User Tag List

Page 351 of 447 FirstFirst ... 251 301 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 401 ... LastLast
Results 5,951 to 5,967 of 7585
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The new PP Pro feels stiff to me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you for your fast answer, i'll have a look at T pro's review

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the tpro has a wider range of stiffness, but it is all 'stiff' I think. The ppro's stiffness the stiffer half of the tpro range:

TPro: 7.8 ~ 8.2
    PPro: 7.8 ~ 8.0

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Had a tantrum 300 before and a very good racket but for doubles found too demanding
    after a few games. Tpro I agree would be closest have similiar characteristics but be a bit less demanding. Precision would be a bit less stiff but much more manueverable. If you bought one I would order one at least 3g heavier. Loving the new Precision since it
    swings fast having to add weights to it to slow it down. Think my reaction is just like Kwun's we like say 85g unstrung rackets but the new Precision swings like an 82g. So
    have to tweak it to 88g to be back in our normal swing zone. Once I get it dialed in
    will get off my butt and give a good review.

Quote Originally Posted by razorei View Post
    Hi everybody,

Sorry i didn't read the 350 pages of that thread so maybe my question has been asked few times .

Im currently playing with APACS tantrum 300 and im very happy with that racket but it's becoming more and more difficult to find some since they released the new model which i think wouldn't fits me because i don't like medium stiff rackets.

Im quite interested by Panda's brand because i like "exotic" brands (i was playing with Sotx and now apacs).

Which racket of the line up would you guys advice me to choose? I like stiff rackets even balanced or slightly head heavy.
    Im not a great attackers, im much more a defender in single play but during double game i attacks much more.
    I need a rackets which allows me to switch between single and double game without any problem.

In the line up i saw on panda's website, i think trinity pro or ultra 2 could fit me. what do you think? any review of these rackets available?

Thank you

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Comparing to the T300, I think there is such a thing is too well built. I loved the T300's brutal stability and stiffness, but I found it too heavy and not aerodynamic enough in actual play; the PPro is just more "useable" (if that makes any sense).

The PPro has one of the best strength/aerodynamics balance I've seen in any racket so far, comparable to the Victor Octablade.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like stiff rackets so i think i'll go for a PP instead of a TP.
    How much does a PP cost? (it isn't available on panda's website yet )

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by razorei View Post
    I like stiff rackets so i think i'll go for a PP instead of a TP.
    How much does a PP cost? (it isn't available on panda's website yet )
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark A View Post
    It's that time again... the updated/revamped Precision will be with me in the next few weeks, so I'm now accepting pre-orders. Previous buyers should contact me - you should know why; I have your details on file.

Price - $125 equivalent at the time I order (usual multibuy discount applies) + stringing and shipping.

Target weight/balance is 290+5 mm/85-88 g, so please choose your specifications accordingly; any desired specs will be subject to +2 mm and + 1 g, and there may be some low or high outliers.

Email or PM ASAP me and I'll put you on my list.

M.
    I think you need to buy it from Mark (from UK)
    add the price with stringing and the delivery
    Mark is a very good stringer, so you should not worry about bad string job

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
    I think you need to buy it from Mark (from UK)
    add the price with stringing and the delivery
    Mark is a very good stringer, so you should not worry about bad string job
    ... and I have to re-order from the Panda!

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some final thoughts after long-term use...

Power: the upper limit is just - just - within my abilities, which I like. Moreover, it's a "generous" racket, extremely tolerant of less-than-stellar technique and tiredness. Power ceiling - within 5% of MX80 (taking my racket's weight and balance into account); power/effort ratio doesn't really match up to anything except, possibly, the upper mid-range Nanospeeds.

Defence: somewhat a function of weight and balance, but the frame plays a part. There are fast frames (Bravesword, AT900T) and strong frames (APACS T300, Forza 550), but few that can do both. Speed - the Octablade is a good benchmark, but I feel the PPro is slightly the faster. I find myself going into masochistic, smash-tempting rallies a lot more these days because my wide forehand defence has improved dramatically (and it was decent to begin with).

Feel: displaced the previous champion, my red TPro. No other production racket I've tried gets close, not even the woven ones. It's just... alive.

Stability/control: I've commented on the small sweetspot before, but the problem diminshed somewhat as I got used to it. Slightly more frame torque than the TPro, but then the TPro frame is a LOT thicker. The sliced line drive is a good way to tell the head is getting knocked off line; the PPro doesn't.

Is the PPro the best racket I've tried so far? Well, it would have to displace the TPro... and it does. At my weight and balance it's more powerful, has more accessible power, defends better, has better feel, LOOKS better... and costs the same. The only thing I can mark it down for is that slight "out of plane" softness, but after dozens of frame hits at 30 lb of tension, if it was going to go, it would have gone a long time ago. I'd also like to hide those exposed grommets, but then the extraordinary lateral frame strength would disappear.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MarkA, I agree with the power and the defence.
    However, I don't have any issue with head torsion, at all. This is probably a function of my Ppro having a lower balance point than yours. But the stability of the frame on my model is absolutely one of it's finest points.

I also don't mind the sticky-out grommets. They've grown on me. They give the Ppro a riveted metal, tough-guy chic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What max tension can the PPro handle?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post
    What max tension can the PPro handle?
    Warranty up to: 32lbs.

Panda recommends the lower the better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey DinkAlot, is there any chances that you make another version of the PPro with a different colour ? I like the black one ; just wondering

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had just bought a PPro 86.6gm, bp308 with original grip, string BG66 @25lb. Previously using victor SW35, 4U,BP293mm,BG66U@25x27lbs. I need advice fm you guys, how come in term of power wise it only marginally better compared to victor? I thot ppro would give me more significant power especially lobbing fm baseline to baseline. Is it my stroke or tension? I intend to adjust my bp to 293mm by adding another over grip.
    Last edited by forumer; 07-17-2012 at 03:10 AM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default first impressions of precision pro

**This is based on my first play with the racket (8 games worth). I will post again after i play with it a few more weeks.

Precision Pro - 285mm BP/85.5g. Zymax 67 (ivory) @ 25 x 27.5 lbs

Background:
    Oval User: YY Carbonex 30MS (own 7 - 5 broke), YY Carbonex 50
    Other rackets I've tried: Ti-10 1st gen, MP99

Looks

I like the all black color and i'm getting used to the fact that all the grommets are exposed. I have no issues with the look of the racket.

Stringing
    Gamma 6004 + Chudek Supports + Wise
    I strung an extra cross at T6. Very easy to string this racket.

Power

Coming from an Oval background, it took little time to hit the sweet spot and at a consistent rate. Fantastic hitting sound and i seemed to get more pop in my smashes. It took less effort to generate power when compared to the Carbonex 30 and 50

Defence/Control

The swing speed of this racket has allowed be to react and defend better and has allowed me to open up other options for redirecting shots especially off attacks on the server. No control issues.

Stability, Feel
    Solid racket and seems to cut through the air very quick.

Summary

It took me about a month to get used to the Carbonex 50 from primarily playing with the 30MS. I've only had one session with the Precision Pro and I found that this racket was a natural and easy transition from the Carbonex 30MS. No adjustments needed. I was just surprised how responsive the racket was on drives, defence and power.

I look forward to seeing if it suits my playing style in singles, but i'm definitely leaning toward this racket as being my go to racket for doubles....

Now i need to order more....like 3 or 4 more...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DarthHowie View Post
    Now i need to order more....like 3 or 4 more...
    Wow, Panda never thought he was steal Howie from the Dark Side (oval)!

Welcome to the Light Side...isometric frames...LOL!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinkAlot View Post
    Wow, Panda never thought he was steal Howie from the Dark Side (oval)!

Welcome to the Light Side...isometric frames...LOL!
    Well......I'm still on the Dark Side because your racket is a matte black color . Please don't make a light color version LOL.

Round 2 of testing will be Sunday.