User Tag List

Page 137 of 436 FirstFirst ... 37 87 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 187 237 ... LastLast
Results 2,313 to 2,329 of 7396
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trinity-2 is on the way to Malaysia, and to whoever would like to buy this model in Malaysia and Indonesia, you can send me PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

General Information:

Never leave any of your rackets in the car trunk when it's hot or exposed to direct sunlight for prolonged periods of time. Exposure to direct and indirect heat will cause your rackets to become brittle, eventually warp or break. In addition, your string will deteriorate and lose tension.

You should always try to store your rackets in a cool, dry place, between 65 - 80F.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinkAlot View Post
    General Information:

Never leave any of your rackets in the car trunk when it's hot or exposed to direct sunlight for prolonged periods of time. Exposure to direct and indirect heat will cause your rackets to become brittle, eventually warp or break. In addition, your string will deteriorate and lose tension.

You should always try to store your rackets in a cool, dry place, between 65 - 80F.
    Good advice. Been trying it will all of mine, been so hot here in the UK kept a tall fan going in my room and in the shade next to my bed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinkAlot View Post
    General Information:

Good advice except we can not control temperatures when racket are shipped from manufacturer to distributors, to shops,...

Maybe also thermal bag is the reason to prevent that but I left my racket in car in thermal bag and racket was still hot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just got T2v4 and just looks great with red Mizuno strings. I was hoped that Sir Panda would give me some red grips free of charge but anyway

Looks so sexy.

What I notice (not played) yet is that for me T2v4 looks a little less stiff than my other copies of T2v2 are. I have two T2v4 and on both is similar stiffness but less stiff than v2.

And regarding weight is stated 83g but when I compare it with my T2v2 (86g) it weight 1g less. Panda explained to me what is the difference in putting specification but still I really can not image how swing weight and actual weight are related to each other. So I guess anyone who is buying new version should consider weight selection if this is importad and noticeable for you because it looks like there are some differences in defining specifications.

I must try to play with it to give more or better feedback if there is any difference. I will get to you soon.

Regards
    Last edited by cayzi; 06-29-2010 at 01:32 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What are specs of your 2 new T2's compared with the others???

Are you playing mostly doubles with them, and how hard is it to generate power, since they are supposed to be more control oriented.

I wanted to get the T2's, but now have a tendency to wait for the Revolution. I am looking for 83 -85 gr, with 285 balance point.

Am actually playing with the Apacs L70 which is very powerful, but are a bit too head heavy for me for good defence and quick net reaction shot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have the exact specification of T2 which are you mention.

I guess one is also selling under Buy&Sell chapter.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What are about your personnal comments on power and defence of the T2's, since yo must like them if you got 2 more.

And do you plan to try the new Revolution when they will come out???

I hope they will be out soon, I have great confidence in Sir Dink products.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am really not an expert but I decided to try many of different rackets and for what is sure T2 and Power Helix 8000 from Head suits me the best. I am also selling this one just because I have bunch of T2 at home .

What I prefer is 285/83-86g racket.

It depends which version of t2 are you looking for because it looks like things regarding how measurement are done did change if I understood Panda right.

The best would be if you ask him directly for advice.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, I also read that he changed the measurement thing, but he was supposed to post, have you seen anything???

I would like to understand, or as you said, I will ask him directly what to order, with the numbers I understand.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

things will be really confusing if measurement/balance method is different between different versions or racquets.

this needs some clarification otherwise people won't know where they stand, especially if they have a spec they like, but don't know what it is in 'new money'.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed, hopefully, Dink will clarify soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have ordered a T2 via Mark A, and like many people I have been very specific about the specs I want.

I would not really want to spend 90+ on a racquet that is not the specs I asked for due variations in how specs are calculated.

This would be very unfortunate for suppliers such as Mark A.

I understand Mark A's consignment is in transit, so answers to these queries are required very quickly.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To make things easy as possible:

The current version of the Trinity and future Trinities have and will have the same swing weight which is the actual weight of the racket, +/- 0.3g depending on the weight of the plastic wrapper on the grip. The only way to get the exact weight (within +/- 0.1g) is to remove the plastic wrapper which is not going to happen as the racket will no longer be new and incredibly labor intensive. There can be up to a 0.3g discrepancy because the weight of the plastic wrapper on the grip is anywhere from 0.8g to 1.2g. Most are around 0.9 to 1.0g.

The only Trinities with the slightly modified swing weight are Version 2 which have a silver pin-stripe. Those rackets are no longer in production, have been all sold. These rackets have a swing weight of about 0.75g heavier than the actual weight. Why? This is because after extensive testing, we found the racket to swing a bit heavier than they actually were due to the different shaft (details below).

There's nothing wrong with any of the versions of the Trinity.

The only difference aside from the minor graphics changes is the internal shaft thickness. The V2 has a thinner, lighter, supposedly stronger shaft (and more expensive to produce). The rest, the T1 and all other T2s have the normal thicker, standard shaft. We went back to the original shaft because after extensive testing we could not tell a significant difference between the thinner and thicker shafts. Also the strength of the shafts were the same.

To compare weights, just look at the swing weight and BP. Panda has tested (meaning actually played with) numerous Trinity rackets among the different versions and they are all comparable. If you are only dry swinging the racket, please do not comment until you have actually used the rackets extensively as dry swinging is not necessarily a good indicator.

Conclusion: the current version of the Trinity is as close to the actual weight as possible (as was the T1, and other versions) only the Version 2 had a slight modification to the swing weight due to the lighter and thinner internal shaft which does not alter the performance.

If you are looking for a specific weight and BP, it's what you are going to get with the current T2s so there's nothing to worry about.

Thank you for your consideration.
    Last edited by DinkAlot; 06-29-2010 at 04:49 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the explanation Dinkalot.

Forgive if I am wrong but didn't the T2v2 (which you mention had the thinner and lighter shaft) not get somewhat more favourable reviews than the T1 and T2v1, could this not be due to the different shaft? So by now going back to the original shaft is this not a retograde step or were there other differences in the construction of the T1 and T2.

The specs that I gave to Mark A were based on using a T2v2 (with the silver pin-stripe, which I love), so I am now a little worried. True I will not be able to make a proper comparison without having played with new T2 but by then I would have paid for it. So just clarify are you saying there will be no noticeable difference between how a T2v2 plays compared to current version of the T2 with the same spec?

Thanks for your time in answering my queries.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1) Actually, the current version of the Trinity (V3) has received the most favorable reviews. So far, 20 of 21 repeat customers who have purchased multiple V1s, V2s and V3s prefer the V3. Of course there are others that may have not replied to Panda yet.

About 10 of the 20 who prefer the V3 actually think the V3 performs better. Some said a little, some said a lot. The other half said they can't really tell a difference but just like the most current graphics and/or just like to know they have the most up-to-date racket. So honest.

Again, Panda has not noticed a significant difference among the rackets. In fact, the string/string tension/grip make more of a difference than anything else which has been the overwhelming result (~90% of the time). From the Trinity 2v1 to the most current Trinity 2v3, Panda has tested over 50 rackets with over 150 string/string tension grip combinations. Over 90% of the time, the preferred rackets are with a thinner string at higher tension...

...two BCers just e-mailed Panda asking for very specific details about the Trinities he prefers.

Panda currently has 12 x T2 and 1 x Squash Racket in his racket bag :

2 x T2v1
    4 x T2v2
    6 x T2v3

Favorites, these all play great:
    T2v3, 84.8g, BP290 with ZM62 at 28lbs., RK Ultimate Replacement Grip (available in August)
    T2v3, 83.0g, BP293 with ZM62 at 26lbs., RK Ultimate...just sold to customer who loved the string and grip combo
    T2v2, 85.0g, BP288 with ZM62 at 27lbs., RK Ultimate
    T2v1, 85.2g, BP288 with VS850 at 32lbs. RK Nano Replacement Grip

Play Good:
    T2v3: 84.5g, BP290 with BG70Pro at 31lbs., RK Super Soft
    T2v2: 84.0g, BP291 with ZM70 at 31lbs., RK Nano
    T2v2, 85.5g, BP287 with VS850 at 29lbs., RK King Replacement Grip
    T2v1: 85.3g, BP288 with MP at 29lbs., RK King

Play OK:
    T2v3: 84.8g, BP290 with NBG98 at 28lbs., RK Nano
    T2v2: 85.0g, BP287 with ZM67 at 26lbs., RK Nano

Play Average or don't like:
    T2v3: 84.9g, BP290 with BG65 at 24lbs., RK Super Soft
    T2v3: 85.2g, BP288 with ZM67 at 24lbs., RK Super Soft

See the trend? The rackets that play well for Panda are strung higher with thinner string (remember, ZM62 at 28lbs = ~BG65 at 32). The rackets that consistently do not play well for Panda are the lower tension ones. The proof is prior, the two rackets strung at 24lbs. were strung at 28 and 30lbs. respectively with ZM62 and MP respectively and they played well and would be among the favorites.

Please note: it's not that medium or lower tension is not good for these rackets, it's what Panda prefers (a higher tension), which is around 28lbs. to 32lbs. depending on the string.

2) No one can guarantee from racket to racket there will be no differences. It could be identical rackets and one person can feel a difference while another can't. This is all relative. What we do is try our best to minimize the differences. That Panda can assure you.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpinerock View Post
    Forgive if I am wrong but didn't the T2v2 (which you mention had the thinner and lighter shaft) not get somewhat more favourable reviews than the T1 and T2v1, could this not be due to the different shaft? So by now going back to the original shaft is this not a retograde step or were there other differences in the construction of the T1 and T2.

The specs that I gave to Mark A were based on using a T2v2 (with the silver pin-stripe, which I love), so I am now a little worried. True I will not be able to make a proper comparison without having played with new T2 but by then I would have paid for it. So just clarify are you saying there will be no noticeable difference between how a T2v2 plays compared to current version of the T2 with the same spec?

Thanks for your time in answering my queries.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just FYI:

Panda does not only rigorously test the rackets himself, he has multiple players from all levels from advanced beginners to top amateurs to top professionals. Also, the customers give lots of (usually) good feedback which are all taken into account.

Great Endorsements That Cannot Be Officially Verified:
    The top professionals (have won many and/or participated in numerous open tournaments, multiple world championships, All Englands, and a few Olympics) who have tested the Panda Power rackets have all stated the Panda Power rackets were anywhere from "good" to "excellent" to "wow!" and they would have no reservations playing competitively with the Panda Power rackets if they were not sponsored.

And because they are sponsored, they shall remain nameless.

Bottom line: don't worry.

And if you are worried, Panda suggests you try the racket first and see if you like it.
    There are no perfect rackets because we players are not perfect and what maybe perfect today may not be tomorrow. There are too many variables. The best we can do is try to minimize these variables and be consistent. Hey, that sounds like the formula to winning not just in badminton...

...but in life.