flexible racket, then get stiffer as you improve?

I'm still mystified by those wanting to smash the shuttle to bits. I'm more of a fan of players who deceive you to pieces, such as the older players at my club... It would be nice to beat them with skill rather than fitness one day.

Very impressed by the quality control and thoroughly enjoying PP Trinity, now my go to racket for doubles, mixed and singles.

Just a quick question, how many rackets don't make it through quality control and what happens to them afterwards? Is there a panda power racket graveyard around your house?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sevex View Post
    I have always wanted headlight, light rackets, so I must always have been a pro! (*cough *cough.) It even has the greatest number of excellent's!
    This is not a quantitive comparison. The main factor missing in headlight rackets is the power. And sometimes, power is the only factor...people care about or need, depending on the level of play. Overall, balance is needed, that's why moderation is the key, usually.

Could I just add if you're a beginner maybe use a more flexible racket, then get stiffer as you improve?
    Sure, in general.

Just a quick question, how many rackets don't make it through quality control and what happens to them afterwards? Is there a panda power racket graveyard around your house?
    Fortunately, the QC on the manufacturer's side is excellent so to date, we've only had a few rejects out of many hundreds and only one true defect which was in an Ultra 1, that was replaced right away. So, it's currently less than 1%.

Panda knocks on wood...errr...bamboo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jchan04 View Post
    wow, how lucky am I, the club i play at is having a demo night from MJ strings and they are featuring two of your rackets.
    Trinity and Ultra 2.
    wow nice!
    is this free of charge from MJ? :O

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jchan04 View Post
    wow, how lucky am I, the club i play at is having a demo night from MJ strings and they are featuring two of your rackets.
    Trinity and Ultra 2.

That's nice!

Ladies and Gentlemen in SoCal can demo the Panda Power rackets at just about any time. Just say the word.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Does this count as 1 word??..

Quote Originally Posted by DinkAlot View Post
    That's nice!

Ladies and Gentlemen in SoCal can demo the Panda Power rackets at just about any time. Just say the word.
    ..whereandwhen?..

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    ..whereandwhen?..
    Excluding Chris. ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Random-person1 View Post
    wow nice!
    is this free of charge from MJ? :O
    well its free of charge to the club members, but u can drop in for $10 dollars that night.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinkAlot View Post
    This is not a quantitive comparison. The main factor missing in headlight rackets is the power. And sometimes, power is the only factor...people care about or need, depending on the level of play. Overall, balance is needed, that's why moderation is the key, usually.

Fortunately, the QC on the manufacturer's side is excellent so to date, we've only had a few rejects out of many hundreds and only one true defect which was in an Ultra 1, that was replaced right away. So, it's currently less than 1%.
    As you may have guessed I wasn't being too serious with the excellent thing! I find head heavy rackets easier to smash hard with, but not so easy to smash downwards with, so shots go out the back of the court occasionally... It's also harder to return all your opponents shots and make them confused, mildly annoyed and amused.

That's an excellent number on the QC! Selling different BP rackets means you don't need to throw any away if they're too head heavy/head light. Which makes me wonder why more companies don't sell rackets in this way, surely it would reduce wastage and give the consumer what they wanted? Guess it takes too much time (could be automated?) and larger companies don't want to admit they can't make each racket identical to the last.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think another reason, is most customers don't realize the high amount of variation that 5 grams and 5-10 mm difference in BP can make. I know several good players who don't KNOW why their racket feels good to them, or why their version doesn't feel as good as their partner's. Some don't understand why strigns are better, they just know that they prefer a certain one.

And then there's players like me, who get over-technical. I'm a beginner level player (not even D), but I know what I like to use, and I use that as a way to eliminate another excuse that I played poorly because of the racket, and forces me to improve myself. Honestly, I have two rackets of the same model, that vary by only very little (got them from Sir Dink himself) and they feel very very different just swinging them.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Selling different BP rackets means you don't need to throw any away if they're too head heavy/head light. Which makes me wonder why more companies don't sell rackets in this way, surely it would reduce wastage and give the consumer what they wanted? Guess it takes too much time (could be automated?) and larger companies don't want to admit they can't make each racket identical to the last.
    Yes, relatively speaking on both counts. It's very time consuming to do so much QA and it's hard to consistently make "identical" rackets. Identical being +/- 0.1g in weight and BP +/-1mm.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by singnflip4life View Post
    Honestly, I have two rackets of the same model, that vary by only very little (got them from Sir Dink himself) and they feel very very different just swinging them.
    1) They are HPS rackets not Panda Power
    2) Yes, a little variation can feel very different.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh yea I forgot to mention they are HPS rackets. Good catch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HPS?

High Power Smash?
    Helium powered Smash?
    Holllow Pole Shaft?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blurry D View Post
    HPS?

High Power Smash?
    Helium powered Smash?
    Holllow Pole Shaft?
    "Highly-Priced Stick".
    "Heavenly-Produced Specimen"

...or maybe the full name is just too "Hard to Pronounce or Spell"
    Last edited by Fidget; 12-04-2009 at 09:44 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You also need to factor in grip size too. I tend to strip down my grips to basre wood and add a single overgrips (Gamma these days).

Soon as I do that the balance and way the raquets swings immediatly changes. The U1 I have right now was arguably neutral balance, but as soon as did my mods to the grip, it's head heavy.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fidget View Post
    "Highly-Priced Stick".
    "Heavenly-Produced Specimen"

...or maybe the full name is just too "Hard to Pronounce or Spell"
    Dang, that last one is really good!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ViningWolff View Post
    You also need to factor in grip size too. I tend to strip down my grips to basre wood and add a single overgrips (Gamma these days).

Soon as I do that the balance and way the raquets swings immediatly changes. The U1 I have right now was arguably neutral balance, but as soon as did my mods to the grip, it's head heavy.
    Sir!!! Are you serious? Are you trying to drive this Panda up a wall? ...

Think about what you wrote for a minute. How can anyone possibly know what the BP is going to be for ANY modified grip? It's too general, too broad a number. You as an engineer should know this more than anyone.

The best Panda can do is give you the data that's available and you do your own calculations based on how you grip the rackets.

Bad Wolffie! Panda's delaying your Christmas presents!