User Tag List

Page 70 of 427 FirstFirst ... 20 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 120 170 ... LastLast
Results 1,174 to 1,190 of 7249
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sportech View Post
    oh cool....wat's the price in MAS RM???man are you going to make other badminton products like bags,shoes,string,grips,etc?and how's ur website??
    Please contact Adrian Kok, the Malaysian Distributor:
    adriankpk@gmail.com

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by staiger View Post
    If the T2 is anything as good as the Tantrum 200 , then I will switch that to my top of the wanted list. Dink , what spec would you BE trying out for the T2 and which do you prefer ?
    The T2 is definitely comparable, if not a bit better.

You should never ask what someone else prefers in weight and balance. You should only be concerned with what you prefer. Everyone is different.

As for comparable T2 to the T200, just the standard 85-86g, BP285-287.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by huangxl View Post
    Hi Dink, i managed to get my hand on one of the ultra thru a trade. Was wondering what is the balance point for most ultra 1. Initial swing is that it is very light but yet powerful. Frame is very stable. Don't feel any vibration. Have you try the new SW35? It feels even more stiff than the ultra 1 in my opinion.
    The U1 can range from 84.0g to 91.5g in weight, BP285-305. If you feel it's light, you probably got a light one. The lightest one I recall was 84.0g, BP285. The heaviest, at least in swing weight, 90.5g, BP305. The 91.5g was BP290.

Have not tried the SW35.

Panda is not here to make the stiffest racket. Panda is here to try and make excellent performing rackets for the money.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sen_jie View Post
    so any recommandation on which panda racket will suit me?
    The T2 is one of the most versatile rackets. Just about anyone can wield it and can be used for all-around.

Case and point: This Panda now uses it for doubles attacking, swing weight 85.5g, BP288. It's replaced my 87.5g, BP290 U1s.

Sure, if you talk about absolute max smashing power, the U1 will hit harder but the T2 can hit more, faster, easier and defense is better.

I guess to put it in math terms: would you rather hit 100% your max 25 times or 80% your max 100 times? That's the relative ratio. You definitely want the 80% as you get 75 more instances.

And this is why pros (at least in doubles and XD) are going to lighter and lighter stiff rackets. The game is getting faster and flatter (due to the rally scoring) so you need a fast transitioning racket.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see, I haven't tried it in a game but a few shots of the Ultra 1 is that it is a very nice racket to play with excellent feel. Points to improve on could be the paint job quality and the frame could be more aerodynamic to make the racket have a smoother transition. Aero frame should be better than box frame i think. But i like the black and yellow colour of ultra 1 more than ultra 2. Looks like a hardworking honey bee.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Dinkalot, thanks for indulging us with your updated rating of the Panda rackets.

For the T2 you started using the term "swing weight" when referring to its weight. I remember you mentioning that it swings a few grams heavier than it actually weighs... so that means a 86g T2 will have a swing weight of 88g or so? So, to properly choose the correct weight feel on the T2, we should look at the swing weight now?

Thanx! Looking forward to picking mine up in Vancouver, BC over the next few days, as they have just arrived yesterday!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    For the T2 you started using the term "swing weight" when referring to its weight. I remember you mentioning that it swings a few grams heavier than it actually weighs... so that means a 86g T2 will have a swing weight of 88g or so? So, to properly choose the correct weight feel on the T2, we should look at the swing weight now?
    On all the T2s the approximate "swing weight" is labelled. No actual weight is mentioned.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see, I haven't tried it in a game but a few shots of the Ultra 1 is that it is a very nice racket to play with excellent feel. Points to improve on could be the paint job quality and the frame could be more aerodynamic to make the racket have a smoother transition. Aero frame should be better than box frame i think. But i like the black and yellow colour of ultra 1 more than ultra 2. Looks like a hardworking honey bee.

There are so many frame variations because one frame does not fit all.

The Ultras use a box frame because:
    1) More durable
    2) More solid feel

If I used an aero frame on the Ultra, it would not be "ultra" anything.

The T2 is more of an aero frame.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see, thank you for helping me understand this. You are indeed the go to person. Learn so many things just reading from your post.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let me try your racket in tomorrow session so that I can understand all the hype around this beast.

Hi Dink, i managed to get my hand on one of the ultra thru a trade. Was wondering what is the balance point for most ultra 1. Initial swing is that it is very light but yet powerful. Frame is very stable. Don't feel any vibration. Have you try the new SW35? It feels even more stiff than the ultra 1 in my opinion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sure sure. Just worried you don try. Easier to play with than my sw35.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinkAlot View Post
    Case and point: This Panda now uses it for doubles attacking, swing weight 85.5g, BP288. It's replaced my 87.5g, BP290 U1s.

thanks for the reply bro, but care to share with me what do u mean by BP288 and BP 290?

this sounds really interesting for me who is a newbie in badminton.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sen_jie View Post
    thanks for the reply bro, but care to share with me what do u mean by BP288 and BP 290?

this sounds really interesting for me who is a newbie in badminton.
    BP 288 & BP290 are balance points at which if you were to balance the racket on your finger @ points 288mm from the cap and 290 from the cap the weight would be even on both sides
    A BP of 288 is more head light than a BP of 290

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is an even balance racket around 286mm ? or is it higher or lower ? all I know is that I usually go for a racket that is at least 288mm + , I prefer the light head heavy one

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by staiger View Post
    Is an even balance racket around 286mm ? or is it higher or lower ? all I know is that I usually go for a racket that is at least 288mm + , I prefer the light head heavy one
    Panda would say even balanced is around 275-280. 286 is moderate or slightly head heavy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

er....how to choose the balance??anyone can help pls???

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default SW35 vs U1

Having tried both the SW35 (brief demo) and U1 in roughly the same spec, I found the SW35 to be, in Victor terms, very stiff indeed, on par with AT700 at least, but not in the same street as the U1 w.r.t stiffness.

Put simply, I could play properly with the SW35 and was able to bend it (with effort) every time; the U1 was, for me, a bridge too far.

I don't want to sound condescending here, but if the SW35 and U1 feel the same then I can only see two possibilities

a) the person is so strong they can bend both rackets with power to spare,

or

b) they can't bend either racket properly

but I would be happy to be corrected by someone with a more extensive knowledge of SW35 than mine.