Playing against a cheater affects your singles game?

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Azianhero, Apr 25, 2009.

1. Azianhero

Azianhero Regular Member

Hey world, I just recently played a tourny at my skool and first round i had to play this guy that i beat in divisionals. So as we played, i was doing very well first game and i was leading 10-5. All the sudden he caught up to me and we ended up at 15-13. He makes a arguement with me saying it was 15-15. I was like "no way, thats impossible im shouting out the score and its 15-13." Later i had to go get an offical to judge my game and we started off at 15-13. So i was leading up 18-17 and later he tells me "no its 18-20." So i went furious like this :mad: and said "you gotta be effing kidding me" and the judge also argued with the player. So later i lost that set and my temper raged. I tried my best to cool down when i had a break and drank some water and continue on with the second set. So i lost the second set 21-17 and the highschool badminton chairman had a chat with me and this poor sportmanship player. So i told her the story about my game and when it was the player's turn to talk, he said a whole bunch of lies. He said "i was confused" in between the game. So i furiously stood up and told him that hes a liar, theres no way u were confused if u were making a huge argument with me and the judge, he was not calling the score out and he didn't even pick up his shuttle after he lost a rally. So both coaches come in and had to talk with us. The other player's coach was absent during my game and she started talking like she knew everything. She refered me as a stubborn player and his player doesn't cheat. I completely flipped out on her :mad::mad::mad: telling her that she wasn't there to even witness my game. Just because hes the coach's player doesn't mean u can favor him and say "oh hes a honest player." This made me so angry for a whole week and i got 5 coaches telling the chairman that it wasnt fair for me. One of the coaches know his background and he was known for cheatingi So now i finally let it go. So i thought it would be something i like to share around this forum. Now i wanna know how to deal with people like him and what i should do next time. I was totally not expecting him to cheat.

2. keith.roche

keith.roche Regular Member

When someone doesnt pick up the shuttle and send back to you after a rally, dont pick it up yourself. Tell them its a foul to cross the net and pick the shuttle. And WHENEVER THERE IS A BIG MATCH GOING ON, have at least 4 line mans and an umpire. Cant imagine an official game without these.

3. Azianhero

Azianhero Regular Member

The stupid thing about my high school tournaments is that we don't have any officials or linesman. I only got one judge that had to do the score and lines after the player made a huge fuss about the score. Iunno if this was a strategy but it was a terrible one. I've beaten this guy before but he cheats like no tomorrow. He cheats against every player and im happy that he didn't make it to provincals.

4. jymbalaya

jymbalaya Regular Member

well, the way you put it, he has a big attitude. My advice is to let it play out. Eventually, he will lose credit, and more coaches and players will be wary of him. If you can, call line judges and a score judge. they should make the calls, not the player.

Keith is right. Its quite the courtesy to give the shuttle to your opponent. Badminton is a game filled with etiquette. his lack of participation is quite horrible, and should result in a penalty or forfeit.

Also, it seems like he was screaming at the scoring judge. that, to me and the league i play in, is an absolute NO. it is explicitly stated to us that and commotion such as arguments will result in an automatic forfeit.

Lastly, in a future situation, try to keep your cool. seeing as most knew of the injustice, they probably viewed you in a better light. If you keep you temper under control, you look saintly. Plus, if you know you can beat the player, and the player cheated, you should be able to walk with your head held high.

5. atingd

atingd Regular Member

Just beat him up, you can use an old racket and smack it across his head.

Use an old racket cos you might break it.

6. keith.roche

LOL !

That'd be fun ! :p

7. atingd

atingd Regular Member

Wow back when I was in highschool in doha college I found it so hard to find good players in qatar. Do you play at the badminton courts where doha college is? or are they more courts now?

To the OP, well he wouldn't go far by cheating, stick to your game and better luck next time!

8. keith.roche

Actually badminton is still DULL here as far as courts go. QBC (near doha college) still has only 2 courts and dull lighting. Al Arabi Sports club has got good courts and they have been hosting Qatar Open. Theres one coming up next month, for Juniors.
    And there have been rumors that they're gonna start a federation here for badminton. Hope for the best ! :D

9. Yrjobady

Yrjobady New Member

yeah cheaters always get me frustrated... i versed this one person that even when the shuttle lands a foot away from the line, he thinks it's in....

10. keith.roche

And then there are people who calls out even when the shuttle is in Air and lands a feet inside. :p lol
    They think that if they cant reach it, its out !

11. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

wow, that guy is surely a cheater based on your description?:rolleyes:

12. Azianhero

Azianhero Regular Member

no i play badminton in Canada

13. Azianhero

Azianhero Regular Member

yes he was the first cheater i've ever played that made me so mad in my whole life. The last time i was mad at a badminton game was when i was making errors. But thats normal and when it comes to cheating, i don't tolerate it.

14. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

next time just throw your racket to your opponent. just like ld did it in KO i think..:D
    lol..joking.

15. Azianhero

Azianhero Regular Member

haha if that was a option i would've done it a long time ago but since its not an option, that would make me the dbag on the court and DQ myself

16. aznharold

aznharold Regular Member

wow i know how you feel
    i was playing singles in cwossa in ontario
    when in the semi-finals i played this guy who
    would keep adding points for himself every 2 or 3 points and
    i ending up losing, and not making it to ofssa it
    really made me mad!

17. krisss

krisss Regular Member

If he doesn't pick a shuttle up after loosing the rally - just walk away.

I was playing a match today , and the person got angry and launched the shuttle at the net - and wanted me to pick it up.

I just walked away , to the back fo my court and gave him my evil eyes :D until he eventually picked it up;)

18. georgecamilleri

georgecamilleri Regular Member

Software/Database developer
    Last time this happened to me was in a singles match in the national league. I smashed a shuttle near the side line and my opponent called it out. We don't use umpires/line-judges, as we know all our opponents quite well and we're expected to use fair play.

Well, when this happened I let it go, almost forcing myself to keep cool about it. A few rallies later, one of his shuttles landed just on the outside of the back line, just touching it. I just scooped up the shuttles, smiled at my opponent and called it out, looking at him in the eye.

He didn't have the nerve to question me, and didn't repeat his cheating. And I won the game :).

19. Athelete1234

Athelete1234 Regular Member

Student
    Call out the score loudly every single point, and get somebody to moderate, and then start the head hunting. You have to wear goggles, so feel free to deliver more and more smashes to the face...

20. Deathsticks

Deathsticks Regular Member

Call a umpire and posiible a line judge
    make sure the umpire keeps the score to
    In my matchs against other schools we always have score boards and the umpires flips the score for us

#20 Deathsticks, Apr 26, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2009