Is the dot or arrow on the top of Yonex rackets exactly at the centre of head?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by jckuo, Apr 25, 2009.

1. jckuo

jckuo Regular Member

Businessman
    Yesterday, one gentleman came to buy Nanospeed 9900 and mentioned to me that his friend asked him to check whether the dot between Isometric and Slim Head (ie ISOMETRIC . SLIM HEAD) is at the centre. Unfortunately, it is not. The “dot” is a little bit right on both sides of the head.

I therefore checked some of our Yonex rackets and found –

Nanospeed 9000 – ISOMETRIC v SLIM HEAD - “Arrow” on both sides is a little bit left,
    Arc Saber 10 – ISOMETRIC . SLIM HEAD - “Dot” on both sides is a little bit left,
    Arc Saber 9 – ISOMETRIC . SLIM HEAD - “Dot” on both sides is a little bit left,
    Armortec 900 Power – ARMO v RTEC - “Arrow” on both sides is a little bit Right,
    Armortec 900 Tecchnique – ARMO v RTEC - “Arrow” on both sides is almost at the centre,
    Muscle Power 15 – ISOMETRIC . HEAD SHAPE – “Dot” on one side is a little bit right, but on another side is a little bit left.

My conclusion is that the dot or arrow is used to guide you the positions of the central two main strings so that re-stringing would be easier. They do not need to be exact centre.

Has anyone ever checked this?

2. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

Yes, you are right.

3. Athelete1234

Athelete1234 Regular Member

Student
    Yep, its just placed between the middle two grommets.

4. bluecraze07

bluecraze07 Regular Member

I wished that every badminton company did this. It saves me time to find the exact middle before tensioning.

5. Willi@m

Willi@m Regular Member

Blow Blow Water
    Make yourself a dot/line with marker pen, it doesnt hurt the racket though..........

6. locwan

locwan Regular Member

Armortec 900 Technique

I just checked on my new a900t and found the arrow right at the centre as well.

While checking this, I noticed something.. the vertical strings when looking at the top of the racket seems uneven.. in fact they look like they are in pairs, with a slightly larger gap between these "pairs".

So that it looks like this "II II II II II"
    (I've exaggerated the larger gaps so that it's easier to understand what I meant)

Is this just with my racket? I'm a bit worried now..

7. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

no, you are not dreaming. that is how the grommet holes were placed. i know there is a reason for the newer iso racquets. i just don't know why.

8. locwan

locwan Regular Member

ic! it's comforting to know that it's not a defect, and it was designed this way with the new rackets..

However, I just did a quick search and couldn't find any info on this.. I really want to know what the purpose/benefit is for placing the grommets like this..