Badminton Highschool Cities: Mixed doubles problem?

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by AznAndrew, Apr 23, 2009.

1. AznAndrew

AznAndrew Regular Member

Hey,on Saturday, i have to attend cities for badminton with a freshman girl, and so far, i'm having bad thoughts about her.

She never comes to practices (Has drama rehearsals all the time), moves lazily around the court, puts no effort into hitting the shuttle, and doesn't even properly know how to hit the shuttle that's IF she manages to hit it. If she does manage, it goes high in to the mid-court, which ends with a smash.

I'm not trying to say i'm totally superior or anything, but how am i supposed to work with her if she does these things?

2. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Sorry to say, if she has absolute no fundamentals and not willing to even try to improve, there's NOTHING you can do, period. :cool:

3. keith.roche

keith.roche Regular Member

you could improve her game by not playing games against someone. take some 10 shuttles with you and ask her to stay near the net. feed her the shuttles from opposite court and ask her to nail it down ( tap ) . If I get a partner who could tap the shuttle while standing in the front, i'm pretty confident about the rest. and try to help her by making her do some useful training, not just games. you wont improve by just playing matches.

4. keith.roche

keith.roche Regular Member

and as LazyBuddy posted, if she doesnt have the interest, keep your mouth zipped :p lol. coz it'll just be a waste of time for you , trying to improve her game.

5. azn32boi

azn32boi Regular Member

Try and teach her, start with basics, get her used to it first, then start using it in games. If she doesn't want to, then forget it, either just quit playing with her, or ignore it. You could always tell her to stand in the corner too lol. I remember someone did that, 'cause his partner sprained his ankle.

6. AznAndrew

AznAndrew Regular Member

Ahhh. i was afraid of that.

Only if....the tournament is tomorrow. We can get no more practice in. Shame shame...:(