yang yang tactic 9000

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by thevin77, Sep 12, 2002.

1. thevin77

thevin77 Regular Member

teacher
    Hi everyone,

i have an interesting question for you guys. Currently i am using a 1978 Carbonex 7 and Cab8. I am thinking of accquiring a new racket.

My choices are:

1) Yang yang tactic 9000, the latest in the tactic family.made out of Kevlar boron, great control and power. has a wide body frame and heavy head.

2)Yang Yang tactic 5000, unique head, the lower head is normal but the upper head is wide body...good for smashing. rare racket couse its always sold-out.

3) Cab 21 special. my friend is using it, the cheapo verision of cab21 but its working fine for him. kinda fragile too. said to be manufactured in indonesia, but the is also the older taiwan verision which is much expensive.

I hope that you guys could help me cuz i am having a headache choosing one. thank you.

thevin. :)

2. yonexfanatic

yonexfanatic Regular Member

ehh....tactic 9000 has been out for over 2 and a half years...maybe more...i've owned one for 2 years.. and i've also owned a tactic 8500 which is just a little lighter than 9000. If i were you, out of the three choices you've list, i'd go with the 9000 i guess. It carries power if you have the technique and it's a pretty good price...135 CDN.

good luck with choosing

3. trademarxz

trademarxz Regular Member

hi there

yeah, i was looking for a racket myself, bought a cab8toursp....kinda heavy but cheap ...man!

i'd go for the tactic9000 also, it is said to be very menuvarable....light weight,very good for defence and also attack when you need it.

but if you got the money...go for the yonex Ti series....

4. yonexfanatic

yonexfanatic Regular Member

yes...i agree...if u got the money, get something in the yonex ti series. I own the yonex iso ti swing...now that's good stuff

5. double

double Regular Member

Hi thevin77,

I've sent PM to you, did you get the message?

6. plaYer

plaYer Regular Member

I like my tactic 9000. It's definitely more flexible than the yonex mp 100 or even the 90 i feel. But it has amazing balance. It feels extremely different in my hands than the yonex racquets. Very very responsive racquets. This is more of a tactical smashing racquet i feel. Not for overwhelming opponents with pure power or for using racquet heaviness to overcome weak backhand clears.

But if you have the skill, this racquet really comes alive in your hand. I strung it with bg 85 at 24 and when i play with it (i use it and my mp 90 interchangeably) i'm still amazed at how responsive it is. the response is very consistent and flat - it's like the racquet has no personality to add to shots, you get exactly what you put in. I can see why so many top players used to use it.

i know i'm too excited about it, but really a first class racquet. Then again, the mp 90's not shabby either, but look at the price difference !!

7. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    I have a Yangyang Tactic 8500. It's a little bit lighter than 9000. Like a lot of ppl said, Tactic 9000 have come out for more than 2 yrs already, and have been very popular in certain area(s).

Tactic 9000 is a very good racket for overall players, who like offense and defense combined. However, if you are a "pure" offensive player, than, it may not suit for you. I heard that 8500 is a little bit more "head heavier", which gives a little bit more power, but I never used 9000 before. I can't verify if that's true or not.

Base on all the reviews I read, and my own experience with 8500, I think either 9000 or 8500 will be a very good choice. (plus, in US they have the same price)

8. jwu

jwu Regular Member

Medical Research
    Thinking of picking up Tactic 9000 and just want to know what do you mean when you said it may not suit "pure offense". Do you mean that the racquet doesn't have enough power?

9. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer

No. To me, Tactic 8500 (very similar to 9000, but a little bit more head heavy) has enough power already. Even though, I don't smash that much, if it's necessary, I still can have a good smash to knock opponent out right there.

What I mean by "pure offense" is "hard smasher". It you are a hard hitter, u may find out Tactic 9000 kinda lack of the "explosive power".

I believe that Tactic 8500 is a little bit more head heavy compare to 9000, also 6500 and 3500 are more fit for offensive player.

Therefore, I believe 3500/6500 fit more for smasher, 8500/9000 fit more for overall player.

PS: If u really want to try Tactic 8500/9000, maybe 8500 is a slight better choice.

10. jwu

jwu Regular Member

Medical Research
    Hmm, I think I might just wait a couple weeks until I can demo yours then. :D Thanks.

11. modious

modious Regular Member

thevin77, how much is the Yang Yang Tatic 9000 in Malaysia?
    I've wanted to get that racket actually.... but I can't find it in Singapore! Same for the high end Gosen rackets!

12. thevin77

thevin77 Regular Member

teacher
    hi there modious,
    the tactic 9000 is about $239 here in malaysia but i think u can get it cheaper in the US.. and what's the problem with getting high end gosen rackets?? but if ya ask me, always stick to the good stuff which is YONEX!!!!!!!! i would rate yang yang rackets second after yonex, and wilson too.

13. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Yangyang tactic 9000 and 8500 both $89 in US market.

I have a YangYang tactic 8500 and Yonex Cab20MS. Personally, I consider these 2 rackets are very similar, both are good overall racket with nice control and decent power.

14. atj_w

atj_w Regular Member

Hi modious, I saw the Yang Yang Tactic 9000 at the shop in Tampines Sports Hall, I think it was S$169 on the price tag. I think I saw a Yang Yang Tactic 8500 too.

Might not be there anymore as I saw it about a month back.