New Line of Armortecs?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Abeeba, May 7, 2009.

1. Abeeba

Abeeba Regular Member

Student
    Was wondering if anyone who got there hands on one and tested them out or went out and bought one would be willing to give a review of them. Especially the 70MG since the head shape looks really unusual compared to the usual iso rackets. I'm looking to buy from the armortec line, I had a 500 before, but felt that it was too head heavy, and I'm wondering if I should consider any of the ones from the new line and how they compare to the ones that have been around. I'm an intermediate player who loves to smash, but don't want to sacrifice defense for an insane offense.

http://www.badmintonalley.com/Yonex...Badminton_Racket_p/racket-yonex-at30-2009.htm

http://www.badmintonalley.com/Yonex...Badminton_Racket_p/racket-yonex-at50-2009.htm

http://www.badmintonalley.com/Yonex...dminton_Racket_p/racket-yonex-at70mg-2009.htm

2. Athelete1234

Athelete1234 Regular Member

Student
    They're mostly low end, so probably not really significant in any way. If the 500 was too heavy for you I don't think an armortec is good for you since they're all head heavy (but 4U in USA, so light). Consider picking up a nanospeed or Arcsaber if you're looking at Yonex, or a Carbonex 30MS.

3. Abeeba

Abeeba Regular Member

Student
    Alright, I guess just cause they're low end, no one gives a crap about them. Cause all players are advanced, and everyone can handle high end rackets. I was only wondering whether those rackets were worth considering, because I'm an intermediate player. I understand that the racket you use doesn't decide entirely how well you play, just because you're using the same racket as a pro doesn't mean you'll play like them. It comes down to footwork, stamina, power, agility, and experience And when we get very specific, even the shirt we're wearing. I'm at loss as to what kind of racket I should be looking at right now.

If I don't belong in armortec line, then could someone suggest a SPECIFIC racket to me within yonex. People have told me to get W8, but it's not one of my options. If someone could suggest me a specific racket within the YONEX racket lines, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks. ANYTHING within Yonex's US market and price doesn't matter.

4. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

Do a search. You will find your answer...

5. Jing09

Jing09 Regular Member

Student
    Well I like the nanospeed line. Headlight rackets give faster swing speed which leads to pretty good defense. Also delivers decent smashes. Well, this is only if you get use to the racket, you won't obtain everything right away. I know someone with a NS 8000 and they have pretty strong smashes. But if the Nanospeed line is too headlight for you, I guess you should try the ArcSabers.

6. Deathsticks

Deathsticks Regular Member

the first one if low end
    at 50 is just mid
    70mg is sorta high end(not because of price)

7. Gemcat

Gemcat Regular Member

Airport Employee
    I actually wanted to get an AT50 for myself and an AT70 for a friend. I like the colour on the AT50 and they are not bad racquets. Do consider buying one for training or leisure games. And while you are at it, try to win a game with a guy holding Arc10... ^^

8. exxn0mercy

exxn0mercy Regular Member

Student
    I have an Armortec 70MG. it's a very powerful racquet for me. very head heavy. and the paint was excellent+++++++.. WONT CHIP EASILY AT ALL. I used it for 1 month++ already. NO CHIP AT ALL(just like a new racquet!) even though sometimes I accidently hit the shuttlecock on the frame. The racquet frame is quite shiny. haha. *sry for bad english*

9. yippo888

yippo888 Regular Member

Therapy Radiographer
    hmmmm, well defo consider amortec 900 t or p. both proven to b great go to rackets. the 900 power might give you more bang but i always prefer the manoverability of the 900 technique to be honest.

altho have to be careful when playing with beginners, mine gotcaught in a clash, thats one of my 2 900t jp coded babys gone:(

10. krisss

krisss Regular Member

I would recommend one of the rackets in the nanospeed series , but we do need more detail of your playing style.

If the Armortec 500 is too head heavy , tha means you want a head light racket . The Nanospeed series are all head light :D.

Are you definiteley going to consider a Yonex racket , other brands are equivelent or maybe even better?

My coach said that it shouldn't matter what new rackets their are or how much they cost , he said you shouldn't care about the new "super nano" technology , just consider a racket you like.

I've always wanted to actually test people , and get 5 rackets and paint them all black and see which one they play with best :p.

11. Jing09

Jing09 Regular Member

Student
    HAHA! you really should do that one day and tell us about it ;)

12. Athelete1234

Athelete1234 Regular Member

Student
    Well if you prefer even balanced racquets, a low end Muscle power is okay (MP45 and below). Head heavy, go for the armortec low ends, and head light pick the Nanospeed low ends.

13. jymbalaya

jymbalaya Regular Member

i recommend the ARC7, or the NS500/800. All are great rackets, for a good price. Even balance too.

14. Abeeba

Abeeba Regular Member

Student
    Funny that you mention the NS500 Jymbalaya, I have one right now and I really like it. But I'm looking for more power. The 500 gives me really good lifts, drops, and clears, but I feel like my smashes could be a lot more powerful. Maybe I should stay in the NS line? I saw a few reviews for the 7000 and 7700, and they seem like good rackets. But if I'm looking at high end I might as well get a 9900, right? ;/

I'm definitely a player who loves to smash, but I didn't like the AT line. So I guess I'm looking for an racket that isn't too head heavy, has really good defense, but doesn't lose the attack power.

Thank you gemcat and exxn0mercy for your racket reviews. And yippo888, I might consider AT again.

15. Gemcat

Gemcat Regular Member

Airport Employee
    I just tried a AT50 the other day. The racquet is somewhat head heavy, but not as heavy as AT900T. The shaft stiffness is kind of similar to a MP22LT with a tad bit more stiff. But the racquet is great for smashes. Probably my arm ignores racquet weight, it feels somewhat manueverable. The racquet performs better in single with the aim-and-smash. Doing clear with this guy didn't seem to need any power, one simple swing can get the shuttle flying.

Hope it helps!

16. Abeeba

Abeeba Regular Member

Student
    Thanks Gemcat, I don't think I'll be going back to the armortec line though. :/ Maybe for the AT900Technique.