Are You a Badminton Fanatic?

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by London_Player, May 2, 2009.

1. London_Player

London_Player Regular Member

admin
    Do you just play the sport for fun and exercise and forget about it?

Or are you obsessed with the sport, almost always thinking of how to constantly improve and be among the best, if not the best, watch/learn from ‘advanced players’, dying to watch footage of latest ‘super series’ tournaments, can’t sleep as how you lost a match and surfing the net for info on latest Badminton gear from major manufactures, like Yonex?:rolleyes:

If you’re the later, like me, then join the club. For me, I don’t know what I would have done, if I hadn’t ‘discovered’ Badminton.

From the moment I started playing, I knew I had fallen ‘in love’ with the game:)

2. Cookies

Cookies Regular Member

Your pretty much summarizing who I am. I LOVE badminton. Although people think of it as a wussy sport, I don't really care. I strive to have fun and to become better in badminton.

3. markham player

markham player Regular Member

medical
    I think I'm in between.

4. Danstevens

Danstevens Regular Member

Student
    I'd go for the second option - obsessed. Someone who is a true badminton guru will know what Yonex are bringing out a long time in advance. These people will not need to search for info on Yonex products and will instead, seek out smaller brands such as Zelm.

Anyway, I admit to being obsessed with badminton but I don't want to cure my obsession/addiction.

5. krisss

krisss Regular Member

:D The obsession is sometimes bad :eek:. Missing homework to go and play badminton :D.

6. Danstevens

Danstevens Regular Member

Student
    I have never taken it that far but I have friends who have.

7. London_Player

London_Player Regular Member

admin
    With me, can't seem to ignore requests from friends to play with them, that might be 4/5 times a week! the Mrs has to wait for her shopping round, after I finish my badminton sessions.;)

Damn, I wish I had proper coaching when I was really young, I could have made it to the nationals:rolleyes:.

8. Sgbad

Sgbad Regular Member

bumming around
    I wish i can pitch a tent in my local sportshall/gym.:D

9. bradmyster

bradmyster Regular Member

Customer server network Support
    Back when i was in school and playing representative badminton for states and nationals i was more or less half half.

Now that im working fulltime with no more study to do im concentrating all of my spare time on badminton and training and getting back into shape and going back to nationals. So right now im 150% OBSESSED@!!!!!! haha

Nah i just simply have a super passion for the sport. The community feel is fantastic and the sport is thrilling. I have played alot of sports in my younger years (although im still only 19 lol) and badminton is the only one i feel i can persist with from pure enjoyment.

10. venkatesh

venkatesh Regular Member

editor
    If I'm not, then I wouldn't be a member of this forum.

I love this sport. And just recently, I discovered that I'm more of a badminton fanatic than I thought.

We had a long vacation just last Thursday to Sunday (that's considerably long for an employee like me). We went to Hundred Islands to enjoy the beach and to go island hopping. But during the travel, I can't stop thinking of badminton.

For me, Saturday is badminton day, and being off court makes me miss it. Although I know that the last time I played was Wednesday, I just couldn't stop thinking, in the middle of my vacation, about badminton on that particular Saturday. I was supposed to be playing that time.

Come Monday, I played and was so aggressive on court. :cool:

11. hellopanda3

hellopanda3 Regular Member

TRAIN!
    I've yet to miss a single club time in 2009.
    However, I'm not going to the last play day of this semester this Thursday though.
    Not because I don't want to.
    But because I'm playing in a tournament this weekend.
    Wait, now that I think about it, I've missed one other time because of another tournament.
    Ok.
    I'm only going to have missed twice this entire semester.
    I'm not playing at all during the summer. :(
    I'm going back to my hometown where there are no badminton courts in a 100 mile radius. :crying:
    I am going to the Philippines for a couple of weeks so maybe I will get to play there. :)

12. venkatesh

venkatesh Regular Member

editor
    There are a lot of badminton fanatics here. If you're staying anywhere near us, I would be glad to invite you to our queuing. :)

13. hellopanda3

hellopanda3 Regular Member

TRAIN!
    Will do.
    I'm staying around Caloocan City, I think.

14. Anthony Ng.

Anthony Ng. New Member

Human Resource Field
    Where to play badminton in Kuala Lumpur?

Hello,

I love badminton and started to pratice badminton since I was 10. I took part in many badminton tournaments in Vietnam and won many medals. Now I am late 20s. I am living in Ho Chi Minh city in Vietnam, play badminton 2-3 times a week at night. I often travel to Singapore, KL and BKK and did play badminton in BKK. I really enjoy it!

I will visit KL from Sat 27 to Mon 29 June 2009. It is weekend and really want to have chance to play badminton in KL from 27 to 29 June 2009.

Is there any badminton group I can join or any badminton friends I can play with???

If yes, Pls tell me your cell phone or email, I will contact or call you when I reach KL.

My great pleasure to hear from you soon b4 I depart for KL on 27 June, 2009.

Thanks and sincere
    Anthony
    anhtuanuk2002@yahoo.com

15. venkatesh

venkatesh Regular Member

editor
    Too bad you're far from where I stay. Caloocan is in the northern part of Metro Manila. Our club is in the southern area. But still, I think there are some badminton courts there. If ever you're gonna travel south, you're welcome to join our queuing every Mon and Wed. :)