User Tag List

Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thailand's young women's singles team seems to have a great future with the likes of:

Ratchanok I. (5/2/1995) (1.65/5'4") (55/121lbs)
    AG Team Finals lost to Wang Xin 22-20, 17-21, 14-21

Taerattanachai S. (18/4/1992) (1.67/5'5") (55/121)
    AG Team Finals lost to Jiang Yanjiao 15-21, 10-21.
    Was Inaugural YOG WS champion.

Buranaprasertsuk P. (24/10/1991) (1.67/5'5") (61/134)
    AG Team QF bt Goto Ai (JPN) 21-19, 16-21, 21-10
    AG Team SF bt Kusumastuti M.F (INA) 21-12, 21-15
    AG WS R16 lost to Wang Shixian 21-19, 9-21, 12-21

Key (DOB) (Height) (Weight)

And both Thailand's Women and Men's Teams have achieved success at the recent Guangzhou Asian Games as reported in Bangkok Post:
    http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/loca...to-medal-glory

GUANGZHOU : Thailand's badminton players put aside a simmering row with their sport's leaders and worked towards the common goal of winning medals for the country at the Asian Games yesterday.

The Thai women's badminton team took silver after losing to China 3-0 in the final of the team event yesterday, while their male compatriots took bronze a day earlier in the men's team event.

While the two squads failed to win gold, their achievements are a huge success for Thai badminton.

The women's team reached the final for the first time in 44 years, while the men knocked out Malaysia, (Boonsak bt LCW 9-21, 21-10, 21-19 in Team event) featuring world number one Lee Chong Wei, in the quarter-finals.

The shuttlers achieved the feat after burying the hatchetwith Thailand's badminton bosses over sponsorship and financial issues.

Several national team players, led by siblings Boonsak and Salakjit Ponsana, were in conflict with Charoen Wattanasin, president of the Badmintion Association of Thailand, earlier this year which had cast a pall over Thailand's preparations.

Coach Somphol Kukasemkit gave credit to Khunying Patthama Leesawattrakul, who was appointed team manager just before the Asiad, for helping to mend fences between the players and the association.

"She has played a vital role in our success," said Somphol.

And Ratchanok was in the Guangzhou AG team as reported in People's Daily Online:
    http://english.peopledaily.com.cn/90...5/7179837.html

"Another Thai badminton rising star is 15-year-old Ratchanok Inthanon. Ratchanok won the Badminton World Federation World Junior Championships two years in a row for women's singles and became the youngest-ever champion -- 14 years old last year -- at the world junior tournament last.

Participating in the Asian Games for the first time, Ratchanok said for now she was not 100 percent ready for the Games as her physical condition is not yet perfect -- She still carries some injuries, which, however, failed to weaken her confidence.

"If I can recover on time, I will try my best to win a gold medal."

The teenager rising star added that it would be her first time to China, so if she lost in the first several rounds, she would take the rest of her time in China to travel across the country. But she is seen to have a big chance to get to the final round."
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

.. and she took down Lu Lan today.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by weeyeh View Post
    it was last week my friend
    u lan lost to another talented youngster,tai tzu ying in straight set today
    cheers

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow 2010 Hong Kong Open SS: Ratchanok Inthanon defeated Ella Diehl (RUS) in Round of 32

Incorrect.

Today, Ratchanok Inthanon took down the World No.9 Ella Diehl (RUS) 21-23, 21-9, 21-17 in 65 minutes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    cheers
    Yup, you're quite right about Inthanon having strong wrists. Tai Tzu Ying too.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cant get it wrong as they impressed me so early
    haha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cheers
    Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    Incorrect.

Today, Ratchanok Inthanon took down the World No.9 Ella Diehl (RUS) 21-23, 21-9, 21-17 in 65 minutes.
    Aiyoh.. my mind somehow got trapped in a time warp. Thanks for the correction .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    Incorrect.

I watched this match...quite remarkable and love the "never die" spirit!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by phil-mm View Post
    Yup, you're quite right about Inthanon having strong wrists. Tai Tzu Ying too.
    Her cross-court smash, o..m..g.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aiyoh.. my mind somehow got trapped in a time warp. Thanks for the correction .
    one week delayed?

Quote Originally Posted by jhirata View Post
    u can know better of her in
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...7-tai-tzu-ying

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As of thursday 9th December 2010, I declare that Inthanon Ratchanok is officially my favourite player too .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jhirata View Post
    I think Inthanon is a complete player. She is powerful, has a repertoire of match-winning shots, her selection of shots is good, and she disguises her shots well. It is as if she decides what shot to play right at the last minute, just before hitting the shuttle. I suppose her opponent cannot read her body language if she herself does not know what she is going to do. So there is less time for her opponent to react. It probably helps that she has a strong wrist, so she is able to change a dropshot to a lob without needing much follow through. I'm surprised that she lost rather tamely to Wang Shixian today. Maybe it is a lack of confidence, or she may be taking things slowly. But she appeared to be sick. In my opinion, her court coverage isn't inferior to Wang Shixian, and she has got more power. Your avatar looks really familiar. You pretending to be someone ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

one week delayed?
    haha.. too many tournament software tabs open...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh yes, I forgot to mention that her aggression is very controlled. Hard-hitting, but still accurate. She doesn't swing wildly.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Inthanon is a complete player. She is powerful, has a repertoire of match-winning shots, her selection of shots is good, and she disguises her shots well. It is as if she decides what shot to play right at the last minute, just before hitting the shuttle. I suppose her opponent cannot read her body language if she herself does not know what she is going to do. So there is less time for her opponent to react. It probably helps that she has a strong wrist, so she is able to change a dropshot to a lob without needing much follow through. I'm surprised that she lost rather tamely to Wang Shixian today. Maybe it is a lack of confidence, or she may be taking things slowly. But she appeared to be sick. In my opinion, her court coverage isn't inferior to Wang Shixian, and she has got more power.
    ..Ratchanok is still raw & full of talent. But, imo, Ratchanok's current play is at least 1 level below WSX (or maybe even Saina) and really it's not a surprise considering her age and level of experience. It's a combo of things that is putting Ratchanok behind the ball and in this case, she seemed to lose tamely to WSX. As a comparison, it took Saina a couple or so yrs to finally able to challenge and beat a player the caliber of WSX.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up I think Inthanon is a complete player

I think Inthanon is a complete player. She is powerful, has a repertoire of match-winning shots, her selection of shots is good, and she disguises her shots well. It is as if she decides what shot to play right at the last minute, just before hitting the shuttle. I suppose her opponent cannot read her body language if she herself does not know what she is going to do. So there is less time for her opponent to react. It probably helps that she has a strong wrist, so she is able to change a dropshot to a lob without needing much follow through. I'm surprised that she lost rather tamely to Wang Shixian today. Maybe it is a lack of confidence, or she may be taking things slowly. But she appeared to be sick. In my opinion, her court coverage isn't inferior to Wang Shixian, and she has got more power. Your avatar looks really familiar. You pretending to be someone ?
    I agree that Inthanon is a complete player. Right now, it's only her lack of experience in participating in SS tournaments that she needs to acquire.

I should think that we will be finding RI doing much better next year, in 2011.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thai Girls are doing better than the Malaysian Girls... TomYam must be very good.

Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast