Racket For A Hard Hitting 15year Old

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by blacfist, Apr 25, 2009.

1. blacfist

blacfist Regular Member

admin
    Hello 2 all,

my son currently uses a carlton airblade blade tour, which was actually his first 'decent' racket. he loves this racket to bits, but as he's not the gentlelest of plalyers its beginning to look its age. i bought him an APACS racket which was a clone of the AT800 defensive, he also borrowed a genuine AT800. he really liked both of those, but the apacs broke. i recently bought him a karakal sl-75 which he liked (eventually) but still MUCH prefers the carlton, APACS and yonex. now, ive told him im not going to spend £100 GBP on a racket so we have find something that he likes and that allows him to play his regular 'powerblaster' style.

ive seen a few nice rackets lately for under £40-£50 which is his limit: NS800, KASON TSF200, a used yonex ti-5, a new yonex iso96 VF and ive just today spotted an AT500 on ebay which i expect my go for about £50.

any1 got any ideas if those would fit his needs or any other suggestions. i really dont want to keep buying rackets that he ends up not liking or will mean he has to change his game. he's a strong powerful player and loves to smash almost every shot and while that type of play doesnt win every game, it does scare a few people and he's built up quite a reputation locally (which he'd like to keep) for being a terrifying player!!! :eek:

thanks for your ideas and assistance

regards
    bf

2. blacfist

blacfist Regular Member

admin
    hello again

in addition to the rackets i've previously mentioned, i have also seen the following & they are all well within our price range:

used MP55
    used MP30n
    new carbonex 20 tour
    new MP44

ideally id like to have all these rackets on hand for my boy to try and he could just the one he likes most, but that's clearly not gonna happen!!!

cheers

3. Sasho

Sasho Regular Member

Try SOTX from here... Free delivery in UK. Good rackets (around 50 GBP) are: Woven 4L, 2i, 7...:)

There is plenty of info about these rackets in the forum...

4. jymbalaya

jymbalaya Regular Member

agreed on the SOTX. The TSF 200 is a great option. Its a great racket, and i find good bang for the buck. If you can, Think about the TSF 300 A, another good racket.

You could also look at the new apacs, shouldn't be more than 50 pounds. the APACS Nano 900 Power R/W is a good option.

5. Swingbadabada

Swingbadabada Regular Member

Student
    I would go for the Woven 7 if he's a hard hitter.

6. Jing09

Jing09 Regular Member

Student
    Kason rackets are pretty good quality rackets for it's price. I have had my Kason clashed with a friend's racket. His racket ended up breaking, while there was only a scratch and a chip on mine :] so the TSF might be a good choice.

7. TIMO1

TIMO1 Regular Member

get him a woven 7. no regrets. its the ultimate power house. haha.

8. blacfist

blacfist Regular Member

admin
    hello 2 all

sotx woven seems 2 be the choice of the masses, but i managed to get a REALLY good deal on a 'once used' kason tsf200 - only £30 and it came with 12 brand new shuttles plus an 8 racket bag!

if the worse comes to the worst, ill sell the racket back on ebay and give the woven 7 a try..........dink-a-lots review says that its definately the racket for a smasher but that defensive play suffers, i guess due to its head heaviness causing a lack of manuvability.

once the kason turns up and we give it try, ill post a review and let u guys know how it went

many thanks again for your ideas and suggestion

kind regards
    bf

9. TIMO1

TIMO1 Regular Member

nah i find defense play alright but maybe since your son 15, let him try the lower end rackets before upgrading to a better one when his skill improves. after all its the player that controls the game, the racket is is merely a tool... doesn't have to be flash, but a decent standard should do.