User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jrmanu View Post
    You see a smash is used to kill off the point or get an opening but when you reach a certain level where players defence is as solid as rock, and you keep on jumpin and smashin everytime you get the chance what will happen if you go to a 3rd game, or lets say you have to play qualifying and you have 3 games on that day then you start the tournement on the next. Fitness is very important yes,but im tryin to say that you dont always need a sharp angle jump smash, that is only to kill, you can just stand and use a half smash or stand and smash then spin net. but if you get a real nice dead shuttle then yes jumpsmashing is the best.
    thats fair enough and more to the point.
    But considering a professional singles match you dont actually constantly jump and constantly cut off everything you possibly can. Thats overkill to the max. You set yourself up with drops, clears and netshots fast drives etc etc and then when you get the opportunity to kill it a big jump smash is just wats needed.

I see where your coming from though :P

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Yeah

yeah thats why i said that you should jump smash when you know you can kill the shuttle, but some players are 2 short thus they have to jumpsmash if not they cant smash properly they can only use half smashes that why i said in the first post if your tall.Yeah but this is just my point of view and my coaches point of view so its yeah its up to you to belive it or not or have your objections

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bet you guys haven't read http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...=47521&page=13

i think you guys are comparing a normal scissors-kick smash, against a both-leg-take-off jumpsmash. Theres no way to smash with your feet stuck to the ground.

A point to add that doesn't seem to be mentioned yet--
    a double leg jumpsmash allows you to stop more easily (after moving backwards), and then shift your body weight forward, since you are using 2 legs to stop and push instead of just 1.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont think they are comparing those issues. They're just saying consuming the energy, not to waste too much power for later on in the games. Which is just commonsense, so the argue had stop.
    However, I think i've seen a lot of badminton video clips. And I have never or maybe it does happen here and there, but I do not see on group smash. they always jump. Even at the base line (back end of the court, if base line is not that spot sorry for my termenology). And if their opponent, lift it up, they'll jump again.
    Oh this is consider as men double. Obviously in single they dont smash a lot, they only smash to execute, so which of course execute shots are always need to be the best smash, and best smashs are jump smash =).
    of course correct me if i'm wrong. Who knows I might just dont pay attention that well yet.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2