User Tag List

Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interestingly Dunlop (same company as Carlton) have a new series - Aerogel4D Tour and Elite models:

http://item.taobao.com/auction/item_...50023628&pm2=1

http://item.taobao.com/auction/item_...50023628&pm2=2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, I have seen the Dunlop range in Bangkok, it looks similar to the Carlton Vapour trail but doesn't seem to have the Optimetric head.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's really interesting in the same way as Fiats' relationship to Ferrari is interesting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Easy Tiger View Post
    That's really interesting in the same way as Fiats' relationship to Ferrari is interesting.
    It is very likely that they are produced in the same factory in China. Dunlop/Carlton Europe are the same company anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nathan Robertson is sponsored by Carlton so it's very likely he sleeps on a Dunlopilo.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the shirt wore by Nathan Robertson was sponsored by Carlton too?
    i saw high-tech there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

78g rackets are for girls.
    hahaha that's quite a funny statements to me as I'm playing with powerblade 9902 and airblade 33

too bad, i couldn't find europe series around here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyway, enough of the bollocks, here's a review after 6 weeks of playing with a VT Tour.

I'm gunna fess up and say I was hard on this racket. When I bought a Yonex AT900T earlier in the year, it literally transformed my game, so I expected the VTT to do the same. When it didn't do so as radically as the AT900T, I was bummed so I shelved it for a week and grumbled a lot. A lot of that came from the fact that a) It's very shiny, so it must be awesome, and b) It took a lot of effort just to get one. The bar was impossibly high even before the first hit.

So this week, in a compassionate mood I decided to drag it out again and give it a fair shot.

The reason for this was simple. A week ago I was playing socially and at the end of the night, I dragged the VTT out to play a game of singles against a guy who's probably a little bit better than me. After about what seemed like 30 seconds I was down 0-6 and he was smashing me all over the court like I was a hack.

Don't get me wrong - I am a hack - but absolutely nothing was working for me and at this rate, It'd be 0-21 and walking off the court with my tail in between my legs. So to counter this, I did something drastic -

I forgot about the racket.

That's all. I stopped thinking about "Is this racket better than the Yonex? Was that drop shot as good? Do these strings need replacing?" and just played.

And my opponent stopped the game at 15-11, panting like a dog.

So, I guess if you've bothered reading this far you're thinking "Where's the frikken review already!?!" so I better get a move-on. In essence, I really like the VTT. I don't know if it's that different to other medium balance racket out there, but once you get the hang of it it's a nice, quick and speedy racket. It feels a little different to similar Yonex (ARC10, NS9000) rackets, but I can't quite put my finger on what it is. It's not better or worse, just different. I actually think it's faster around the court than a NS9900.

The stock strings are let down by the ridiculous ink (or more aptly, paint) that Carlton use to apply their logo. It literally glues the strings together making the string bed mildly unpredictable - you can actually feel when you hit the paint and when you don't. I'm looking forward to restringing this racket because I think it will come alive even more, improve the feel, and with a bit of tension, improve the smashes which are a little bit down compared to other similar rackets. I think the Optimetric head will work better with better strings too.

All-in-all, I think this racket is well worth your money. It's easily on par with any Yonex you may care to bring it up against, and if you can stand everyone asking you what that incredibly shiny weapon is you were just playing with - and you replace the strings - I think very quickly it will become your 'go-to' racket.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyway, enough of the bollocks, here's a review after 6 weeks of playing with a VT Tour.

I'm gunna fess up and say ............
    Easy Tiger, are you still playing with the stock string?

Sometimes when you restring your racket, it will feel complete different.

I had my Fireblade Elite with the stock string, it felt absolutely rubbish and I started to think it was crap. But then when I restrung it at 26lb, it now feels very different. But I must say I still prefer my Ti10 for power, the Elite is just too stiff of a racket.

But I do want to try the VP Tour, as Robertson is using it now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just waiting for my Ashaway strings to arrive, then I'll restring.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kewl, strings arrived. Hopefully I'll be able to have a hit Sunday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

VP elite is one of the worst racket i ever used, i bought it brand new n jus used it 2 times, its up for sale if any1s interested...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Send it to Dinky Panda so he can say how cool it is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by andy nade View Post
    VP elite is one of the worst racket i ever used, i bought it brand new n jus used it 2 times, its up for sale if any1s interested...
    Are you using it with stock string? Haha, how much are you selling it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i havnt change the string on it, i bought it for 130 n i would be happy to sell it for 80

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just had this Carlton Vapour Trail Tour from UK Rackets http://www.ukrackets.com/shop/n and it was only 99 plus the 5 shipping. The Racket arrived the next day thats if you order before 12 Noon. First thing I notice with this racket That it is so light and Its one of the lightest rackets i've had and this racket is so shiny that it feel like it has a high *** appeal. I think that the racket is strung to 28lbs. The play with this racket is so easy and easy to control and the forehand and backhand clears are so easy to do the smashes are so powerful and the maneuverability is good aswell. I do believe that this new carlton range is most probably the best and most classy of the whole range. Widely proud to use this racket and telling you to try it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

allright..looking for some advice. I've been playing with a megaflex f1ti now for about 4 years or so - and im getting a new racket before i go 2 uni (as a spare or main if its any better). I was going to buy the fireblade elite but they are now sold out at 60. My choices are either: Fireblade tour (classic head) at 60 - vapour trail fxti at 53 or vapour trail ST at 66. I'm just wondering which is the better racket. I play both doubles and singles, but more in favour of singles. Thanks for any replies.

Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast