string tension, whats right for me

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by saifiii, May 3, 2009.

1. saifiii

saifiii Regular Member

how do u find out whats the right tension for u, do u like try every tension or something. is there any benchmark test for knowing your ideal tension

2. Superstar85

Superstar85 Regular Member

You find a racket thats right for u in balance and weight and then test out a few string on average price rackets, use others people racket to test out what tension they put it at and what string they use, and see if you like it. One thing which is important is that you have to have a good stringer.

3. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    I would say for determining tension since it depends on the player, start out the tension with around 22-23 which would be around average tension. Depending on the results from here, the next time you would either choose to go lower or higher.

For me, I would say go with 23-24 is more like the average because in a way I take in account the string tension will drop as the string breaks in.

4. Athelete1234

Athelete1234 Regular Member

Student
    Take any tension, then if you feel it is too loose, or too tight, adjust it. When you reach the ideal tension from many adjustments, then you've found it.

5. bradmyster

bradmyster Regular Member

Customer server network Support
    Its all experimentation. Find a racket thats you like and get it strung to 22-23 lbs. If you feel after using this its too loose Go to 24lbs. Most people lose their power due to poor/not perfect technique at 25lbs and above. So 24 would be the most id go if i was at an amature/intermediate level.

Just keep adjusting till you find the perfect match for your racket and technique.