User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sometimes watching videos isnt enough... You don't really get the contact and communication you need to improve your game. When I watch vids that teach me something I'd like to try it out after i know what it is.. but if you watch a video you can't. With a coach you can plus he can tell you what YOUR doing wrong instead of you watching someone else doing something wrong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I DID WAY BETTER, but I still lost, :. It was 9-4 for him, but then I saw his weak spot, and then I caught up, but I still lost. Final score was 11-9. Back to practicing. Thanks for the tips everyone!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cookies View Post
    I DID WAY BETTER, but I still lost, :. It was 9-4 for him, but then I saw his weak spot, and then I caught up, but I still lost. Final score was 11-9. Back to practicing. Thanks for the tips everyone!
    Your basic skill is still weak. Train your basic first.........

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Badminton is A LOT about experience. For example, yesterday i played against some newbies...won very easily cause me and my partner know the basic strategies and where to place the shuttle and they aren't able to anticipate it. Even when they do, they are forced to lift the shuttle half-court and thats the end of it.

But then again, later that day, we played against my coach (ex-national backup player) and another total beginner. Got thrashed 11-1 (we only played 11 points).
    And my coach wasn't even breaking a sweat. Just played around with the timing and finding weaknesses in our formation.

It showed how much one player's experience can make a difference.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jk1980 View Post
    Badminton is A LOT about experience. For example, yesterday i played against some newbies...won very easily cause me and my partner know the basic strategies and where to place the shuttle and they aren't able to anticipate it. Even when they do, they are forced to lift the shuttle half-court and thats the end of it.

But then again, later that day, we played against my coach (ex-national backup player) and another total beginner. Got thrashed 11-1 (we only played 11 points).
    And my coach wasn't even breaking a sweat. Just played around with the timing and finding weaknesses in our formation.

It showed how much one player's experience can make a difference.
    thats just like saying Lin Dan vs 2 national players and again it was probably possible to beat ur coach if he was a beginner. If you only hit to the beginner then your coach would've lost. But then again i don't think u wanted to be jerks and aim for him only. Also your playing someone at a coach level, he must be amazing then if he beat you guys without a sweat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Azianhero View Post
    thats just like saying Lin Dan vs 2 national players and again it was probably possible to beat ur coach if he was a beginner. If you only hit to the beginner then your coach would've lost. But then again i don't think u wanted to be jerks and aim for him only. Also your playing someone at a coach level, he must be amazing then if he beat you guys without a sweat.
    I wished we would have been more like jerks and hit more to the beginner. Then we would have not lost that terribly
    In a way, we wanted to challenge him more than the beginner...just to see how he would play it. So we kept hitting at him.
    So if the main point is to win, we should have targeted the beginner (and look like jerks) .

Well...he may be amazing...or we really suck

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Badmintan View Post
    Since you predict he's doing drops most of the time, just stand nearer to the net. Then again, your opponent can still clear and smash.

His drops can be punished in a variety of ways, IMHO just offering the possibilities.

1) if you anticipate near the net very early, attempt a lunging netkill like the pros
    2) hold and flick if you reach it early
    3) hold, lower racquet to crosscourt netshot, again if you reach it early
    4) just do a spinning net shot if reach just in time
    5) lift to backcourt (straight or crosscourt better) if reached slightly late
    6) crosscourt net (desperation) if shuttle drop too low
    Very good tips, but I'm not sure whether Cookies understood all that you've said and if he did, whether he could actually display those skills required.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Footwork. Footwork. Footwork. Footwork. Footwork. Footwork. Footwork. Footwork. I could keep spamming but, I'd probably get warned and then have my comment deleted or something. :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have this problem before. infact,i was playing with this guys who are trained. they are very deceptive on smash and drop. he beat me with smile of 2-15. the best i could get was 6. and yes. he use slice drop shot!!!!
    he will jump high and suddenly drop the shuttle. i felt the electricity as i was preparing to recive the smash.

but, i realise if they can control the deception such that, mean they have alot of time on relies. (last time i play clear almost all the time)
    i learn how to do drive then. it work really well, no more deception fromthem as they have little time returning the "low clear".

yup, i won them at last. but it was not as a tight won every time. atleast it belance the game up...

my foot work suck at that times. hm, now still suck, but at least better i think
    i think 1 way to control over deceptive player was drive and drop.
    but, i dont think it work if your opponent are really trained...

another thing, cookies, i love your opponent style of play, can defend, but secretly, can also be agresivve
    Last edited by ragen; 05-15-2009 at 12:46 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know I just posted saying this but the key to winning in singles and well.. doubles too is..

Footwork. Footwork. Footwork. Footwork. Footwork. Footwork. Footwork. Footwork. Footwork. Footwork. Footwork. Footwork. Footwork. Footwork. Footwork. Footwork. Footwork. Footwork. Footwork. Footwork. Footwork. Footwork. Footwork. Footwork. Footwork. Footwork. Footwork. Footwork. Footwork. Footwork. Footwork. Footwork. Footwork. Footwork. Footwork. Footwork. Footwork. Footwork. Footwork. Footwork.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yup...foot work is critically inportant in badminton.but if your shot is all loose and innaccurate, you will be a play around and controlled by your opponant too. and if your stamina is not good, your foot work will all gone to drain. may be second game, you are already unable to move around properly and quickly. but yes, footwork will support your shot and efficiency of your movement. (shoot or shot?) sorry,i have poor english

i think all come in one package, and u have to buy all to be a good player

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't use footwork, maybe that's why I lose and still only a beginner in singles.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm, in fact,i have also a very bad footwork. how do i train my footwork when i have a little free time only?

hmm,my house design is more to long than wide. any way to train footwork at home...please advise. thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ragen View Post
    hmm, in fact,i have also a very bad footwork. how do i train my footwork when i have a little free time only?

hmm,my house design is more to long than wide. any way to train footwork at home...please advise. thanks
    It's actually pretty hard to train at home since training without anyone to watch you can make you develop a bad habit. If you practice wrong, you'll be used to doing it wrong. One day, at a club or gym, when there are other players around, focus on footwork only. Don't worry about hitting. If you can't get to the bird, you can't hit it. Remember that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

are we talking about singles or doubles here btw?
    Singles footwork is one of the key factors...i would say the most important.
    In doubles...it's still important to get to the birdie but cuz u hv a partner, it's a bit easier.
    So the key in doubles play would be how well u & ur partner understands each other. And basics doubles strategy of course.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jk1980 View Post
    are we talking about singles or doubles here btw?
    Singles footwork is one of the key factors...i would say the most important.
    In doubles...it's still important to get to the birdie but cuz u hv a partner, it's a bit easier.
    So the key in doubles play would be how well u & ur partner understands each other. And basics doubles strategy of course.
    If you read the other posts, you can tell this is singles. Of course in doubles, you don't have to move as much, but you have to have coordination and reflexes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy

okk.. no offence meant... but i guess he s a lot more better player than u... secondly i guess u are just a beginner... playing with him on the court and trying to imbibe all the shots/options tht were posted here will not help... reason -- u play under pressure.. so u wud play the shots u r most confident with.. u will not try to take fancy / complex shots for the fear of giving him a soft ball to b smashed hard into ur face or mayb dropped...

the key here is to just practise practise and practiuse with someone over n over again... do not expect to work wonders in the court while u r at a game with him... doesnt work... so please pair up with someone better than u who can tell u how particular shots work...

happy playing buddy...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast