User Tag List

Page 38 of 54 FirstFirst ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LD rules! View Post
    This explains that when I was finished with ZM62 and it broke, once I had cut it out, I inspected and I had 15 split grommets !
    Whoa! 15?? Thats hardcore...I usually only see that kinda thing when I have to restring someones 7-year-old racket....in which case it's nearly impossible to get the grommets out because they've hardened too much and feel about as flexible as a titanium pole...anyway, at which tension was it strung?? Personally, I wouldn't dare go over 28lbs because I want my strings to last more than one session

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j4ckie View Post
    Whoa! 15?? Thats hardcore...I usually only see that kinda thing when I have to restring someones 7-year-old racket....in which case it's nearly impossible to get the grommets out because they've hardened too much and feel about as flexible as a titanium pole...anyway, at which tension was it strung?? Personally, I wouldn't dare go over 28lbs because I want my strings to last more than one session
    I was amazed as well ! it was Only 24lbs (usually I use between 26-28lbs) but reduced to 24lbs due to the thin string. I don't know what grommets were used to replace them though. It was quite a few of the grommets between the 5 and 8 o clock on the racket face. The others wee reasonable, although some looked worse for wear.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LD rules! View Post
    I was amazed as well ! it was Only 24lbs (usually I use between 26-28lbs) but reduced to 24lbs due to the thin string. I don't know what grommets were used to replace them though. It was quite a few of the grommets between the 5 and 8 o clock on the racket face. The others wee reasonable, although some looked worse for wear.
    Incredible. I had only 2 split grommets so far, both on a N50II strung with AP62 (first 25, then 27lbs)...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Incredible. I had only 2 split grommets so far, both on a N50II strung with AP62 (first 25, then 27lbs)...
    Well they probably just accumulated wear as this was the 4th restring (I think) without being replaced, so they probably all went at once. Next time the string breaks, I will inspect and post a picture.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just restrung my N50 with BG68 Ti, and there was a new split grommet again! what a disappointment from Lining despite its hi-end racket being sold quite expensive!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Xero888 View Post
    N55/N55II has been said to be like an arc10. N90 for smashing.
    N55II feels far better than Arc 10

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by arfandy View Post
    I just restrung my N50 with BG68 Ti, and there was a new split grommet again! what a disappointment from Lining despite its hi-end racket being sold quite expensive!
    Look at it like this - with Li Ning rackets, it's about 1-3 split grommets per re-stringing, costing about 0,5-1 cent each, resulting in a maximum of 1,50$ per year if you break your strings often. With Yonex, it's a broken racket at least once a year, resulting in 200-300$ per year (if you string at 27lbs+).
    My N70 survived a clash with fire escape stairs with just a paint chip, while my friend's Z-Slash (NBG95@21lbs) broke on a (cleanly hit!) clear. I prefer racket durability over grommet durability
    So, just get 2 packs of grommets with different diameters of grommets from mybadmintonstore - they're really cheap, but hold up well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ah_Peng View Post
    N55II feels far better than Arc 10
    An overall improvement or just in feel cause I'm looking for something better than an Arc 10.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Strange. I can't help but wonder about the quality of the string job, at the same time knowing that can't be the reason for that many split grommets :/
    To answer your question, no, not any grommet will fit. I have three different types of grommets ready (from mybadmintonstore.com) with different diameters so I can always put in the biggest possible grommet. My advice would be not to replace the shared hole grommets unless they're completely gone - the new ones are gonna snap every time you change the string as they're (normally) not made for two strings and the resulting stress.

BTW: Using thicker strings will increase string and grommet durability very noticeably - especially the BG66 can be replaced easily with sth. thicker and equally powerful (BG80 being much better at retaining tension while providing the same touch and better power in my experience). ZM62/AP62 are always a big risk as they can split any grommet, regardless of quality, because they're just so darn thin.
    I was afraid the grommets were special and it was not just the color of the grommets. In case you doubt my stringer, I have NEVER seen broken grommets on my Yonex rackets. Some are split, but not so bad as on the Li Ning with only the first string. And since the Li Ning rackets are very rare in Europe, getting the grommets is even harder. I use NBG95 at 26 LBS BTW. It's not a very thin string. As for the racket, the N90 II is really my favorite offensieve racket. I still have no doubt about the racket itself. I'm only very disappointed in the quality, availability and uniquenes of the grommets.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Xero888 View Post
    An overall improvement or just in feel cause I'm looking for something better than an Arc 10.
    I used to have an Arc 10 briefly n sold it off coz i dun play well with it , I some how enjoy playing with the N55II more than the Arc 10 , but it's all personal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ah_Peng View Post
    I used to have an Arc 10 briefly n sold it off coz i dun play well with it , I some how enjoy playing with the N55II more than the Arc 10 , but it's all personal.
    Ah i see, unfortunately i would have to buy one then decide which of the two to sell since no one I know has the N55II or any li-ning rackets

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good luck bro , I have the feeling u will like the N55II.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To all singapore brothers and sisters, have you all been to safra tampines sports shop? I saw li ning rackets there selling very cheap. Is it original?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My advice would be not to replace the shared hole grommets unless they're completely gone - the new ones are gonna snap every time you change the string as they're (normally) not made for two strings and the resulting stress.
    N70 strung with BG80 around 24lbs
    ive tried several stringers but the effect was the same.~cracked grommets
    The worst thing about the racket at least for me are these "shared hole grommet". no idea where to find some to replace them

by the way the area between cone and shaft is also a weak point.
    it happened to me that the shaft disengage from the grip
    so much to LN

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kowang View Post
    N70 strung with BG80 around 24lbs
    ive tried several stringers but the effect was the same.~cracked grommets
    The worst thing about the racket at least for me are these "shared hole grommet". no idea where to find some to replace them

by the way the area between cone and shaft is also a weak point.
    it happened to me that the shaft disengage from the grip
    so much to LN
    Hm. You sure you got a genuine product? I've got several LN and played many many hours with them - and the worst problem I've had was a split grommet. Sure, I'm not at national level, so the stress on the racket is reduced quite a bit, but I string them with strings between 0.62 and 0.69mm and tension are 24-27lbs. My hitting action isn't exactly soft either...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yep im sure I bought it from a local shop (berlin)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

any advise how to replace share grommets? i've got bunch of grommets but none of them looks like replacement for share grommets.

Page 38 of 54 FirstFirst ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... LastLast