Pleasanton CA, anyone wanna play?

Discussion in 'USA West' started by Chun, Sep 6, 2002.

1. Chun

Chun Regular Member

Anyone in bay area wanna play in pleasanton this weekend?
    7pm - 11pm.

I'm around c flight skill. Let me know, thx.

2. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    Chun,

do you normally play there? i used to go when my regular gym was closed earlier in the summer. but these days i am going back to my regular gym as Pleasanton is a little bit far for me. may be next year. enjoy!

3. Chun

Chun Regular Member

kwun,

I usually play either at pleasanton or at fremont only cause it's convenient since I live in Oakland.

Where's your regular gym kwun?

4. monto

monto Regular Member

where do you play in Fremont? i live here and have been going to Pleasanton some Saturdays

5. Chun

Chun Regular Member

Monto,

I used to play in Irvington Community Center. But since I've been to Pleasanton, I like it there better - more courts and longer playing time. If you've been to pleasanton on Sat, I probably have seen ya play. Do you play on Sundays at pleasanton?

6. trademark14

trademark14 Regular Member

anybody have the direction or address to this place in pleasanton?

7. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    from SJ area: go 680 North towards Dublin, take Stoneridge exit, turn right, stay on Stoneridge. around 1 mile or 2, turn right on Willow, the gym is to your left hand side, you should see a parking lot and a big "gymnasium" sign.

janet and i got bored at home so we went there to play tonight. we enjoyed it, didn't have to wait for too long, the gym floor is nice. and we played good opponents too.

8. krnkpboy

krnkpboy Regular Member

Student
    me and couple of my friends goto pleasanton gym every sunday... around 6... we suck though.... hmm Chun do you wanna train me ? :) lol i shuld go there shout out CHUN!!!!!!!! hehe -_-;;;

I used to go irv. community center too.... like friday and some sundays..... pleasanton gym... lines r freaking hard to see ... :confused:

9. Draculans

Draculans Regular Member

I went to the pleasanton gym last sunday and I got there around 1:30pm and left at around 6 when they closed, I forgot to check the opening times though, I believe they've changed now, does anyone know the # to the school so I can call them up and ask or maybe the new hours? Thx in advance

10. Tide123

Tide123 Regular Member

wondering..

Hi, I was wondering how many courts there are here..and what're the skill levels? I've never been to an open gym before and I don't want to go there and get beaten left to right..and does anyone know how long you can stay on a court?? thanks a bunch.

11. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    9 courts. i suggest you sit down and watch the players, pick some who are at your level and ask them if they want to play.

you can stay on the court for a match, best of 3 sets.

12. monto

monto Regular Member

anyone know if Thomas Hart is for Pleasanton residents only now? (verify by driver's license) I haven't been there for a few months now, but would like to go back, but talking to two people, they both said Pleasanton's gone exclusive :confused:

13. cvanbui

cvanbui Regular Member

student
    does anybody have a schedule on thomas hart for friday badminton.

i haven't been back playing since school started(fresno,csu) at thomas hart( 2hrs driving to and 4hrs round).

I've been in modesto and will be in there for alot of fridays to come and would like to play.

any player want to play on friday care for an extra player. "Dress like professional but play like>>CRAP."

oh, just to let the BF'ers know, if anyone of BR'ers happen to be near Fresno, we have open gym for badminton on sunday from, 6pm-9.30pm at CSU, Fresno in the south gym. Lots of people with all kinds of level, 6 courts, winner stay, and 3sets.

14. monto

monto Regular Member

Referring to my post above, I'm not sure if Pleasanton's gone city residents only (that is, non-residents not allowed), but I still subscribe to their weekly gym hours updates:

Wednesday from 7:00 to 10:30 pm
    Friday from 7:30 to 10:30 pm
    Saturday from 7:00 to 11:00 pm
    Sunday from 6:00 to 10:00 pm

Seeing how you're driving up from Fresno, you might want to check out Bintang (about 20-30mins drive closer than Pleasanton). Many posts about the place, including pictures, read around

15. cvanbui

cvanbui Regular Member

student
    school is almost over, for me.

monto, it's closer for me to drive from fresno to pleasanton, just 2hrs, beside my older brother lives in modesto therefore more feasible.

monto, do you have the schedule for thomas hart for their summer session?

i play their a few times on saturday, and once on friday people seems nice now that they know i drove over 2 hrs, but before that, man it sucks.

monto when do you play at pleasanton?

16. monto

monto Regular Member

I go occasionally on the weekend or Wednesday, depending on how lazy I'm feeling to drive the 20mins ;)

17. Draculans

Draculans Regular Member

i'll be there today, leaving in about an hour

18. cvanbui

cvanbui Regular Member

student
    Went their last saturday(5/22/04) it was great, the people are "still" friendly and the playing hours long. The atmosphere was fine although some people got mad at me for leaving the door open when i went to get a drink and let in a draft, sorry, it was my bad.

It was great to be playing again after a absence of mind for badminton, and afterward i was in pain, but anway, anybody wanna play this saturday?

19. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    From the perspective of a badminton fanatic (ahem), the walk from the station takes about 30-35mins ;) but a 2hr drive :eek:

20. cvanbui

cvanbui Regular Member

student
    thomas hart gym schedule

i was wondering if anybody has thomas hart gym schedule for the summer, or their mailing list in pleasanton.

i am want to play more over the summer and thomas hart is the nearest to me. thanks