Any difference in BG80 packaging?

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by Reliez, Apr 28, 2009.

1. Reliez

Reliez Regular Member

Hello there, I've used the this forum countless times to search for much needed information in the past to help me out with my badminton needs, haha.
    Well, me and a few of my teammates are chipping in money to buy a 10 pack of BG80 strings. However, while searching for them on ebay, I came across to different vendors with bg80's but with different packaging. So I was wondering if there any differences between these two strings, even though they are both BG80?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=280334098242

and

http://cgi.ebay.com/10-PACKS-OF-YON...hash=item130291865935&_trksid=p3286.m63.l1177

Thank you for your patience and time. :)

2. wasabi323

wasabi323 New Member

I don't really know anything about the packages but, the seller in your first link is probably selling fakes, because I'm pretty sure BG-80s don't come in black (someone correct me if I'm wrong:p) and also if you check the prices of their racquets you have top high end yonex rackets for around 50$ :eek:

3. tony531

tony531 Regular Member

that is right, BG-80's do not come in black.

4. stix_55

stix_55 Regular Member

5. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

1) Trust me, first seller is selling fake string. The small detail on the back of the bag is screaming fake.
    2) The truth is, if Reliez live in Cali, he can find some other seller on ebay who sell from US that sells real Yonex BG80 string at fair price. Second seller looks real, just too expensive after s/h charge.

6. yeeah

yeeah Regular Member

I'd stay away from CH tagged BG-80. I bought a pack of 10 fake ones. They measured in at 0.79mm and the other ones I got measured in at 0.71mm. I got both from Ebay. The real ones I got were tagged SP.

Don't buy from makeiteasy2008. He insisted they were genuine. Whatever.

7. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    There is nothing wrong with CH coded strings assuming it is purchased from a Yonex Authorized Dealer or reliable source.

For Ebay, well don't be suprized because most of the Yonex products being sold there is counterfeit. Not to mention almost 90+% of the time anime DVDs auction there is also counterfeit!