Hoping for more accuracy and consistency in the notifications

Discussion in 'Melbourne University Badminton Club' started by crushedguava, May 9, 2009.

1. crushedguava

crushedguava New Member

I noticed recently that there has been a lack of accuracy in the notifications regarding session changes. This is made worse by the fact that the club has 2 ways of notifying people of changes (via emails and the club website).

A good example is on the notification dated April 29 on the club website. In there, it says that the session on 9 May 2009 has been canceled. But in the same post, further down, it says, in bold, "The Saturday 08/May/2009 session is still on."

Confusion! There is no Saturday 8 May 2009! Was there a session yesterday or not? Did I miss out?

For the post on May 5th 2009, regarding the session cancellation for 9 August 2009, which is three months away, just minor mistakes regarding 'am' and 'pm'. '1am to 5pm' and '12am'.

I just hope that there will be a reminder of this change closer to the date in August as a lot of people don't plan their badminton sessions 3 months ahead.

I recommend that notifications on the website and via emails be exactly the same (the latest email mentioned some dinner, which is also mentioned here in the forums, but the website had no such information), i.e. copy and paste, with some proofreading before hand to be absolutely sure the dates and times are correct. This will hopefully avoid further confusion and make it easier for us members to plan our time around the sessions. =)

Thanks,
    Jian Wey

2. MUBC Secretary

MUBC Secretary Regular Member

Hi Jian Wey,

Sorry about the confusion. Your point is well taken. We will try not to make the same mistake again.

Thank you.

MUBC Secretary.