User Tag List

Page 10 of 54 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aramistuscany View Post
    I am putting the N90 acquisition on hold as I am still unwilling to pay $390 for a racquet. So I have plunked my cash on a Gosen Roots Aermet Platinum Limited Edition and a Mizuno Tetracross 700 instead. My first non-Yonex racquets
    Would be interested to hear soem experience with the Goosen Roots Aermet Platinum.. looks interesting.. The TC700 of course is amazing !!!

/Twobeer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by twobeer View Post
    Would be interested to hear soem experience with the Goosen Roots Aermet Platinum.. looks interesting.. The TC700 of course is amazing !!!

/Twobeer
    My Gosen Roots Aermet Platinum is still unstrung. All I can say now is the racquet and the racquet sleeve bag that comes with it is gorgeous. Gosen makes a really good job of making it like a Limited Edition. Yonex could learn a thing or two from them for their limited edition stuff; at least for their distribution for the SP market.

My Mizuno Tetracross 700 is still on its way from Hong Kong.
    Last edited by aramistuscany; 06-24-2009 at 04:04 AM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Go away, you thread saboteurs, to another thread!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldhand View Post
    Go away, you thread saboteurs, to another thread!
    So true!! Guess it is just to take my mind of the the deep whole in my wallet the unavoidable N90 purchase will dig

/T

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

So true!! Guess it is just to take my mind of the the deep whole in my wallet the unavoidable N90 purchase will dig

/T
    So, how many TC700s will an N90 buy?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How fickle minded can we get? Yesterday it was all Yonex and Yonex only. Apparently, Li Ning knows all about this, and he has "doubled his bets" by doubling his price-and won! Had Li Ning positioned his top racquets at Yonex prices the "crossover" might have got stuck somewhere in the middle.
    Now Li Ning is the leader. But the runner up is so far behind he can no longer be seen. This cycle only feeds itself. More will jump ship-you may wait and wait but you will succumb sooner or later and buy that damn Li Ning stuff.
    Do you know that there are a few unknown Chinese brands that are close to the top Li Ning racquets?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by taneepak View Post
    How fickle minded can we get? Yesterday it was all Yonex and Yonex only. Apparently, Li Ning knows all about this, and he has "doubled his bets" by doubling his price-and won! Had Li Ning positioned his top racquets at Yonex prices the "crossover" might have got stuck somewhere in the middle.
    Now Li Ning is the leader. But the runner up is so far behind he can no longer be seen. This cycle only feeds itself. More will jump ship-you may wait and wait but you will succumb sooner or later and buy that damn Li Ning stuff.
    Do you know that there are a few unknown Chinese brands that are close to the top Li Ning racquets?
    Hold on, are we talking about badminton here?
    If yes, then where exactly is Li Ning the leader?
    In China?
    Ha!

You also might want to read this:
    http://www.businessweek.com/magazine...3051446468.htm

Although a year old, it gives a clear picture of where Li Ning went wrong and what it has been trying to do to salvage its pride and lost business. Much of the marketing thrust it has developed in the post-Beijing-Olympics period has been oriented on its plans for the world.

Perhaps, for size, Li Ning should try Asia first.
    The world seems a bit too large for them at the moment

By the way, I have no idea who is succumbing to Li Ning.
    If it's Singapore, Li Ning has sold three racquets so far.

As for racquet bags, the entire sales so far amounts to 'one bag'.
    You can have a look at that one bag here:
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...01&postcount=9

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldhand View Post
    So, how many TC700s will an N90 buy?
    haha :-).. using a car analogy... I would never give a way any of my Veyrons to buy a Königsegg

/Twobeer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^
    errr exactly 2,27 pc Tetracross 700 for 1pc Li Ning N90........and both are discount price

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If we would have known about them, they would not be "unkown"

/Twobeer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

/Twobeer
    Yes I would be interested to know of the "few unknown Chinese brands that are close to the top Li Ning racquets" myself. Me being a badminton ignoramus here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like the term "paper-tiger marketing"

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

/Twobeer
    I think he means the E-1000...

And yes, i am not helping...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are many racquet manufacturers in China who can make very good racquets. It is not that difficult because it merely requires they buy better and more expensive prepreg. But manufacturers with a small marketing presence cannot afford to make these high quality racquets because their names are unknown, hence they make bread and butter racquets in which they sell by the thousands. There are still a few small ones that still stubbornly maintain at least one top quality grade which hardly sells, although they survive this cut-throat business by selling large volumes of lower end racquets.
    I have with me 3 of such racquets, two of the same model and the other model is more of an attacking racquet. I can say they outgun the AT-700, ARC 10, AT-900s, AT800s, and the NXs, MP100, MP99 by quite a wide margin. A visual inspection and some testing of the racquets also tend to confirm this. Yes, there is a simple test using both hands to do a comparative A/B test between two racquets. It gives you a pretty good picture of the frame's materials youngs modulus, not its tensile strength. It requires a strung racquet for a more accurate check.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are many racquet manufacturers in China who can make very good racquets. It is not that difficult because it merely requires they buy better and more expensive prepreg. But manufacturers with a small marketing presence cannot afford to make these high quality racquets because their names are unknown, hence they make bread and butter racquets in which they sell by the thousands. There are still a few small ones that still stubbornly maintain at least one top quality grade which hardly sells, although they survive this cut-throat business by selling large volumes of lower end racquets.
    I have with me 3 of such racquets, two of the same model and the other model is more of an attacking racquet. I can say they outgun the AT-700, ARC 10, AT-900s, AT800s, and the NXs, MP100, MP99 by quite a wide margin. A visual inspection and some testing of the racquets also tend to confirm this. Yes, there is a simple test using both hands to do a comparative A/B test between two racquets. It gives you a pretty good picture of the frame's materials youngs modulus, not its tensile strength. It requires a strung racquet for a more accurate check.
    the part u don't understand is, who want those superior rackets?????? I'll give u the answer: those solid B+ and better players who can make use and can feel the difference of rackets made with expensive materials AND have the money to afford them. U see, +90% of the players out there are i would say B level and lower AND/OR don't have 300 USD pocket change lying around. The successful (ie. profitable) companies understand this and cater all spectrum of users. A good racket is a racket that suit the user, not the one made with the best and most expensive carbon fiber/materials.

Tell me, how many people out there own a woven 16 compared to say a less expensive SOTX? Answer: http://www.badmintonforum.com/forums...ad.php?t=45337
    Last edited by cooler; 06-24-2009 at 12:12 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As for racquet bags, the entire sales so far amounts to 'one bag'.
    Hmmm .... there was a European guy sitting in front of me at the SG Aviva open who also bought a Li-ning bag. It was gold and black.

So with Oldhand's red one - that makes 2!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a N70, so 4 rackets sold, but than I'm in Canada

Page 10 of 54 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast