Some Advice?

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by Cookies, Apr 30, 2009.

1. Cookies

Cookies Regular Member

Okay, I've looked at a certain site that shows me how to "properly" hold my racket.

http://www.ehow.com/how_15832_grip-racket-badminton.html

Is it True?

Also, I heard that when I play badminton that I should THINK before I hit the ball.

Lastly, is there such thing as a "slice" drop? It's basically a drop that you slice for it to drop, if there is, is it worth learning?

2. bradmyster

bradmyster Regular Member

Customer server network Support
    there is an huge amount of threads about this topic mate. Use the search tool. There are guides and discussions everywhere.

In regards to your final comments... yes you should think before you hit the shuttle.....what kind of a statement is that lol
    The amount of thinking you do and exactly what you think about will come down to experience. But nonetheless you think about grip, where your going to hit it, how you are going to hit it, what your opponent is doing etc etc etc etc.

Slice drop is simple slicing the shuttle and doing a drop shot....not hard to comprehend. It mainly works well for crosscourt. Straight drops are best hit cleanly for a quicker and sharper decent. But crosscourt needs that angle change so slice works well.

Do some research before posting ;)

#2 bradmyster, Apr 30, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2009
  3. Cookies

Cookies Regular Member

Ehh, sorry. Just that my friends were pretty obnoxious about this. Won't happen again, >_>.

4. bradmyster

bradmyster Regular Member

Customer server network Support
    not a worry at all mate lol :) just offering you some advice :)