User Tag List

Page 42 of 54 FirstFirst ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can anyone tell me the difference between the n70 and n77 2nd gens?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j4ckie View Post
    I can't say for sure what changed in the N55II (although I'm pretty sure it's stiffer and ~5mm less head heavy), but the N55 is a good choice for an offensive, controlled game. Not the fastest around the net and midcourt, but much quicker than the N90
    N55-ii has slimmer frame.. different timing than N55.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im looking for the n50..coz i got the kason f9 and it was amazing..the c7 is siff to me..

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've just ordered an N50 I (the red one) and I'll review it shortly. If I don't like it, look for it in the Buy & Sell section.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark A View Post
    I've just ordered an N50 I (the red one) and I'll review it shortly. If I don't like it, look for it in the Buy & Sell section.
    From Central Sports ? (or a cheaper source ?)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by birdbird View Post
    Hey guys,

I'm looking to get an N Series racket. I play singles and MD mostly, and from what I've read it seems that the N55 would be a good choice (correct me if I'm wrong). I play all sorts of shots, but love to smash and drop from the backcourt. So I guess I'm looking for a racket that'll give me power but not lose too much control.

The things I want to know are:
    1. Is the N55 a good choice?
    2. What changed in the N55II?

Thanks in advance.
    N55-II has the conic shaft (bioinnercone)(progressive slimmer and slimmer towards the head). The N55 is a tapered-shaft construction. The frame seems redesigned, and it feels much quicker than N55,N55-ii also feel a little bit more flex.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LD rules! View Post
    From Central Sports ? (or a cheaper source ?)
    Only a raving lunatic would buy a Li Ning from a UK franchise at our prices; I got mine from MBS.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Only a raving lunatic would buy a Li Ning from a UK franchise at our prices; I got mine from MBS.
    That is the source I had suspected And yes, far too expensive in the UK

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My N50 arrived today and, frankly, I'm slightly scared of it. It's strung and gripped for Wednesday, though, and then we'll see what's what. Must remember to load up on the roids before I set off to play...

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

even on MBS it would cost you $200! (same as Yonex JP code)

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My N50 arrived today and, frankly, I'm slightly scared of it. It's strung and gripped for Wednesday, though, and then we'll see what's what. Must remember to load up on the roids before I set off to play...
    It's surprisingly easy to play with...the N50II is heavier AND head heavier, so it's a whole other thing for me, but the N50 is just a little heavy. A little too soft, maybe :/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's surprisingly easy to play with...the N50II is heavier AND head heavier, so it's a whole other thing for me, but the N50 is just a little heavy. A little too soft, maybe :/
    The N50 is quite stiff, but it is progressive stiffness, with more flex closer to the head due to the tapered shaft.. Before the most bad-ass smasher in the game switched to Kason, this was the racket he choose... .. That says quite a bit..it is a little bit faster than Arc-10.. so it can be looked at at a more doubles oriented more powerful version of the arc-10 imop..

/T

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, comparing it to other rackets, I don't think it's very stiff. Not that that's necessarily a bad thing, but I don't like the feeling so much....and Fu Haifeng always used medium stiff rackets, not stiff ones. I agree both models are nice rackets, but I don't like the flex and weight. Completely personal preference - I just happen to like slightly stiffer rackets because they have a more direct feel and are never unstable. Softer rackets often feel a bit wobbly in defense.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wanted to give more info on, N90, N90-2 and N50

After i had played 1 month with the n90-2 strung at 25 lbs one piece with Zymax 62. I can say it's pretty heavy and hard to maneuver. For doubles i was slow in defence and in singles was getting exhausted so much quick. Although the racket is really precise and strong, I don't think i would love to make that much of a sacrifice to play with it. It's really more heavy and hard to maneuver than the First edition.

The n90-I is my favorite to date. It's heavy and at the same time well balanced I just feel that it's because I used the second edition during a long time that i find the first edition easy to play with. I played couples of doubles with it and it was amazing, i was easily clearing base to base and even more, my smashes we're stronger than my second edition strung at 26. I am enough strong to get the power out of 26 lbs but i feel the racket is so heavy (n90-2) that i have to get a huge swing to get the proper angle.

The n-50 feels more heavy than the n90-1 but less than the n90-2. It seems to be a good racket but I had not that much time to play with. All I can say is like all Li-Ning rackets I tried it's strong in smashes and the n50 is quite maneuverable, good in defense, but just not suited for me right now because of the difference in stiffness between the two models. My feel is that it's too head heavy for the stiffness it has so you have kind of a strong racket for overhead but it feels strange everywhere else.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, comparing it to other rackets, I don't think it's very stiff. Not that that's necessarily a bad thing, but I don't like the feeling so much....and Fu Haifeng always used medium stiff rackets, not stiff ones. I agree both models are nice rackets, but I don't like the flex and weight. Completely personal preference - I just happen to like slightly stiffer rackets because they have a more direct feel and are never unstable. Softer rackets often feel a bit wobbly in defense.
    I compare it mostly to YY, and With YY-yardstick it is stiffer than most of their models rated stiff :-)

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hm. I haven't had a whole lot of experience with Yonex rackets compared to other brands, but to me, the N50 is medium stiff no matter what rating is used. I agree with Mesmy that it feels too head heavy for it's stiffness and feels a bit strange due to that.
    I remember when I re-strung it together with my Bravesword 09 and when I tried to play with the N50, if felt unstable and rubbery, and the BS was much more stable and a bit stiffer. In my book, the N50 feels most similar to the VT70 of all YY rackets I tried - which is also too head heavy for it's stiffness in my eyes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone know the difference in stiffness between the N55 and the N55 ii?