User Tag List

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default hi-qua vs sotx vs victor

Hi, i've recently gotten into playing with feathers (provided by my friends) and was looking into buying 10 tubes but i have a limited budget. I saw a deal of $12 a tube for sotx bb-201 and $12.5 for hi-qua green. I was wondering if those are ok for regular play (non tournament). I've also played with victor tourney no.1 and the gold tube but i'm not sure how these compare to the sotx 201 and hi-qua green. If anyone could give me some feedback on these shuttles that would be great.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bobbinbette View Post
    Hi, i've recently gotten into playing with feathers (provided by my friends) and was looking into buying 10 tubes but i have a limited budget. I saw a deal of $12 a tube for sotx bb-201 and $12.5 for hi-qua green. I was wondering if those are ok for regular play (non tournament). I've also played with victor tourney no.1 and the gold tube but i'm not sure how these compare to the sotx 201 and hi-qua green. If anyone could give me some feedback on these shuttles that would be great.
    They are certainly good for regular play, but don't expect they will last as long as Victor tourney #1 or Gold.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Based on my own experience, I will not touch any HQ, besides Red and Blue. Tried SOTX BB201 once, not bad for the flight, but durability is a bit lower than I expected (still acceptable, though).

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use to use HQ blue a couple year back. After the bird flu scare, I stop using HQ because the quality decrease a lot and price increase does not justify the quality of the shuttle. After I hear HQ blue has a version of duck feather and you can not really tell. I just stay away from it.
    Yes, I agree with LB and I would even say stay away from blue too.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

alright, thanks guys. I guess i'll stay away from Hi-Qua. I was browsing the racketsupply site just a moment ago. What do you think about the Kason cub 7? (i'll only be using as recreational play/traning, tournaments i'll use victor champion). Also, what's the difference between the victor tournamey and champion series of shuttlecocks?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My club uses BB201 we find thats if the tubes are stored correctly the shuttles dont last long but when stored correctly or steamed the shuttles last fine in the less powerful games of mixed the shuttle quite often last 3 games, Though in the mens its usually 1 a game.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If i were to choose out of these 3 brands, i will choose sotx , cause its more stiff

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

alright thanks a lot you guys. how does the stox 201 compare to similar victor or kason shuttlecocks?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrerkiko View Post
    If i were to choose out of these 3 brands, i will choose sotx , cause its more stiff
    Err.. stiff? Why is that good in shuttles?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Victor #1 is a bit of a Russian Roulette nowadays. I had 1 tube in late 2008 that was complete junk -- inconsistent flight and worse durability. I tried 1 shuttle in around the same time from a friend's tube that lasted the entire game.

I had a game with them again the past tuesday. One feather on the first shuttle completely broke off after the 3rd rally totally killing the flight. The 2nd shuttle barely lasted us the game and that's one of the best victors from the same tube.

I will rate these shuttles to last almost 2/3 game on average. There is a lot of variation even in the same tube.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh ok. i played with victor tourney 1 a few days ago. it was good, never lasted more than one game of aggressive powerplay though. i was wondering how the kason club 7 sounds since i'm mostly going to be using it for recreational games and training.