Nanospeed 9900 a good replacement for AT900T?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Reliez, May 3, 2009.

1. Reliez

Reliez Regular Member

Hello Everyone, I've recently looking at getting a new racket!
    I've been using the Armortech900 Technique for about two years, and have been quite happy with it's it's performance. But it's nearing the end of it's life I'm afraid, haha. Too many collisions, and accidents, :p
    So I was wondering, if I was happy with the 900T, would the Nanospeed 9900 be a good replacement for it?
    I've read a few reviews on it, and heard that it has a great swing speed, and good reaction time.
    The one thing that I didn't like from my AT900T was that it seemed a bit on the weak side, and required a bit of effort to generate power. I call myself a mainly defensive semi-offensive player.From what I've heard, the 9900 has the lightness and speed of the 900T, but with added strength. Would anyone who's tried it/ heard about it, recommend it for me?

2. jymbalaya

jymbalaya Regular Member

well, it matters on your level of play, etc. Name what level you are/ where you play/ etc.
    plus, the racket is only as good as the player who wields it. it remains to be seen if you can truly use it. If you have problems with the AT, chances are you probably will need to improve strength before.

3. Reliez

Reliez Regular Member

Well, still on my school's varsity badminton team, I would say intermediate player. I'm a pretty skinny and weak person, so it might by due to my lack of strength too, haha. I usually play at school, but sometimes go to the near by Orange county badminton center once in a while. Like I said, my rackets most likely gonna break soon, so I just want a good racket for my last two years.

4. phamd124

phamd124 Regular Member

Student
    I'm not sure how you've been using it for 2 years already but you're probably just lacking strength. And until then, don't bother switching to the NS9900 because it's even weaker than the AT900T in terms of power.

5. huangxl

huangxl Regular Member

Student
    maybe a change of string will help you more than achange of racket? I mean at900t is a top racket no doubt about it so maybe the string tension is too high for ur liking. maybe try a lower tension for more power

6. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Sorry I have to catagorgoraly disagree with phamd124
    I have both racquets and have been using the 9900 for the last week as I just bought it and I reckon it is 20% more powerful than the at900t

7. Changsta

Changsta Regular Member

More powerfull?

That sounds interesting, i thought the the 9900 was head light compared to the AT900T

Would you suggest a switch then?

8. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

well so far I am liking the racquet it defenetly has more power than at900t but it's up to you wheteher you switch or not it depends what kind of playing style you have + do you play singles or doulbles

9. malayali

malayali Regular Member

namaskaaram..
    20%? That is very specific! How did you determine it is 20% more powerful that the AT900T?

10. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Basically it is an estimate

I gather how easily it was to hit the smash and then how much quicker the shuttle went the at900t doesn't generate as much speed as the 9900 and I reckon that it has maybe about 20% more power and is easier to generate that power

11. jymbalaya

jymbalaya Regular Member

Malayali has a great point. 20 percent is a hard figure.
    Seeing as you measured it, did you keep the variables the same? I find the NS9900 loads more powerful when strung at 22 pounds than my ARC10. At 24, it like a rock. reason. the two make it too stiff for me.

12. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Basically they are both strung with BG 65tis at 23lbs that means that the variables are the same they were both strung at the same time (last Monday)
    And then I hit smashes with at900t and ns9900 and then relised that the 9900 was more power by about 20% clears also went slightly further as well maybe 5-10 cm using the same amount of effort
    However it was a 4u at900t against a 3u 9900
    Hope that clears it up a bit

13. tony531

tony531 Regular Member

well u have to consider compensation, since hes weak, a headlight would be better for him because he'll be able to swing it faster, therefore leading to a more powerful smash; where as if he were using a head heavy, it wouldn't help him get as much of a powerful smash because he would probably swing slower.

14. phamd124

phamd124 Regular Member

Student
    My 4U AT900Technique still seems better for me in terms of smashing while compared to the NS9900.

I do suppose this factor does weigh in but the whole replacement opinion is something you can only tell from experience.

15. Reliez

Reliez Regular Member

Wow, thank you everyone for the very insightful posts!:D