User Tag List

Page 11 of 54 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 187 of 907
  1. #171
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    6,527
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    There is a diminishing value or quality for money return on racquets that are heavily sponsored. A top Li Ning racquet surely is not twice the quality of a top Yonex or other brand racquets. Had Li Ning not secured the sponsorship of the Chinese national team-and they did it by customizing their range to individual players!-their RMB 1,800 racquets wouldn't even sell for RMB 500. They would gather dust just like those other unknown manufacturers who, through pride, still maintain a flagship model or two.

  2. #172
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,271
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jasonvan View Post
    I have a N70, so 4 rackets sold, but than I'm in Canada
    didnt you get yours from Bbeshop? Thats in China/ Hong Kong. so, not the same. oh well.

  3. #173
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    46
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    hey taneepak and oldhand,what is the maximum tension the woods90 racket can take?and foes Li Ning rackets come with warranty or anthing?thanks

  4. #174
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by jjlow View Post
    hey taneepak and oldhand,what is the maximum tension the woods90 racket can take?and foes Li Ning rackets come with warranty or anthing?thanks



    I bought N70 last week and my friend bought N90 from Queensway. We got 15% discount with grip,string and free stringing. I think this offer was quite reasonable.
    Both rackets came with one 3 in 1 bag which is smaller version of China team bag.
    We got it strung at 27 pnd. but the owner told me the rackets could be strung above 30 pnd.

    There is 6 months warranty.The warranty system is something like warranty for eletronic items.

    Though the price was above my budget, One thing I must say the feeling and the power of the racket is really amazing.

  5. #175
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    46
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael 09 View Post
    I bought N70 last week and my friend bought N90 from Queensway. We got 15% discount with grip,string and free stringing. I think this offer was quite reasonable.
    Both rackets came with one 3 in 1 bag which is smaller version of China team bag.
    We got it strung at 27 pnd. but the owner told me the rackets could be strung above 30 pnd.

    There is 6 months warranty.The warranty system is something like warranty for eletronic items.

    Though the price was above my budget, One thing I must say the feeling and the power of the racket is really amazing.
    i see...cos i string my rackets quite high and not sure if the Li Ning racket can take the tension.thanks!

  6. #176
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Canada, BC, GVA
    Posts
    952
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Not ready to get suckered into Li-Ning's marketing....Maybe I'll see if I can get a free one from my friend's baddy store in China.

  7. #177
    Moderator Oldhand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    7,328
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jjlow View Post
    i see...cos i string my rackets quite high and not sure if the Li Ning racket can take the tension.thanks!
    Unless you are stringing at above 36 pounds, most top-end racquets can take the tension.

    The question is: Can you?

  8. #178
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    97
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    is that li ning rackets? :O
    http://www.badmintonshoponline.us/un...915d1dd1e88b49


    so expensive =(

  9. #179
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,271
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    wow. that kinda just crushed my want of a li ning racket.
    on the other hand, twobeer will be leased to know you can get the TC700 at a decent price.

  10. #180
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    46
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oldhand View Post
    Unless you are stringing at above 36 pounds, most top-end racquets can take the tension.

    The question is: Can you?
    haha.cos i string at 36lbs.and the woods90 have not have a stated recommended tension on the racket.i agree that most top-end rackets can take 36lbs BUT not regularly.yonex if string at 36lbs will break after around 3 restrings.

  11. #181
    Moderator Oldhand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    7,328
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jjlow View Post
    haha.cos i string at 36lbs.and the woods90 have not have a stated recommended tension on the racket.i agree that most top-end rackets can take 36lbs BUT not regularly.yonex if string at 36lbs will break after around 3 restrings.
    Not really.

    Until recently, Thomas Laybourn was using the Nanospeed 8000.
    He has rarely lost a racquet because of repeated stringing.
    In fact, he would restring several times during a tournament.
    (Of course, if the stringer isn't up to par, the result would be different.)

    And, yes, he uses 36 pounds

  12. #182
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    3,989
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oldhand View Post
    Not really.

    Until recently, Thomas Laybourn was using the Nanospeed 8000.
    He has rarely lost a racquet because of repeated stringing.
    In fact, he would restring several times during a tournament.
    (Of course, if the stringer isn't up to par, the result would be different.)

    And, yes, he uses 36 pounds
    NS8000/3U used to be my main racket, and I can just say NO way in hell the NS8Ks yonex sold me would hold up acceptable at "real" non-proportional 36lbs stringing.

    Five of my NS8K/3Us even imploded in the stringing machine at 32lbs. Never expereinced that with other models.

    Maybe if he had some special DP-serial/QC, 2U NS8ks of the newer 8K version (brown/gold) ..but original 3Us.. no f-ing way, imop

    /Twobeer

    P.S. some club players i know that ar ns8k users break about 1 NS8k every second month or so (clashes excluded) and it is the "new" model.. The main reason here for NS8K users to switch racket is usually beacuse they feel it breaks to easy :-(

    P.P.S.
    Sorry for being off topic (but the mod started it :-D :-D ... )
    I have just ordered my first Li Ning.. could not resist.... :-D
    Last edited by twobeer; 06-27-2009 at 10:53 AM.

  13. #183
    Moderator Oldhand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    7,328
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by twobeer View Post
    NS8000/3U used to be my main racket, and I can just say NO way in hell the NS8Ks yonex sold me would hold up acceptable at "real" non-proportional 36lbs stringing.

    Five of my NS8K/3Us even imploded in the stringing machine at 32lbs. Never expereinced that with other models.

    Maybe if he had some special DP-serial/QC, 2U NS8ks of the newer 8K version (brown/gold) ..but original 3Us.. no f-ing way, imop

    /Twobeer

    P.S. some club players i know that ar ns8k users break about 1 NS8k every second month or so (clashes excluded) and it is the "new" model.. The main reason here for NS8K users to switch racket is usually beacuse they feel it breaks to easy :-(

    P.P.S.
    Sorry for being off topic (but the mod started it :-D :-D ... )
    I have just ordered my first Li Ning.. could not resist.... :-D
    See this: http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...&postcount=103
    One of the paper wraps says it all.

    I could dig out the high-resolution picture or maybe even a close shot.
    Those 2008 pictures are in my old, disconnected desktop PC

  14. #184
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    vancouver
    Posts
    668
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by twobeer View Post
    NS8000/3U used to be my main racket, and I can just say NO way in hell the NS8Ks yonex sold me would hold up acceptable at "real" non-proportional 36lbs stringing.

    Five of my NS8K/3Us even imploded in the stringing machine at 32lbs. Never expereinced that with other models.

    Maybe if he had some special DP-serial/QC, 2U NS8ks of the newer 8K version (brown/gold) ..but original 3Us.. no f-ing way, imop

    /Twobeer

    P.S. some club players i know that ar ns8k users break about 1 NS8k every second month or so (clashes excluded) and it is the "new" model.. The main reason here for NS8K users to switch racket is usually beacuse they feel it breaks to easy :-(

    P.P.S.
    Sorry for being off topic (but the mod started it :-D :-D ... )
    I have just ordered my first Li Ning.. could not resist.... :-D
    Did you get the N90?

  15. #185
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Canada, BC, GVA
    Posts
    952
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by twobeer View Post
    P.P.S.
    Sorry for being off topic (but the mod started it :-D :-D ... )
    I have just ordered my first Li Ning.. could not resist.... :-D
    I knew it, I knew it! He can't resist on ordering one!

    Give a review after you play with it. BTW, which model did you order?

  16. #186
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    3,989
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jasonvan View Post
    Did you get the N90?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemcat View Post
    I knew it, I knew it! He can't resist on ordering one!

    Give a review after you play with it. BTW, which model did you order?
    N90 only, but will probably order the N70 as well..

    /Twobeer

  17. #187
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    3,989
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oldhand View Post
    See this: http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...&postcount=103
    One of the paper wraps says it all.

    I could dig out the high-resolution picture or maybe even a close shot.
    Those 2008 pictures are in my old, disconnected desktop PC
    I trust you, of course ;-) .. But I would still trust my own experience with the rackets than anything else anyway :-)..
    I didnt see how it was strung, and most importantly I have no idea how long the racket life was :-). was it 3U.. As i said a 2U maybe a JP, DP version would be of higher quality (more nano) in the frame?

    The MAS playres on the sheet where all 28-32 :-) with less fragile rackets :-)

    /Twobeer

Page 11 of 54 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Li-Ning N50II reviews
    By juventus1 in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 72
    : 07-22-2013, 07:25 AM
  2. li ning flame n50 reviews
    By fwchiang in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 6
    : 06-01-2013, 08:50 PM
  3. Any reviews on this racket?
    By malaysianfreak in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 1
    : 10-20-2010, 07:47 PM
  4. Any Reviews For My Racket ?
    By Paritos in forum Racket Recommendation / Comparison
    Replies: 4
    : 08-31-2007, 09:03 AM
  5. Any Reviews For My Racket ?
    By Paritos in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 0
    : 08-29-2007, 07:36 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •