My FootWork

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by amirseif, Apr 25, 2009.

1. amirseif

amirseif Regular Member

IT
    Hi,

I have a problem in my footwork and thats it:

as i start to practice any type of footwork in the court(without the shuttle) i do it perfectly with no fault in my paces, but when it comes to the game and when the oponent hit the shuttle, i reach it with an incorrect footwork(extra paces for frontcourt shots and not enough paces for backcourt shots) is there any special practice for me to import my footwork from training to the game?

2. keith.roche

keith.roche Regular Member

Try not to concentrate too much ON the shuttle cock. Instead, concentrate on covering the court the way you were taught to. You will notice that your game will get slowed for about a week. But then its for your good. Later on, it'll just be second nature. You wont have to put in much effort on the footwork. It'll come automatically ( PROVIDED that you learned the correct way in the first place )

And as for now, try not to concentrate about where to hit the shuttle and all. Improve the footwork. Concentrate on the foot.

3. azn32boi

azn32boi Regular Member

Concentrate on your footing. Usually its your racquet foot that leads, unless told otherwise (When my coaches say lead, I'm pretty sure they meant my racquet foot takes the last step).

Usually its small step, big step consecutively. A split step, then big step, small step with non racquet foot, then another big step to finish. Sometimes this doesn't always happen, which is okay.

These are mainly what I do. Of course I don't obey these rules strictly, or else I'd lose some points by being stubborn. However, these are the basics of my footwork and are used most of the time. Just remember that the racquet foot is the last foot to step.

#3 azn32boi, Apr 25, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2009
  4. dex

dex Regular Member

Student

Try to do a search "badminton footwork" at www.video.google.com There are tons of video training! Hope it helps!

5. keith.roche

keith.roche Regular Member

And azn32boi says, "footwork" if followed perfectly , can make DRAMATIC changes to your game. And you like you hit the shuttle, you must be consistent in your footwork. Specially to the nets and rear corners from the centre of the court.

6. bradmyster

bradmyster Regular Member

Customer server network Support
    practicing footwork is done many more ways then simply training without the shuttle.
    You need to run drills as well as concentration matches/social matches in order to train your footwork into your mind. That way it becomes second nature and you don't have to think about it.

Concentration matches work really well. Whether it be singles or doubles have your coach or someone who has more experience and can offer some advice standing by watching on. When your playing concentrate really hard on correct footwork and if you make mistakes your mentor/coach will be there to let you know and you can slow it down and correct it for the next point.

If you just dry run footwork without any extra training unfortunately you can be stuck in different situations. As you have mentioned.

keep training hard mate ;)