The need to go to the loo in the middle of a tourney

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Monster, Apr 24, 2009.

1. Monster

Monster Regular Member

Have you guys ever experienced tummy ache or any other form of nature's call during a match esp in a tournament?

What do you do? Are we allowed to pause the game and finish the business and resume afterwards? Are there rules which say No to this?

2. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

i think its due to nerves. and yes, when some people are nervous, they will feel the urge to go!
    unless you already feel the urge to go even before the tournament, and dont go, then yeah you will feel it during a match.

correct me if i'm wrong. i think when you play sport, your body decreases blood flow to your internal organs to increase blood flow to your extremities - where it is needed most. this means digestion actually ceases (or slows down). that means you would not suddenly feel the urge to go in the middle of a match.

and i think any sensible umpire should allow the player to take an "injury" time-out which is 3 minutes or something like that.

3. akrylik

akrylik New Member

You are allowed but this is not usually necessary unless the game you play is too easy.

The decrease in water level in your body through sweat causes a disruption in the body homeostatis. Antidiuretic hormones are produced to decrease the release of water through digestive means and increases reabsorption of water to the body.

4. bradmyster

bradmyster Regular Member

Customer server network Support
    yeh you are able to take a timeout lol unless the referee is an ass.

the only time iv ever got the urge to go is breaks in between sets.....and i was like downing a bit of water and it suddenly came on. So i just said to the ref i have to go to the bathroom quickly...ref said no problem be quick.
    its nothing big if nature calls unless people can see you using it as a cheap tactic. Such as your opponent has a roll on you winning the last 4 or 5 points and you go stop gota go to bathroom and then take ages.