User Tag List

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Sainikpuri/AS Rao Nagar

Neo citizens club.Open to only members.Wooden court.Guests not allowed.Only one court available.Its way too crowded.Its near Neredmet Cross Roads opposite Dawat Restaurant.Lifetime membership is around 15,000rs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default SS Recreation & Health Club,Vivekananda Nagar Colony,Kukkatpally.

located abt 1 km from the main juntion.)
    Available for Rs 50 per hour,and also membership for Rs 600 per month,hourly basis.

contact person of the club.Srinivas Reddy (ph. 9394064187)

and also theres another Club there exclusively for the residents of Vivekanada Nagar Colony.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Madhura Nagar Club

Madhura Nagar Club near Ameerpet,memberships are exhausted....a huge waiting list,but can play as guests...35rs per hour provided no members are waiting on the sidelines(can be an irritant this clause).guests cannot play as long as members are around.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Gopichand Academy,Gachibowli

Hourly basis only.200/- rs per hour per court.morning to night open.Please check if national camps are being held or not,depending on this the timings change.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hyderabad Central University,Lingampally

6 courts in HCU. They are open from 6-8 in the morning and 4-7 in the evening.Contact university office for more details.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Bengalee Samiti,Indira Park

Court to be rented out on hourly basis.Opp Indira Park next to Ramakrishna Mission

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Wow, you have done a lot of work on this!
    This is very helpful for people looking to play in Hyderabad

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I learnt it the hard way Oldhandwhen i came into hyd it was a nightmare finding a place heheh..so doing my bit now and ironically i am again looking for a place to play lolol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey ranjit,

thats a lot of information pal, I appreciate the hard work behind it. good work keep up the job, even i got informed of new clubs, courts though I knew about them just by name and u furnished the same with more informative news. BTW, where are u from, as u have referred foraying into hyd. and when did u come? if so then it becomes my responsibility as a denizen of hyderabad to accommodate u somewhere or the other using my good contacts. seriously,I dont want u to leave the city with a gross feeling about the badminton fraternity, if ever such a situation arises.

so for the timebeing are u playing anywhere and where do u reside? infact as u mentioned RTA courts@khairtabad, even I used to play there(cement court) before it was closed down for laying of wooden courts and then graduated into the stadium. Infact let me add there is only a single wooden court available in the APTRANSCO, (diagonally opposite to RTA,hanuman mandir),for sometime I played there too. But its crowded too and one needs to go there at certain timings. Mostly its for the employees of the transco, but its ok for others too to visit and play, but u need to wait there which is the worst part and u dont know when they allow u. Its like a dog waiting for a bone, with a salivating tongue. no pun intended.

Occassionally I visit and play there with some old friends namely Mr. Sudhakar(intl referee- badminton, retired) as he visits us too once in a while.

cheers,
    sai
    Last edited by baddylover28; 07-08-2009 at 08:46 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is it true? that the bengalee samiti court rented on an hourly basis??? never knew that, infact I need to answer somebody who was looking to play on an hourly basis and what are the charges for an hours, for some who resides close to that place. Is the court still cemented or have they laid the wooden courts?? as I haven't visited the place in ages.

cheers,
    sai
    Last edited by baddylover28; 07-08-2009 at 08:51 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
    Hey Sai,thanx a lot for your offer but evenings just wouldnt work for meI am all too familiar with that "feeling of being offended" that the other members feel haha.Its all too common in any place in Hyderabad(i dont have anythng against the place,i love it,but cant say the same abt the people who play the game here).The oldies gang up and resist entry of any new comer(with no offence taken or given).i am yet to understand the logic behind playing with the same people day in day out

Its the same story @ all places in hyderabad(quite a drastic difference from the culture that exists in other cities) except @ Chiraan(which unfortunately closed) and the other place with some degree of sportsmanship is @ Gopic academy.its quite ironic that there are atleast a dozen different places with courts with procedures for membership etc,but in reality getting to play even in one is next to impossible.

I am looking for a place to play in the mornings as evenings just dont work for me..I was an eveninger @ Nizam but with the traffic and the distance etc,it just leaves me with no time for anything elseI was playing @ ICRISAT but they too have closed down now so am back to looking for a place to play.

anywys apart from my frustrations ,did you get to play @ the MCH Open @ Ameerpet last month?
    ranjit, on behalf of the badminton fraternity of hyd, i'm sorry for all the frustrating experiences getting entry. with the kind of zeal u've shown in garnering info. and the interest in getting entry in order to play the game has touched me. I feel responsible to get u an entry into some place or the other. btw whats ur level of game, not that I want to judge you nor one can measure it, but still some amount of idea can be formed. Where do u live/reside? r u willing to travel distance in the mornings, provided u get entry into some place? which cities have u played at?

no i havent played nor participated in the mch open@ameerpet. Did u get to play?

cheers,
    sai

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile

Hey Sai,thanx for offering to helpreally mean it.well i am from all over india i guess,been in hyd for the last 3years,4th year now.stay in defence colony,thats near sainikpuri.distance hasnt really deterred me \ hv been going as far as gopi's academy to play.level of game hmm well i would put myself as one of te better players,nopes never entered the professional circuit,been playing around in blore/kerala/dubai etc.i played @ nizams for quite some time,but the quality of the game there began to go down the drain and too much of hassles to get a game in,so moved on from there to icrisat,hv an excellent group of 5 ppl n been playing there till last month when th place closed down and am in search for a new place now.do let me know in case you come across some place.dont bother abt the distance,thts y i prefer th mornings getting across the city in the mornigns is a breeze

did not know abt the aptransco thing,but having heard abt the state of affairs there i dont want to go near it.yes rta has been converted into wooden now but the place is in shambles.

yea i did play in the mch open,got arnd till the semis,but then began to cramp up so jes cudnt do anything abt it.pretty crazy scheduling they had as well:P(lol no bad worksman is not blaming the tools haha)

anywys let me know in case u hear abt something,wud be more than glad to check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by baddylover28 View Post
    hey ranjit,

thats a lot of information pal, I appreciate the hard work behind it. good work keep up the job, even i got informed of new clubs, courts though I knew about them just by name and u furnished the same with more informative news. BTW, where are u from, as u have referred foraying into hyd. and when did u come? if so then it becomes my responsibility as a denizen of hyderabad to accommodate u somewhere or the other using my good contacts. seriously,I dont want u to leave the city with a gross feeling about the badminton fraternity, if ever such a situation arises.

so for the timebeing are u playing anywhere and where do u reside? infact as u mentioned RTA courts@khairtabad, even I used to play there(cement court) before it was closed down for laying of wooden courts and then graduated into the stadium. Infact let me add there is only a single wooden court available in the APTRANSCO, (diagonally opposite to RTA,hanuman mandir),for sometime I played there too. But its crowded too and one needs to go there at certain timings. Mostly its for the employees of the transco, but its ok for others too to visit and play, but u need to wait there which is the worst part and u dont know when they allow u. Its like a dog waiting for a bone, with a salivating tongue. no pun intended.

Occassionally I visit and play there with some old friends namely Mr. Sudhakar(intl referee- badminton, retired) as he visits us too once in a while.

cheers,
    sai

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile

yes they do have a court not sure if they let it out on hour/day basis,its hourly per month per court that i know of.last i heard of it,its around 1500 rs per court.i need to go and check it out some time this week.shal let you know in case i hear of something
    Quote Originally Posted by baddylover28 View Post
    is it true? that the bengalee samiti court rented on an hourly basis??? never knew that, infact I need to answer somebody who was looking to play on an hourly basis and what are the charges for an hours, for some who resides close to that place. Is the court still cemented or have they laid the wooden courts?? as I haven't visited the place in ages.

cheers,
    sai

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Sai,thanx for offering to helpreally mean it.well i am from all over india i guess,been in hyd for the last 3years,4th year now.stay in defence colony,thats near sainikpuri.distance hasnt really deterred me \ hv been going as far as gopi's academy to play.level of game hmm well i would put myself as one of te better players,nopes never entered the professional circuit,been playing around in blore/kerala/dubai etc.i played @ nizams for quite some time,but the quality of the game there began to go down the drain and too much of hassles to get a game in,so moved on from there to icrisat,hv an excellent group of 5 ppl n been playing there till last month when th place closed down and am in search for a new place now.do let me know in case you come across some place.dont bother abt the distance,thts y i prefer th mornings getting across the city in the mornigns is a breeze

did not know abt the aptransco thing,but having heard abt the state of affairs there i dont want to go near it.yes rta has been converted into wooden now but the place is in shambles.

yea i did play in the mch open,got arnd till the semis,but then began to cramp up so jes cudnt do anything abt it.pretty crazy scheduling they had as well:P(lol no bad worksman is not blaming the tools haha)

anywys let me know in case u hear abt something,wud be more than glad to check it out.
    nice to hear about ur domestic as well as international circuit exposures......:P. good to know that distance is not a deterrent. So what happened to the other 5 group members??? curiosity got the better of me, i guess. i'll keep my eyes and ears open in case I hear about nething. as u said distance is not an issue, i'll keep u posted with the developments hopefully by monday, as i'm gonna be busy for the next cpl of days with impending pending works.

cheers,
    sai

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ranjit,
    If you are from Defence Colony, there is one academy by name Trapez. They have got an Indoor Hard court but it is occupied in the mornings till 7:30 AM. Afterwards, it is pretty vacant. Evenings are vacant as well. You might contemplate playing there since the academy may not be more than 2 km away from Defence Colony.
    Regards,
    Rajesh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes they do have a court not sure if they let it out on hour/day basis,its hourly per month per court that i know of.last i heard of it,its around 1500 rs per court.i need to go and check it out some time this week.shal let you know in case i hear of something
    Hey mate any update, did you get a place to play? I am very highly desperate to start playing back again. If you have any info about a place where they accept new members please update.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Kakatiya Club Habsiguda

one wooden court available at Rs 100 Per Hour interested can contact on 040-27178829.

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast