User Tag List

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheNotoriousLIG View Post
    Mx80 is supposed to be stiffer but imo it was more forgiving than the VTE with same strings and tension.
    I agree. I tested VTE yesterday. There's so such thing as forgiveness when it comes to VTE, very difficult racket, definitely not for me and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone at intermediate level. It has absolutely nothing in common with VTT, totally different beast.
    Having used MX80 for a few months, VTE is heavier and feels as stiff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yh, it takes a lot of getting used to but I think its worth it. But even now, there are times when I feel like I can't properly use the racquet. These moments are rare but its worth noting nonetheless, this is not a racquet for just picking up and playing with, like the n90, vtzf, arc z-slash etc, it will take time to get used to, its up to you whether you think its worth it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How many versions of the Vapour Trail Elite have been released? As far as I am aware there seems to be 2, the original gold one that was released several years ago and a predominately silver looking one. Did Carlton release a third re-vamp? I only ask because I recently ordered a VTE and I am not entirely sure which version it is. I know that it is not the original gold one.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think there is a third one already with more gold in the paintjob? Or could just be the lighting ...
    You should just post a pic of yours .
    Last edited by demolidor; 03-18-2013 at 08:56 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by allyjack110 View Post
    How many versions of the Vapour Trail Elite have been released? As far as I am aware there seems to be 2, the original gold one that was released several years ago and a predominately silver looking one. Did Carlton release a third re-vamp? I only ask because I recently ordered a VTE and I am not entirely sure which version it is. I know that it is not the original gold one.
    My new toys; arrived this afternoon. Two rackets for 110.00.

Name:  2013-03-19 13.22.51.jpg
Views: 852
Size:  85.6 KB

Name:  DSCF3174.jpg
Views: 784
Size:  114.0 KBName:  DSCF3175.jpg
Views: 790
Size:  109.4 KB
    Last edited by allyjack110; 03-19-2013 at 08:34 AM.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is the second/2011 one yes . There is some vage picture on the Carlton website for the Elite that might be the next one [or as said might be the lighting?]

Name:  vapour_trail_elite_1.png
Views: 780
Size:  117.3 KB

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Vapour Trail Elite is by far the stiffest racket I have ever owned / played with. I just had them both newly restrung with BG-65ti at 25lbs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where did you buy these?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob mm View Post
    Where did you buy these?
    isportstore.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread.

Has anyone tried the 2011 and 2013 versions of the Carlton Vapour Trail Tour?

Got the 2011 version cheap (sportsdirect) and wanted to get a second one, but it's no longer available at that price. Now tempted to get the 2013 version, but will miss the shininess.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The 2011 version is a damn nice racket. Don't know how the 2013 version is though.

Directsports still has the 2011 for under a hundred bucks though.
    Last edited by Maklike Tier; 09-25-2013 at 06:18 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lillywhites in central London has VTT 2011 and VT S-lite at clearance prices of gbp 45 and 32 respectively. Some bigger Direct Sports owned shops may have similar stocks too. Elite and Razor 1.1 are around 55.
    Carlton has come up with replacements for almost their entire line plus the three new Kinesis - may explain these prices on the old models.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The usual practice of Carlton is to gradually downgrade their ranges when they introduce a new series.

Aeroblade >> Powerblade >> Fireblade >> Vapour Trail >> Razor >> Kinesis over the years. My colleague has bought the VT Elite recently, I will try to have a few hits with it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by meteor View Post
    Lillywhites in central London has VTT 2011 and VT S-lite at clearance prices of gbp 45 and 32 respectively. Some bigger Direct Sports owned shops may have similar stocks too. Elite and Razor 1.1 are around 55.
    Carlton has come up with replacements for almost their entire line plus the three new Kinesis - may explain these prices on the old models.
    Yes, that's where I picked up my VTT for 42. I went back to search through the back of the racks for more without any luck. Also, I've searched through High Holborn, St Pauls and Oxford Plaza sportsdirect too . VTE are 49.99 and Razor 1.1 are 59.99 and can still be purchased through their website.

As a comparison directbadminton has the VTT 2011 for 67, which isn't appealing after what I paid for mine. Also, with the freebies for the VTT 2013, it makes it almost similar in price to the 2011, so in the event I cannot find another VTT 2011 in sportsdirect, I will probably buy a 2013 version instead.

Anyway still got a couple more sportsdirect shops to go!
    Last edited by Rimano; 09-26-2013 at 07:18 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rimano View Post
    Also, I've searched through High Holborn, St Pauls and Oxford Plaza sportsdirect too . VTE are 49.99 and Razor 1.1 are 59.99 and can still be purchased through their website.
    Back from my lunch break, bought a VTT Elite from Oxford Plaza Direct Sports )) 49.99 - pure impulse buy, or even worse, I tried it before and wasn't that convinced. Thought it was like a Victor MX80 with a higher swing weight. Very difficult beast. But at this price it's worth another chance or perhaps just a hook on the wall. I love the looks of this racket!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by meteor View Post
    Back from my lunch break, bought a VTT Elite from Oxford Plaza Direct Sports )) 49.99 - pure impulse buy, or even worse, I tried it before and wasn't that convinced. Thought it was like a Victor MX80 with a higher swing weight. Very difficult beast. But at this price it's worth another chance or perhaps just a hook on the wall. I love the looks of this racket!
    Yeah, I'm loving the look of the older VT series. I also took the chance to look at the VTT 2013 whilst in Lilywhites. There are triangular patterns of clear coat in the shaft, where you can see the woven vectran.

Good luck with the VTE, at least if you love it, there's plenty around to buy a second one!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think airblade 37 is more stiff than VT Elite. if you have chance please try them on the same time.

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast