how do you smash with armortec 900 tech

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by gamepurpose, Apr 27, 2009.

1. gamepurpose

gamepurpose Regular Member

unemployeed
    how you smash by wrist only?
    or
    combination wrist and shoulder?

I just bought the racket, everything good but the smash just doesn't feel enough power like armortec 700. Well it is an obvious I guess. One is well balanced and one is heavy head for more power.
    I haven't try the combination with wrist and shoulder because dont really have time, haven't able really played any real game with the racket, or even hit around.
    leave comment thank you

2. chewablemorphin

chewablemorphin Regular Member

Lifeguard, and a little bit of autobody
    I think smashing with any racket is the same movement, you probably have crappy strings, you also might want to consider the width of the grip.

3. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    I think you should just ask someone you know is a good player and observe how you smash and make correction from there, if necessary. It's hard to explain on paper how you should smash because it involves with some other pre-requisite techniques like racket holding, feet positioning, point of contact, ... to generate an efficient smash. Zhoa Jianhua has a training video which I think is very good that you may want to take a look.

4. bradmyster

bradmyster Regular Member

Customer server network Support
    has nothing to do with the racket.
    the only difference the racket will make is a difference in speed or power. Some stiffer rackets or heavyer rackets can give you more power whilst lighter weight rackets may not.

All in all you need a combination of shoulder arm and wrist movement as well as body rotation to get an effective smash going. All about slowly going through each step until your timing is perfect.

But remember ~ Angle and accuracy is more important than roar power.

5. Athelete1234

Athelete1234 Regular Member

Student
    Since the racquet is much faster you should focus on stick smashes and half smashes before adding shoulder /upper arm strength so you get the timing right.

6. RacketlonCanada

RacketlonCanada Regular Member

Racketlon.ca webmaster
    I have Armortec 900 technique!

It's a great racket because I feel it's really light yet a little head heavy. If you want to produce more power use more weight transfer! Also consider switching racket to a lighter one...

7. gamepurpose

unemployeed
    First, state me if i'm wrong whoever own armortec 900 TECH
    I do disagree with RACKETLON. Because I can't even feel any weight at the head of racket. I'm not saying the racquet is light headed, but it is well balanced. Especially, when I put my grip on the racquet, i dont even feel my head is there. It gives me the feel like it is so close that the racquet consider as light headed.

And here to other comment, so are guys saying that I should do the same movement how i smash with my old armotec 700?
    Which mean strength, movement, and contact point. I meant everything the same it just that different racquet is in my hand?

Well again I haven't able to try out the racquet yet, I was just hit around (I never smash when playing mix, and lately I only able to play mix game so yes) Well for my previous racket armortec 700. I had pretty good smash, my friend had to admin it too. So am I going to get the smash result?
    if i use the same technique with 900 TEch?
    same speed, same power?
    And yea I already trained my smash to the point where i want it to be, side line double, short angle. Just incase some people want to say I practice with accurate more than power. I already got my accurate, just want to work on my full power smash.
    Please leave comment on smash with 900 tech, And if you guys know where that show smashing with 2 types of racquet, please leave the link
    thank you

8. chewablemorphin

There isn't a magic technique that has to be used with a certain racket in order to smash, if that's what you're asking.

9. RacketlonCanada

Racketlon.ca webmaster
    My bad, Ive said switch to a lighter when what I really wanted to say was head-heavy racket.

Chewable, if you want my advice while the movement should always be the same be sure that players will hit differently (unconsciously) depending if they're playing with a Black Knight and an Muscle Power 100!

10. chewablemorphin

I do like the mp 100, but ti5 light was my all time fav.

11. bradmyster

bradmyster Regular Member

Customer server network Support
    you do not need to change the way you hit a shot when you change a racket. If you have a correct technique you will be getting as much power as possible. If you get a heavier head racket you will increase your power a bit. Lighter head racket and ofcourse you will lose some power. But you dont change any technique.

If you dont have the correct technique then learn it and apply it and over time your smashes will get stronger.

12. RacketlonCanada

Racketlon.ca webmaster
    true. :cool:

but unconsciously you will hit differently...try to play with a squash racquet in badminton. ;)

13. gamepurpose

unemployeed
    well i'll try it out, but gotta wait until my knees feel better. All sudden today was sitting down and stood up, NO SOUND, but like wow my right knee couldn't support my body. Almost fell on the ground. =(

14. chewablemorphin

Maybe the timming would be different, i can't think of anything else that would be different.

15. Athelete1234

Athelete1234 Regular Member

Student
    Umm...squash racquet is much heavier than an AT700...longer, thicker frame so even slower. It's NOT like playing with a squash racquet...the AT900T is such that it only benefits you if you have good technique and if you dont' it's as tough to use as a very headlight racquet.