New Grommet System Problem

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by salat, Apr 28, 2009.

1. salat

salat New Member

Hello,
    I'm experiencing some really annoying problem everytime I string the yang yang racket of a friend. It's a yang yang nano sensation 60 and uses the new grommet system. But I don't think it makes stringing easier at all, since the strings of the mains are right on top of the grommet for the cross line at 2 o'clock and I always have to push it aside, which is really difficult with around 24 lbs and around 1 cm string and then to get the cross string through the grommet.
    I have to admit I already strung a yonex racket, also with the new grommet system, where this problem didn't occur, it miraculously just went through.
    Is it yang yang's fault or is there a knack or can you give me a tip?
    thx

2. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

1) Actually YY has better design. If you look, the single pass grommets do not line up. That is why you can get the string through with min effort.
    2) Do a search on dental floss. I posted some picture on how to move the string with a piece of dental floss.

3. salat

salat New Member

you're right, they don't completely line up. but the grommet in the center, the one that's hidden has a notch where the string slips right into and there's no way to get it out.

4. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

5. salat

salat New Member

thx, i'll try. I guess that's the best way to do it, just have to have luck.

6. salat

salat New Member

thx very much silentheart, it works pretty way the way you showed it on those pictures.

thx for your answers