Should I buy Yonex musclepower 100 or 99?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by [c=1811], May 6, 2009.

1. [c=1811]

[c=1811] Regular Member

Student
    I'm a badminton collector and I wanted to collect all the best Yonex racquets in each of it's series,,,, I've alraedy chosen all da best Yonex badminton racquets in all Yonex's series except for the musclepower series,,, So,,, can u guys help me out??? Should I buy mp100 or 99 as a collection,,, n I cnt buy both of them becuz my aim is to buy a best racquet in each Yonex's series,,,=D

I'm having my exams nxt week,, so I wont be active for sometime,,,=D

2. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

I like MP99 over MP100. It is just my opinion...

3. Distanc3

Distanc3 Regular Member

stringer for community centers
    if money is not a problem, mp99 and mp100 would be quite a good collectors item.

but if i were to chose one to play with, i would get the mp99, but mp100 seems more rare in my area (British Columbia)

4. alexkho

alexkho Regular Member

Purchasing
    mp100 still to be more rare in most part ....

5. roy b

roy b Regular Member

Sorry but .....Sad. Badminton rackets are for playing badminton with. For gord sake.......

Oh, and there's no such thing as the best of a series, it's so personal. Don't waste your life. The MP88 was a cracker for example.

6. jymbalaya

jymbalaya Regular Member

i like the MP-100. plus the number is bigger. however, now i am too weak, cannot even clear with it...

7. xiaoheng

xiaoheng Regular Member

mp 99 imo... the 1st yonex racket i bought and use it for more than 5 yrs...:) very good all round racket... but the racket jus passed away this yr... and is due to mishit on floor or else is still can use it all the way:( so i vote for mp 99... but u can't say which is the best cos this 2 racket are different in specs... :)

8. Azianhero

Azianhero Regular Member

okay so what are you gunna do with those racquets after you buy them? What if u test them out and you end up disliking them? would you think that its the best racquets now? Being a badminton collector is something thats time consuming. If you arn't gunna use them then why bother? Now don't set your mind to predjuices, racquets also have feelings too. If u don't treat it well then it will leave you. Like roy_b said, there is NO such thing as "best racquets". No series is useless. I could say the carbonex 30 is the best racquet and just because the term "nanospeed 9900" or "arc saber 10" sounds cool and pricy doesn't make them the best racquets. Its personal opinion.

9. bradmyster

bradmyster Regular Member

Customer server network Support
    dude id rather go to world tournaments and get an individual shuttle signed by the worlds top 10 singles players. 1 shuttle for each of them. Then glass case them for display.
    Rackets are down to personal preferance so collecting what you think is the best means nothing and defeats the purpose of collecting.
    All the money you spent on rackets you could have put to something far more important in life. Even badminton training.

10. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    i disagree.

there are a certain number of rackets that are considered classics. the old classic is the cab9, cab20, Iso800, Ti-10, etc. those are rackets that are made of exceptional quality and playability. and most importantly, used and preferred by many pros.

out of MP100 and MP99, MP99 falls into that category. back a few years, we were seeing many many pros prefer the MP99.

so i would (and did) collect the MP99.

11. [c=1811]

[c=1811] Regular Member

Student
    I dont only collect those racquet, i used it sometimes depending on my mood, lols i play both double n single, my smash is average, i focus more on rally, haha, between mp99 n 100, which suits me more? N which of them is latest? Mp99 or 100 thx 4 ur all of ur advice! Cheers!

12. [c=1811]

[c=1811] Regular Member

Student
    lols,,,, Yonex mp99 used by wat pros???? n mp100 used by wat pros??=D oh ya,,one correction for the above post,,,,, ( N which of them is latest? mp99 or 100? ) lols,, I dont juz collect racquet,,, let me rephrase,, I want to collect a most suitable for me racquet from each Yonex's series,,, that include Aerotus,,, lols,, haha,, wanna try it,, I know it's very rare nowadays,, bt if I saw one,, I will buy one,, but I donno which Aerotus suits me?? Aerotus 110/100 or others,,, thx guys for ur help,, appreciate it!!!=D

13. Athelete1234

Athelete1234 Regular Member

Student
    MP100 was used by legends Zhang Jun, Tony Gunawan, and Candra Wijaya. MP99 used to be used by almost all of the china team (Gao Ling, LD, lots of WS players, Chen Hong, etc). I find MP100 is less all around and more offense oriented.

14. chewablemorphin

chewablemorphin Regular Member

Lifeguard, and a little bit of autobody
    I find the mp 100 makes clearing effortless, but i can smash harder with the 99.

15. KohKoh

KohKoh Regular Member

Mp100 was used by the legendary Kim Dong Moon

16. tobradex

tobradex Regular Member

IT industry
    Thanks for letting us know. Though after 3 years I'm thinking the OP prolly already chose one of the two. :)

17. a|extan

a|extan Regular Member

Since u r collector, just get both to solve all these

18. BlueTornado

BlueTornado Regular Member

This post is several years old. It should be closed or something, no need for more replies.