User Tag List

Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Destricto_Ense View Post
    Hey Dan, that sponsorship deal doesn't mean you have to play with Carlton shuttles, does it? In my experience they're second only to Wilson Toplines in crappiness.
    It does.

I've found that the GT-4 flies relatively well, just not for very long. We've found the GT-1 to be a pretty decent shuttle though. It's easily as good, if not better than the Inflight ones we used to use. I'd still take AS-50s over GT-1s but I wouldn't say they're too bad.

As for worst shuttles, the Head feathers (whatever they're called) rank quite highly on my list of awfulness.

Of course, with shuttles, any review I give or experience I share is quite subjective as the places we play in are likely to be quite different and the age of the shuttles you and I used will also be a contributing factor to the differing experiences.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The GT1 shuttles are pretty decent, most are around AS40ish, some around AS30. I think most people would rather have the AS50's over anything other than aeroplane black, which you can't get easily in the UK. I agree with Head being the worst of the more expensive. I found the inflight shuttles to be good for a few points before they broke.

Anyway, back on topic...

Dan, how flexible did you find the VT superlite? I own one and despite using it for a fair while and being able to return anything whilst playing with it, found it too flexible and headlight to generate any power at all. Agree with it feeling insanely light though. Flexibility also led to it feeling less stable on overhead shots. I only use it when I'm playing with someone else who loves defending, otherwise the person I play with just gets smashed at while I get nothing. As you stated for the tour, it flexes too much and doesn't rebound in time.

IMO if the superlite was stiffer then Carlton would have an amazing racket. I'm also not a fan of the ridiculously long handle on the racket. As it is it is still good, just not as good as the older airblade superlites, although I'm now overflexing those as well. Suppose that's what comes of improving.

One big advantage Carlton have is that there headlight rackets are actually headlight, head heavy, heavy. Unlike Yonex, the nanospeed series is NOT headlight (IMO!)

I hope all brands get better coverage, not just Carlton. It's nice for consumers if companies are in competition, they step their game up and we get more nice products to try! Also more variety, which can get confusing...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The flexibility didn't strike me immediately as a problem like it did with the Vapour Trail Tour; as I said in the review though, I didn't get chance to hit with the VT S-lite for very long so perhaps if I'd have hit with it for longer, I would have noticed the flexibility more. I'll probably hit with it again sometime next week and I'll post my findings for you.

The S-lite definitely seems to be suited towards the more defensive, control oriented players so I wouldn't say it was really a racket for me. I found hitting clears to be OK but I didn't get chance to really unload on many smashes whilst testing it so maybe that will be where the S-lite comes unstuck and shows me that it's too flexible.

I'm being cautious about giving you a definitive opinion as yet (sorry for my slightly evasive answer) but I really don't want to type something up now only to completely contradict it in a few day's time once I've spent more time with the VT S-lite. Have you tried the VT Elite yet? It seems like it would be racket that's to your liking.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rather strangely, Carlton are way overrepresented in Ireland. More people here have Carlton than Yonex.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Carlton and Yonex are about the only brands you can buy in shops here.

When I was playing in the 80's there were more Carlton than Yonex, but now with the influx of Asian players it's the other way around now.

When I enquired about the VT series when it first came out, the local distros didn't know what I was talking about.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice rackets!

Anybody think that this models Trail Tour ST-Tour performs better than Victor, Forza??

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    The basic difference is Vapour Trail is a control/power racket with the optimetric headshape/bi-axial dynamics and Air Rage is the power racket with the isometric headshape / aero slim frame profile.
    Did you test AIR Range Tour model compare to Vapour Trail.

I like power-smash and control. I play single and I like a racket which is easy to handle and gives you power , speed, smash with not much effort needed - I do not have strong arm and wrist.

Regards

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you play with a Carlton VT Tour/Elite in Asia , you will be treated like royalty as everyone would ask you to lend your racket to them for a few hit. It is so hard to get a decent Carlton within s.e asia ! also I was surprise of how many people on other courts know about VT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cayzi View Post
    Did you test AIR Range Tour model compare to Vapour Trail.

I like power-smash and control. I play single and I like a racket which is easy to handle and gives you power , speed, smash with not much effort needed - I do not have strong arm and wrist.

Regards
    I didn't get chance to test the Air Rage Tour but I'll see if I can later in the week. If I do try it out, I'll post my findings here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All of this is super informative...I'm wondering if anyone has experienced the Airblade, Powerblade and Vapour Trail Tour? I couldn't stand the Airblade, and am currently using the Powerblade Tour. I'm more of a control than power player, although I tend to play more at the back of the court (odd mix I know), so I'm also quite a defensive player.
    From what I'm reading, the VT seems like it would be a good move, but if there's not a huge difference between it and the Powerblade I could probably hold off for a while...
    Thanks for any comments you may have!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a great racket to use!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just wanted to say this.

Before this racket I bought AT900T 3U/3G and it just feels great and after using it at 2 game my game improved right away. I really felt that I'm connected with a racket.

Then I took kBrave and Vapour Trail Tour racket and start playing with it. It feels good, it feels light, a lot more arm power-swing to get same power as AT900T is having but defense and net shots was easy but not much different as AT900T.

What I want to ask Easy Tiger in this case is , do you find yourself easy to use two such a different racket. I'm thinking to sell Vapour Trail Tour and buy-try something different. I guess Elite would be to stiff for me?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't compare the VTT with the VTE because I haven't used it, but it seems to me inline with other singles-orientated rackets like the AT700. Sounds to me like you like head-heavy rackets so take your pick I guess.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

VTT is just greast racket to use. Light good control and great power as well.

Can someone tell me how stiff is Elite because I would like to buy it as well. Some says that Elite is more stiff and hard to use compare to Tour.

Regards.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will these rackets ever appear in shops in north america or canada?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cayzi View Post
    VTT is just greast racket to use. Light good control and great power as well.

Can someone tell me how stiff is Elite because I would like to buy it as well. Some says that Elite is more stiff and hard to use compare to Tour.

Regards.
    Stiffness is all relative really - what you define as stiff may not be the same as what I define as stiff. The Elite is a lot stiffer than the Tour though. If you struggle with stiff, relatively heavy rackets, the Elite probably isn't for you. On the other hand, if you like rackets with stiff shafts and a fair bit of weight, the VT Elite is probably right up your street. I can't imagine it being easy to transition from such a light, flexible racket like the VTT to what is essentially the opposite with the VTE.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Danstevens View Post
    Stiffness is all relative really - what you define as stiff may not be the same as what I define as stiff. The Elite is a lot stiffer than the Tour though. If you struggle with stiff, relatively heavy rackets, the Elite probably isn't for you. On the other hand, if you like rackets with stiff shafts and a fair bit of weight, the VT Elite is probably right up your street. I can't imagine it being easy to transition from such a light, flexible racket like the VTT to what is essentially the opposite with the VTE.
    I like to play with AT900T and VTT. Both are good is some ways and I like to play both.

So it that means that VTE would be great for me.

I think that VTT and VTE are more racket where you use wrist for power. Because my wrist is not so strong I think that I will like VTT more.

VTE is more head heavy and stiff but I think this is more a racket to be compared with Yonex Z-slash???

Thanks for your additional inputs ...

Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast