User Tag List

Page 32 of 53 FirstFirst ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and quite a few of the doubles players - xu chen, cheng shu, and a few more I cant remember off the top of my hat. The N90II is used less, other than Du Jing, I've seen no one using it, and she hasn't played for ages. The N50 is pretty much the go-to doubles racket of the pros, followed by the N70.
    Thing is that Li Ning makes many high quality rackets to choose from, and there are no real breakthroughs in technology anymore, so there's a big variety and it's gonna be very hard for a racket to become a 'legend'. Whereas the aforementioned rackets were real advancements techology-wise, and there weren't many other options of the same quality, thus their popularity. Also, Yonex seems to have decided no one needs a racket like the Ti-10 anymore, as they haven't produced any racket that's got the same qualities imop. Arc10 is probably the closest, but N50 is really like an improved version of it, yet still very similar. Also, no company has such a big team of pros like Yonex did back then. Li Ning has probably the most high-level pros because China just has so many.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wasn't taking into account ofcourse the player involvement during the development which means more models suit different players already unlike before ... Can't wait till I can test every single model I want (and will probably have a few to offload left ) So far only tried N90 and N55 briefly ...
    Last edited by demolidor; 12-10-2010 at 04:12 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hehe. I'm on a good way to testing out every top-range model of the 3 big companies - I've played with every N-series racket (1st gen) except for N30 (no interest) and N55 (wasn't available for testing, and I can't afford it now), own 5 different of them (including N50II and N90II), and the only Victor/Yonex models left to test are AT900, NS9900, Arc10, and SIW35....although I'd like to get a comparison of the 3U and 4U V70. 4U is just too light - any other racket that light wouldn't perform well in singles either, I guess. So I'll reserve judgement on it's qualities until I've held a 3U version in my greedy hands
    PS: N50 is an awesome doubles racket, and N50II is pretty nice for every discipline imop. Try to test those if you have a chance to.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

N90II is being used by He Hanbin and Zheng Bo.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At least Yonex Germany will probably have imported the 3U (regarding swing weight I read there is hardly any difference between the 3 and 4U but at least you will feel like you're carying something ).
    Should have my hands on most N-series and hopefully the BP's in the period after new year's . As a Ti-10 user it's only natural to be interested in N50 . And from twobeer's comments BP300C should be interesting as well. Probably should throw some of the shoes in as well ... As for the clothing ... meh. How one can even call that a design is beyond me sometimes .
    Last edited by demolidor; 12-10-2010 at 05:31 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hm, I happen to like most of Li Ning's stuff - at least the colors aren't blinding you like Yonex's recent collection (KO, AE)....anyway, I'm gonna try to get my paws on a N55 to swing around a little, should be a good matchup since I really enjoy playing with the N50&N50II....but the 3U V70 is also very tempting. But seeing as I'm near broke now (considering I still have to get presents >_>) I'll wait with that. Customs are gonna take another kidney when my strings arrive...stupid taxes =.="

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got the N90, the N50, the N50 II, the N33, and the N70 and I have to say the best of all of these is the N50.
    The N90 is really really head heavy and too heavy for me.
    the N50 is out of all rackets the best one. I can smash soo hard and really I don't see no other racket.
    the N50 II is nice but somehow I don't like it as much as I like the N50... kinda surprised me when I played with it.
    the N33 is good but not that impressing to me.
    the N70 is the second rank racket to me. It's head heavy but not too hh. I kinda like it.

IMO:
    1: N50
    2: N70
    3: N50 II
    4: N90
    5: N33

btw: I played with YY AT-900T, AT-800D, AS-10, TI-10 (2nd), AT-700

all strung with YY BG-80 @ 28 lbs

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheetah View Post
    I got the N90, the N50, the N50 II, the N33, and the N70 and I have to say the best of all of these is the N50.
    The N90 is really really head heavy and too heavy for me.
    the N50 is out of all rackets the best one. I can smash soo hard and really I don't see no other racket.
    the N50 II is nice but somehow I don't like it as much as I like the N50... kinda surprised me when I played with it.
    the N33 is good but not that impressing to me.
    the N70 is the second rank racket to me. It's head heavy but not too hh. I kinda like it.

IMO:
    1: N50
    2: N70
    3: N50 II
    4: N90
    5: N33

btw: I played with YY AT-900T, AT-800D, AS-10, TI-10 (2nd), AT-700

all strung with YY BG-80 @ 28 lbs
    My personal rank (singles) would be:

1. N55
    2. N50-II
    3. N50
    4. BP300C
    5. N90-II
    6. N90
    7. N70
    8. N33
    9. N77
    10. N30

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by twobeer View Post
    My personal rank (singles) would be:

1. N55
    2. N50-II
    3. N50
    4. BP300C
    5. N90-II
    6. N90
    7. N70
    8. N33
    9. N77
    10. N30
    Yee I forgot to say I mostly play MD or XD.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have the N90, N70, N50 and N50II.
    My personal ranking of the above racquets (for doubles) is exactly as Cheetah's.
    1. N50
    2. N70
    3. N50II
    4. N90

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For me, the N50II ranks above the N70, and on par with the N50 in most cases as I like to smash a lot. For mixed&singles, N50II's the #1.
    Doubles:
    1. N50/N50II
    (2. Ti-10, V70, PP Precision)
    3. N70
    4. N90II
    5. N90
    Mixed/singles:
    1. N50II
    2. N50/N70
    3. N70/N90
    4. N90II
    5. N70/N50

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm... I've read all the reviews here, but seen almost nothing on N33/30. Anyone care to elaborate a little?
    Also, anyone tried a N77?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probably because the N33 isn't all that popular, and the N30 is too girly for most of the male majority here
    I hit a few shuttles with the N77 once, pretty beginner-friendly racket - medium stiff, balanced, and a bit of weight to help with the swing-through. Not so powerful compared to the other N rackets. Can't tell anything more detailed as I played less than an hour.....
    Oh, the ranking has changed btw:
    1. N70
    2. N50II
    3. N90
    4. N50 (doubles only)/N90II (doubles/mixed)
    Wondered what was up with so many Chinese playing the N70 in doubles, so I decided to invest a bit of time and train with it (singles&doubles)....it's pretty amazing how easy base-to-base clears get with this compared to the stiffer rackets. All-out smash is like 5-10% less powerful than with N50II/N90, but it's easier to get full power. When smashing with ~80% power, the N70 feels more powerful. Once I got used to gripping it higher the high BP and weight were no problem anymore - my go-to racket at the moment. Although the N50II is very very close, in fast flat doubles it's still my preference.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Confused N50/N50II/N55/N90II ... or?

Hi everybody,

this is my 1st thread here.
    I've read all the reviews several times and at the end I'm very confused.
    I'm looking for a new racket - my old one is a Yonex AT500, stiff and head heavy (which I haven't really noticed because I'm so used to it )
    Sometimes I play singles as well, but mostly I play doubles - offensively but of course here it is also included net play.
    Now I'm looking for a stiff and slightly head heavy (or maybe balanced, I don't know - maybe faster) racket. Although I first also watched the Brave Sword 10, I decided that it really should be a Li-Ning .
    But which one I should try? Maybe I could be disappointed, if I try a less powerfull racket. I'm a bit scared, if the N50II is too flexible or heavy? I could get this for a good price. I've nothing read about the N30 (ok the colour - wouldn't be my favourite)... but?

Thanks for your advice!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, the AT500 isn't really stiff, but if you like a head-heavy or balanced racket suited for doubles, you'll want to try N50, N50II, N90II.
    So, as you didn't write all too much about your style of play, you'll have to decide yourself:

N50II (~90g, BP295mm)is the most powerful of the three, being the most flexible as well. Abt. as stiff as my Z-Slash - Yonex and Li Ning ratings of stiffness are different. Medium LN rackets are all stiffer than medium Yonex in my experience.

N50 (~88g, BP290) is the fastest around the net, not lacking power, but being more controlled than the N50II and more suited for defense&drives.

N90II (~85g, BP 305-310) is the hardest to master as it's very stiff. That also means it's very controlled, great touch from anywhere on the court. To get a powerful smash, you'll need good technique and a fast, powerful swing - it might take some getting used to, coming from the AT500.

As you mentioned the N55: it feels basically like a lighter N50II. It's slightly stiffer, a bit lighter, and has a higher BP. Playing with it, it felt like a 2g lighter N50II - to get a better feeling for the difference, I'd need to play at least 4 hours with it.

To wrap it up: all of the above are usable in doubles, and all are incredible rackets if they suit you. You'll probably be the happiest if you just try them all out, there are a lot of badminton shops offering testing rackets, e.g. http://bts-sportshop.de/index.php? - just mail or call him about testing the mentioned LN rackets. If you live in northern Germany, delivery will be fast.
    Obviously, we cant predict which racket will be best for you. I can just say I prefer the N50II, and use it in singles sometimes as well, although I favor the N70 there. It's also worth a try in doubles, btw

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for your response! Maybe I was lucky with my AT500, compared with lots of other, it really is what Yonex calls stiff - but not extra stiff :-) I would be pleased, if what Li-Ning calls medium, is comparable. Thanks also for mentioning the weight of the N50II and N90II, because they aren't listed in the chart.
    Despite of its colour I'm also a bit curious about the non-mentioned N30. Mmh, on one side it is called "Flex:med" (like (N50+N55 etc) in the catalogue and on another they write it is flexible. Sometimes I can't understand, what's meant with "flex:med"
    Yes you're right, I should try out - but first I want to limit the rackets, which can anyway be a possibility.
    I know BTS - there I've bought the AT500 then :-)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As I haven't ever seen or touched the N30, I can't say anything about it "flex:med" means the flexibility of the shaft is medium. I'd guess it's a flexible racket, as it's designed for women, who normally prefer more flexible rackets (easier to generate power). 'medium' is the most popular stiffness rating, there can be huge differences between to rackets with medium flex. :/
    Hm. You already know bts....any chance you're from Hannover?^^

Page 32 of 53 FirstFirst ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... LastLast