User Tag List

Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    CN TowerToronto, Mapleland
    Posts
    205
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: How to spot a fake SOTX racquet??

    Is there any update on how to spot a fake racquet??
    I know there are a lot of treads about Yonex but not enough is said about SOTX.

    The last good tread is 2/ 1/2 years old.
    Now that SOTX is more popular, I'm sure there are more fakes around.
    How can we spot a fake SOTX racquet??
    Thanks.

    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...highlight=sotx

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    67
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think you'd probably only have to worry about the higher end expensive SOTX racquets like Woven 16 or so.. Lower end and mid-range racquets have less of an appeal for forgers.

  3. #3
    Regular Member maa2003's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Kemaman, Malaysia
    Posts
    1,765
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tornoni View Post
    Is there any update on how to spot a fake racquet??
    I know there are a lot of treads about Yonex but not enough is said about SOTX.

    The last good tread is 2/ 1/2 years old.
    Now that SOTX is more popular, I'm sure there are more fakes around.
    How can we spot a fake SOTX racquet??
    Thanks.

    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...highlight=sotx
    there will be a sticker which to be scrathed in order to know numbers.
    this number is related to some special code.

    from 2009, SOTX using special chip in order to identify the fake one.

    please buy SOTX from official agent only.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    CN TowerToronto, Mapleland
    Posts
    205
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maa2003 View Post
    there will be a sticker which to be scrathed in order to know numbers.
    this number is related to some special code.

    from 2009, SOTX using special chip in order to identify the fake one.

    please buy SOTX from official agent only. Yes, if buy new.

    Thanks to Phuoma and maa2003 for the updates.
    How about in the used SOTX market, how to you spot a fake.

  5. #5
    Regular Member maa2003's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Kemaman, Malaysia
    Posts
    1,765
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tornoni View Post
    Thanks to Phuoma and maa2003 for the updates.
    How about in the used SOTX market, how to you spot a fake.
    you have to scratch to see the number and ask SOTX to verify it.
    I can help you to ask for it.

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    67
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Did you have any particular models you wanted in mind?

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    CN TowerToronto, Mapleland
    Posts
    205
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    maa2003 -PMed you.

    Phouma--no particular model for now. Hoping to learn ahead before next purchase or trade.
    This is also for any BC member benefits as well.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Brunei
    Posts
    93
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Sorry... This might be an old and repeating question...
    Who is the official SOTX dealer in UK? Is there a website that i can confidently buy from?

    And out of topic question... How does the Woven 7 feels? Is there any Yonex comparison? Thank you....

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    3,653
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I never heard of a fake SOTX but there are 3 places that i trust to buy SOTX rackets from worldwide.

    MBS
    Ibuysports
    puppysports

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Birmingham, England
    Posts
    272
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The place I got my woven 7 in the UK was:

    http://www.sotxsports.co.uk/

    Woven 7 is unusual not like any Yonex as such, maybe Ti 10? Very good on the net and feels very solid for all shots. It took time to adjust too though. Also if you use head light rackets then defence may seem slow at first. Good racket though.

    As I've recently discovered rackets don't make as much difference as technique!

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Brunei
    Posts
    93
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sevex View Post
    The place I got my woven 7 in the UK was:

    http://www.sotxsports.co.uk/

    Woven 7 is unusual not like any Yonex as such, maybe Ti 10? Very good on the net and feels very solid for all shots. It took time to adjust too though. Also if you use head light rackets then defence may seem slow at first. Good racket though.

    As I've recently discovered rackets don't make as much difference as technique!
    Thank you for the link and review. Will definitely give the website a look..

Similar Threads

  1. How to Spot Fake Victor Racquet?
    By khaoswing in forum Racket Recommendation / Comparison
    Replies: 10
    : 05-09-2010, 01:04 AM
  2. How to Spot a Fake Yonex???
    By quark_816 in forum Identify Fake Racket (Price/Source/Serial/Photos are required)
    Replies: 1
    : 10-18-2007, 09:02 PM
  3. How do I spot a fake
    By Warriec in forum Racket Recommendation / Comparison
    Replies: 37
    : 07-30-2007, 10:01 AM
  4. How to spot the Fake Yonex Racquet Tutorial
    By bluejeff in forum Identify Fake Racket (Price/Source/Serial/Photos are required)
    Replies: 75
    : 02-09-2007, 06:43 AM
  5. how to spot fake yonexes
    By sharkboy in forum Identify Fake Racket (Price/Source/Serial/Photos are required)
    Replies: 30
    : 04-23-2003, 05:00 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •