User Tag List

Page 52 of 500 FirstFirst ... 2 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 102 152 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Singaporeans celebrate the New Year in parties islandwide

Channel NewsAsia
    01 January 2010 1856 hrs

By Cheryl Lim,

SINGAPORE: Thousands of Singaporeans gathered to celebrate and ring in the New Year in style.

At the Pinnacle@Duxton, it was a New Year in a new home. The skybridge was packed with new residents eager to take in the view from above. And they were rewarded for their patience, with unparalleled view guaranteed to start 2010 with a bang.

Crowds in Sembawang too had their fill of fireworks, but not before a medley of performances by dance groups and regional acts, with a touch of magic sprinkled in.

Things heated up at the Marina Barrage as well. Revellers danced the night away in a massive 12-hour party, where fiery beats helped chase away the troubles of 2009.

Sentosa was also packed with partygoers. 20,000 people gathered on Siloso Beach at five different parties, with plenty of foam to help them slide smoothly into the New Year and fireworks lighting up the shoreline at the stroke of midnight.

And it was a song-and-dance-extravaganza at Marina Bay. Singapore Idol finalists performed to a packed crowd at the floating platform, while fringe events at the Esplanade helped set the tone for a brand new year and decade.

Fireworks light up the night sky at the Marina Bay in Singapore to usher in the New Year.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I better understand your Issue... Pls correct me if I'm wrong.

MetalOrange :- Threads are for discussion and 'cut & paste'-ing articles (even well cited references / sources)

Loh & Singapore Also Can Thread (jug8man getting into the head of Loh, perhaps...) :- This thread is mainly for me (Loh) to share news about Singapore, since I'm (Loh) very proud of my Nation. I (Loh) do so by copying and pasting & stating source of articles in this thread.

Admin & Mods (jug8man getting into the head of admin & mods , perhaps..) :-
    There is nothing new about copying & pasting external articles as long as there is proper referencing of the source of the article......
    ...however, BCforum has never experienced a thread such a rapid pace of posting up articles such as Singapore Also Can which 'drowns' discussion itself.

Should we (admin & mods ) allow this to continue or leave it alone?

Pls let me know

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow What has been publicised

Quote Originally Posted by MetalOrange View Post

that was probably the point, to not drown, hence, the obligatory spacing were left out. but it is very well written, indeed. AND it was TYPEWRITTEN personally as oppose to 'cut and paste'. forums are for lively discussions but not purposely for DUMPING anything and everything whether relevant or otherwise.

what would be the point if someone decides to dump thousands of pages of chatter?

The opening post of this thread explains it all.
    Have a read.
    Quote Originally Posted by Loh View Post

Many perhaps will know how tiny Singapore went through a difficult independence to fight for economic and political survival as a nation in some rather turbulent times and emerged the better irrespective.

Now that the world is experiencing one of its worst recessions and Singapore is directly affected because of her open economy and dependence on the world for its export of goods and services, it is perhaps time that we remember what Singapore has achieved to gain world, regional and national recognition so as to cheer us on and to remind us that Singapore also can do better in the future to lift us up, to take pride in what we have achieved and to continue to do the best we can.

So I would like to start this section dedicated to Singapore's past, present and future achievements in all fields of human endeavour, whether in economics, social development, politics, education, sports, the arts, design, medicine, science, law, engineering, IT, media, Guinness World Records, etc, etc.

We should as far as possible cite public references to lend creditability to what has been publicised.

Singapore Also Can

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kiloo View Post
    The best part is that a few years ago some politics here tried to compare Mauritius with Singapore. U know what Mr Lee told him: ": Tigers do not goto sleep at 1600Hrs and wake at 0900" hahaha, I loved it.
    That is not surprising. It is pure arrogance and disrespect for others. Many neighbours like Malaysians, Indonesians, Thais, and Philippinos, so often the butt of this arrogance, may have something to say, perhaps from personal experiences.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

jug8man,

quote ''I think I better understand your Issue... Pls correct me if I'm wrong.'' unquote

i can't correct you if there is no incorrectness. and yes you are getting to someone's head, i think.
    Last edited by MetalOrange; 01-01-2010 at 09:41 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default 25 elderly couples renew marriage vows

Channel NewsAsia
    01 January 2010 2128 hrs

By Evelyn Choo,

SINGAPORE: Twenty-five elderly couples spent their New Year's Day by renewing their marriage vows.

Some have tied the knot for more than 30 golden years, and age is certainly not stopping them from showing their love for each other.

The event was organised by the South West District to celebrate the role of grandparents in families.

Joseph Lum and Emmeline Tsai said: "Marriage is a long-term commitment. For the younger generation, when they embark on it, it is a new phase in their life.

"To stay committed, to stay loving for each other, whether during bad times or good times, this is what we call true love."
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    The opening post of this thread explains it all.
    Have a read.

go on, until every adlib is hijacked with tons of clutter!

btw, it says...all fields of human endeavour! not inhuman and devour.
    Last edited by MetalOrange; 01-01-2010 at 09:45 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=MetalOrange;1336475]
    Quote Originally Posted by jug8man View Post
    I think I better understand your Issue... Pls correct me if I'm wrong.

i can't correct you if there is no incorrectness. and yes you are getting to someone's head, i think.
    I'm glad that you can vouch that my comprehension skills still work. I was getting worried after reading that other veryyy long & winding post

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pemuda View Post
    Actually, it is a very silly thing to do. I mean the government is putting the workload on the petrol kiosk operators. Now, any right thinking business operators will tell you their main objective is to make money, not playing enforcement to ensure mandatory filling limits. I feel the Malaysian government should charge an 'entry fee' for all Singaporean/foreign licensed cars coming into JB. Easier this way. Say RM15 on weekdays & RM20 on weekends. If the Singaporeans not happy, we initiate military action.

Simple solution actually.
    haha. I think RM15 per 100cc is better. so any singaporean GT-R 3.8L should pay 38 x RM15 per entry.

This is only fair lah

If not we can also cut water supply

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha. I think RM15 per 100cc is better. so any singaporean GT-R 3.8L should pay 38 x RM15 per entry.

This is only fair lah

military option is waging a war...treading on shallow waters (word smithin' huh?)...uhm...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by taneepak View Post
    That is not surprising. It is pure arrogance and disrespect for others. Many neighbours like Malaysians, Indonesians, Thais, and Philippinos, so often the butt of this arrogance, may have something to say, perhaps from personal experiences.
    Speak for yourself. Don't try to bring in neighbours ... to try to paint a bad picture of our MM with your unsubstantiated remarks.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is only fair lah

Some BCers here would vote for Pemuda as PM if he has political ambitions.
    If that is the case the water problem can be solved between kawan2 lah.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up To not break the normal flow of this thread

go on, until every adlib is hijacked with tons of clutter!

btw, it says...all fields of human endeavour! not inhuman and devour.

Hijacked???

Perhaps, this post (click Here) made just an hour ago in another thread could remind us to not break the normal flow of this thread.
    Last edited by chris-ccc; 01-01-2010 at 10:10 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    Hijacked???

Perhaps, this post (click Here) made just an hour ago in another thread could remind us to not break the normal flow of this thread.
    already replied to ur other post before you got back...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Internet speed goes quicker than lightning

already replied to ur other post before you got back...

Our internet speed goes quicker than lightning.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loh View Post
    Speak for yourself. Don't try to bring in neighbours ... to try to paint a bad picture of our MM with your unsubstantiated remarks.
    This is what I hear from Malaysians, Indonesians, Thais, and Philippinos all the time, especially from Malaysians and Indonesians. It is not specifically about your MM (Minister Mentor of the REpublic of Singapore) but more about the typical Singaporean. I know this is not healthy because these 3 neighbours will have to live with each other. Perhaps a little humility and less arrogance and boasting will go a long way to reducing the friction.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pemuda View Post
    Actually, it is a very silly thing to do. I mean the government is putting the workload on the petrol kiosk operators. Now, any right thinking business operators will tell you their main objective is to make money, not playing enforcement to ensure mandatory filling limits. I feel the Malaysian government should charge an 'entry fee' for all Singaporean/foreign licensed cars coming into JB. Easier this way. Say RM15 on weekdays & RM20 on weekends. If the Singaporeans not happy, we initiate military action.

Simple solution actually.
    nahh..... cant do that.
    they so called "claiming" to keep our shopping centres busy. then trying to condemn the stolen vehicle. this and that. if we start to talk about money, this will harm the relationship. i also know that "we" Malaysian too, keep their shopping malls busy. "we" do help a lot in their economy. try stand on the causeway and count the number of motobikes crossing to S'pore every morning of working days. while working there, need to pay like what we do here to EPF. after termination of working there, the money cant be collected back. i am not sure how much of our countrymen's money stuck with S'pore but i am sure it is tens of million.