How would you go about washing your grip?

Discussion in 'Grip' started by AznAndrew, Apr 29, 2009.

1. AznAndrew

AznAndrew Regular Member

I have a synthetic grip, that is yellow and black. I've had it on for about...two weeks now and it looks noticeably dirty.

I was thinking maybe rubbing alcohol? It would kill the germs and maybe clean it.

What are your thoughts?

2. bradmyster

bradmyster Regular Member

Customer server network Support
    dont use alcohol lol.
    Just use warm water. And dont use too much because synthetic takes a hell of a long time to dry. Dampen a cloth with warm water and rub until your satisfied its clean. Then find some way to effectively dry it. Such as a hair dryer or something.

NOTE : DO NOT USE SOAP OR DETERGENT OF ANY TYPE. IT IS AMAZINGLY HARD TO GET OUT AND IF YOU DO NOT GET EVERY DROP OF IT OUT YOUR GRIP WILL REMAIN GREASY UNTIL YOU REPLACE IT.

3. DonnyGan

DonnyGan Regular Member

Logistics
    actually it's quite pointless to clean them. Put on some overgrip that's thin & tacky, change them once they are dirty or worn whenever you like it. ;)

4. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    "Dry Clean Only"

5. phamd124

phamd124 Regular Member

Student
    If you spend money on "Dry Cleaning," you might as well just get another new grip for 2$! :p

6. Gemcat

Gemcat Regular Member

Airport Employee
    Just take them off and use a wet towel and wipe it in one go. Don't dry it under the sun, just leave it hanging somewhere dry.

7. xXazn_romeoXx

xXazn_romeoXx Regular Member

North American Technical Director for Oliver Sport
    ya i think washing your grip is pretty pointless...you could just replace it with a new one...or better yet...if you're strapped for cash...my friend does this, it's kinda disgusting...so she has white grip on her arc9...

when the grip gets kinda black and brown, and dirty, she flips the grip to the part that touched the handle, and re-grips it, so it's on a "cleaner" white side...although the smell and the dirt is probably still all on it...just not that far onto the white side on the back (which is now the front). After using that until it's dirty, she rotates the grip 180, and re-grips it...the only way to make this clearer is that when you grip, there are parts of your grip that are on top of each other right? so the dirty parts are on top, and the "cleaner" parts are the parts that are gripped on top of each other...so when you rotate the grip 180, and regrip it, following the dirty lines...you can get another grip which is "cleaner" and white again...flip it over when it's dirty again, and you have another white grip....LOL....when i found out about this, i was pretty disgusted =="...

8. Sgbad

Sgbad Regular Member

bumming around
    This coming from a user of a high end racket? the arc saber9?:p She might want to consider using a cheaper racket, cleaner grips:D

9. xXazn_romeoXx

xXazn_romeoXx Regular Member

North American Technical Director for Oliver Sport
    LOL it's BECAUSE it's a high end racket that she uses it so much, and the grip gets dirtier and dirtier ><...i think i ought to get her more grips than touch her hand xD!:D:p;):rolleyes: