User Tag List

Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by quezac View Post
    Several reviewers have questioned the power of the VTT, and although I'm no beginer I'm certaily no expert and am therefore more inclined towards iso rather than optometric (for the bigger sweet spot), that's why I'd like to find out more about the Air Rage Tour.
    (french!).
    Ahh, I've seen the so-called 'optometric' and I personally don't see much difference, but I guess it's different for everyone. I'm certainly no expert either! But apparently it means the sweetspot moves slightly higher and doesn't actually decrease the real size of usable sweetspot...again it all depends on personal preference I'd guess. That price for a VTT is definitely good - I'd try and test the racket out and see for yourself because it's the only way to be sure and you might find it's the best racket you've ever used.

I've tried looking for reviews of the Air Rage Tour on the net, but can't find anything. As I'm sure you know, it's rated Medium/Stiff and Medium Balance with 87g weight, which sounds pretty standard all round. It sounds a good price too. What other rackets can you get around there?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's only a couple of sports shops near here (it's very rural, every other person is a farmer!), and the choice is very limited. For an intermediate or + player perhaps a couplle of Yonex and a couple of Babolat and they ask top dollar. Most people buy online (so it's very hit or miss (groan) ), and almost allways buy Yonex or Babolat. I've had a hit with a few and nothing's jumped out as being at all interesting. Lots of people at BC are talking about APACS/SOTX etc. and what good value for money they are, but is there a good model for me? Tried asking for advice but I think my post was badly worded so I've had no replys. I think I'll ask again with a more specific question.
    Back to the VTT, I'm guessing the reviews were done with the stock strings (which aren't good), and it's so light that with a restring and some tape to protect the strings adding a gram or 2 to the head the power could be greatly increased. If no one gives me a strong push towards another racket I think I'll be going for the VTT.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ahh that's unlucky! There are very few shops where I live in England (York) so I stick to online and people's advice - usually it's hit and miss like you though, which can be frustrating. I've never had a racket I just love 100%, but I've never spent big bucks either. I don't believe spending loads will mean I get a great racket that feels perfect though, especially as I'm not that advanced! However, I am interested in this Vapour Trail Elite at the price offered by my coach and it did feel quite good in the palm initially so I'm looking forward to Friday testing session. Plus, if I don't like it I can sell for my money back easy enough I'm sure!
    As for SOTX and APACS I looked at them a lot and they get great reviews. Ashaway and Forza are fairly highly regarded by whoever I've played with too (including our group coach). Just depends on the balance and weight you like I guess.. You sound like you want something more powerful and head heavy than you currently have, but still light and not specifically head heavy?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You've hit the nail on the head, both for what I'm looking for "something more powerful and head heavy than you(I) currently have(air rage s-lite), but still light and not specifically head heavy", and that in the end my choice will be "hit and miss", let's hope it's a hit this time.
    I'd be interested to know how your first proper session with the VTE goes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll definitely put a quick review on here if I get the chance and I get enough playtime. I'll also be having a quick go with the VTT too. Looking at the Air Rage Tour it seems it'd be what you're after..more even balance (S Lite is more headlight), supposedly suitable for hard hitters and all round players alike, same length as your S Lite, only slightly heavier overall to pack more punch, and a stiffer shaft. All would suggest it's what you're after..though whether it's 'The One' is another thing I guess. I still wouldn't forget the Vapour Trails as I don't think the slightly narrower head shape will have any negative impact, but I'll let you know on Friday hopefully

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I own both the VTT and the VTE.

VTT is my current racket, I guess it is medium-stiff and a lightly head heavy but not by much.
    With the VTE, you feel the head heaviness compared to the VTT and you need to get used to the stiffness. It is too stiff to my liking and I end up having pain in my arm.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do you think of the VTT? and what's your style/level of play?
    I think I'd have similar problems with the VTE, I don't lack brute strength, but for some reason when arm is raised my wrist technique fails me (old age I guess!).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The VTT is my go to racket.
    I am playing mainly mixed doubles and men doubles and I like moving my opponents around with dropshots, lifts, net play.
    My smash is not too bad but missing a bit of power to really be a killer.
    I guess I am more of an intermediate player. My play level should be like a C in french ranking I guess.

I started playing 3 years ago having played tennis for 20 years and squash for 3 years so my playing style is a mix of these 3 sports.

I tried the Panda Power T2 but it is too stiff for me.
    VTE is too stiff and head heavy for me.

I am going to try the Panda Power Precision tonight which should be more like a head heavy VTT.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, I think lot of the reviews on this site are excelent but done by advanced/expert players, which I'm not (unfortunately).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

i too prefer the VTT instead of the VTE. the VTT is much more versatile, can be offensive and defensive, can play singles as well as doubles. the feeling is alive and manuverable.

the VTE is too stiff for most of us.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And for the price (79 euros) the VTT is a very good bargain

Go for it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Flixor View Post

Go for it.
    If I like the VTT or VTE on Friday (which I assume I will), then I'll be getting it for around 50-60 hopefully, or 59-69 euros I don't think my coach has the racket covers for them, but I don't need them so it's all good! I really hope I'm not disappointed with the rackets.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    i too prefer the VTT instead of the VTE. the VTT is much more versatile, can be offensive and defensive, can play singles as well as doubles. the feeling is alive and manuverable.

the VTE is too stiff for most of us.
    Kwun, if the VTE is too stiff for most of us (which most likely includes me because I'm not massively strong), then can you recommend another head heavy racket that isn't too heavy overall and not very expensive? I looked at the Armortec 600, but I just can't justify spending that much money yet. I was thinking of an Ashaway possibly because they have a lot of head heavy rackets in various flexibilities for a more sensible price. The main reason I was looking at the VTE was because I can save so much money on it from my coach. He does have the VTT too, but I don't believe it's head heavy?
    Anyway, I hope you get a chance to reply, or anyone else for that matter.. thanks all!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Jin,

try the VTT first. it is a good racket. if you don't like it, let us know why and we can figure out the rest.

if you can get it for 50-60 that's a excellent deal.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok Kwun, I will do. Thanks for the advice Thanks to everyone else discussing this topic too, especially the people who admit they're more intermediate/casual level like myself!

On another note, I booked my tickets for the Yonex All Englands in March 2011 and I'm pretty excited. Kind of wish it was now so I could try and negotiate a deal or 2! Ah well

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Flixor View Post

Go for it.
    You're right, 79 euros is a good deal for the VTT, I can't wait any longer, I'm going to buy it.
    The seller bad.fr says 5-10 days delivery, god I hate waiting.
    I'll post my thoughts when I've had the chance to have a go.
    Thanks everyone for your input.
    Last edited by quezac; 11-24-2010 at 06:41 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got one command from them under 2 days

It is usually a fast delivery.

Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast