Yonex Armortec 500 (Blue)

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by jrjrdinh, May 1, 2009.

1. jrjrdinh

jrjrdinh Regular Member

I recently have broken my Yonex Armortec 500 blue one, the previous one before the black one was made and was wondering whats a good racquet thats very similar to it.

I played with an ArcSaber 10 and it was totally different from the 500 and I was hitting out and my shots were going out.

I played with the Armortec 900 Power and I somewhat can play just fine with it. Still doesn't feel right.

When I play with the 500, I'm able to play very well, getting smashes in, hitting my shots into the court, and my clears don't go out.

Please help me, whats a racquet with a very similar feel to the old armortec 500. Thank you!

P.S. I know there's a black armortec 500 out as well but I heard it has a different feeling, do you think I can still play the same way even though its a newer version of the 500?

#1 jrjrdinh, May 1, 2009
    Last edited: May 1, 2009
  2. ZGwolf

ZGwolf Regular Member

I think you should go get an armortec 700 because the feeling should be somewhat similar but more stiff and slightly heavier feel to it.

3. Athelete1234

Athelete1234 Regular Member

Student
    AT700 is completely different, flexier and heavier too...the AT900s and MP99 will be different due to different shaft lengths, so the flex point will vary. I think the best thing to do is the get the white/black/grey coloured AT500, it plays the closest in my opinion.

4. Koinoniakw

Koinoniakw New Member

Sales Support Executive
    In term of HOLD & REPULSION AT500 is same as AT700. Both also In the middle of HOLD & REPULSION. Just only different is AT700 Head Heavier might give a different feel and effect.

Armortec 600 is quite close like AT500. But it is more toward HOLD and a bit lighter then Armortec 500.

Information above is Base on Badminton Racket Specification from Japan.

In opinion you might try out AT600 & 700 before you purchase.

5. Gemcat

Gemcat Regular Member

Airport Employee
    AT500, whether new style or old style, should have similar, if not the same, feeling. If you have tested the new AT500 and like it, then it's the racquet for you.

6. alex_fung1980

alex_fung1980 Regular Member

Nil
    For my experience, the new version of Yonex racket will not give the same feeling as the older version. I have tried the new color AT700, 2nd gen Ti-10 and new color Carbonex25, the feeling is totally different from the older verison. So I think you should tried it before you buy.

7. hyper_power111

hyper_power111 Regular Member

Yes, I do agree. I think it is impossible to make a racket with a different time period which can have the same attribute. At least the material for the shaft and frame will have a bit different. Even the same color version like Ti-10 1st gen., the rackets produced at different year will have a bit different. The example is production in 1999 and the production in 2005. They are totally different, I mean the feeling for holding the racket.