Best Advanced Attacking Doubles Racket

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by risingsun, May 6, 2009.

1. risingsun

risingsun Regular Member

unemployed
    Hi everyone,

At present i am using a Yonex Armortec 900 Technique which i find too be very satisfying on an all round basis off doubles play.

I have recently as well bought a Kason TSF ti power100 which i am trying out but think its maybe too flexible???

I am looking too find a racket which is not yonex but is on the cheaper side of rackets which are stronger and more durable especially when using tensions of above 28lbs.

Can anyone suggests good rackets too consider for around about the £50 budget.

What i was thinking was a Apacs AMP-95, if anyone knows where i can buy this racket from bangkok or london would be great.

Many thanks every body.

I'm sure you all know the frustration of not having the right racket too smash people through the walls lol :eek:

2. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Look at a SOTX Woven 7 - you can get one for less than 60 quid from MBS - probably the finest attacking doubles racket for that kind of money (and better than some Yonexes twice as dear). They're very heavy, though.

3. jymbalaya

jymbalaya Regular Member

you can order of APACS UK. Also think about the Metallix 10000/8000. they seem like good rackets at a decent price.

4. alex_fung1980

alex_fung1980 Regular Member

Nil
    Do you know the brand "Fleet"? I get some information in some HK forums. Some people try to use Fleet. The model are Woven 999 and Woven 1000. They said the rackets are very great. and the price is about HK$700. They are extra stiff racket and can be strung over 30lbs (2U version).

5. risingsun

risingsun Regular Member

unemployed
    Whereis MBS??

Would you say this racket is better than the Apacs AMP-95?

Thanks an how HEAVY is heavy??? lol

6. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

MBS is a HK company (that does free shipping worldwide).

http://www.mybadmintonstore.com/shop/product_info.php?currency=GBP&products_id=624

is the W7 product page - it's gone up to £65 now (curse this economy:mad:). "Heavy", in this case, means 89-93 grams, which is on the cusp of the Yonex 3U and 2U weight classes. Balance is head heavy, but not to the extent of the Armortecs.

Compared to an AMP95, I would say the SOTX is more stable, more durable and more powerful - whether that makes it worth the extra £££ is up to you.

7. risingsun

risingsun Regular Member

unemployed
    Ok this is definatley something for me too think about although i have just ordered 2 apacas amp-95.
    Maybe i will try one out and see how it goes i think that sort of weight is pretty heavy though???
    http://www.sotxsports.co.uk/Rackets.htm

the woven 7 is selling for £55 in this website.

i like the fact that they are good quality and strong holding high tension and have guarentee for 400 days. :)

Cheers