Fake Apacs Visible Hollow 1800?

Discussion in 'Identify Fake Racket (Price/Source/Serial/Photos a' started by casperz, Apr 27, 2009.

1. casperz

casperz New Member

I just bought a Visible Hollow 1800 for $105 SGD from a small backalley shop one the 2nd floor of queensway shopping centre in Singapore..

After i bought it, I discovered that the racquet does not comes with a hologram sticker like my friend's APACS racquet (of different model) on the cone. There is also no serial number embossed on either the cone or the shaft of the racquet. Is this normal?

This racquet is also supposedly rather stiff as mentioned by reviews in this forum, however i tried bending the racquet and found that it flexes extensively, especially between the cone and the shaft.

When I was about to make payment, the Indian shop owner further informed me that their NETs machine was faulty, and requested I pay cash. After i paid them, no receipt was given.

The shop owner then gave me an APACs bag (the big type) but it looked rather old. Upon reaching home i also discovered that there are several crack lines at the head of the racquet where the string enters.

Did i buy a fake racquet? Please advice!!!

#1 casperz, Apr 27, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2009
  2. Emmanuel-Phua

Emmanuel-Phua Regular Member

Student
    some apacs racquets do not have a hologram sticker

3. NoName1225

NoName1225 Regular Member

Identify Fake Racket If you have a suspicion that your racket is fake, post photos and all available purchase info here for others to identify

4. trickflick

trickflick Regular Member

HS
    lesson to be learned?
    don't buy manufactured goods from "small backalley shops"
    there's a clone for everything and since it is a clone for a cheaper racquet, quality would be lacking even more..

clone or not, any racquet with cracks is bad so...

5. Gemcat

Gemcat Regular Member

Airport Employee
    Why do you buy racquets from small backalley shops? Always buy from reputable, racquet sports only, and authorized dealers.

6. NanoBlack

NanoBlack Regular Member

Student
    yeah its 100% fake...visible hollows are not flexible at all!! they can bend a little but urs bends too much.Selling fake goods is against the law in singapore...u should call the police...