User Tag List

Page 43 of 54 FirstFirst ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 LastLast
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default N50-I review

288 or 289 (can't tell which)/89.5 g/S2; Zymax 70 @ 28 lb.

Impressions

LN build quality is very good indeed. Finish is almost flawless (tiny blip on the hoop, but I was looking for it). Good-looking as well - I'm not a fan of gratuitous loud colours, so the red/grey/white is right up my street. Looks a lot like an Arc 10 (but this has to be coincidental, doesn't it? Anyway, Yonex cribbed off the N90-II for the Nanorays, so it's all good). The decals are well restrained on the frame, but the shaft looks a bit Hotwheels for me.

The frame is very strong (but then it would be, being so thick) and took 28 lb in its stride. I like the fact that it's OSP and that there was room for an extra cross at the bottom (which I used). There was a bit of resonance in the frame for a while, but this smoothed out once it was played in. Very nice to see a small handle on a top-end racket as well. Bending in the hand, I would call it between medium and stiff.

Power

Coming from Nanospeed-type rackets I'm used to be able to develop power from very short swings, and the N50 is not amenable to this. At least, not immediately. It felt very heavy in the hand, difficult to keep up at the beginning. However, I took it for a non-game knock for ten minutes and struck oil - with some decent wind-up, it hits very hard indeed.

Smashes were a good 10% quicker than usual, but less consistent. My yardstick shot, the backhand smash, was coming off with enough speed to go through peoples' defenses. Lifting right to the back was almost effortless, as was clearing (when I caught them properly), but I think this thing's greatest strength is in driving.

Defense/Control

I was surprised at how much I was getting back given the mental weight - maybe it was because I had to think about which I was doing; it doesn't have the telepathic response of my usual stuff. Last night, for instance, I was able to block, rather than lift, the vast majority of what came at me. The racket is very, very stable in this regard. Serving is also good, probably thanks to the weight.

Feel/Stability

Immediately after stringing there was a buzz/resonance sound from the frame, but this disappeared after a while. I use an RKEP Super Soft right on the wood, but the racket felt somewhat muted. Again, I can put this down to the weight; an 85 g version would probably be livelier. With powerful shots it told me what was going on, but at the net it there was a bit of guesswork. It was almost impossible to knock the frame off-line, though - it just plowed through every shot without caring. It also surived a pretty loud clash with only a half-inch paint ding.

Conclusion

I think I was a bit unlucky with respect to the weight - four or five grams lighter and this could have been even better. My main complaint is the difficulty in getting power over a short swing (but I thought it would be lack of manoeuvrability on defence). I'm only six or seven hours in with it, though, so this may improve.

It's the exact opposite of what I normally go for (a sledgehammer to my usual stillettoes), but with a firm hand it can be made to behave itself. The sheer power, and the ease with which it's delivered, is seductive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nice review, now just need to look up for N50-ii review since Lin dan started using it.

sorry for being a trend chaser :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

have anyone tried lining n-65?or any review on this racket?thank

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello,

I'm currently thinking of buying the N70 first gen and would like some advice. I am an all around intermediate female player, and I usually play doubles or singles. The rackets I use at the moment are Yonex arcsaber z-slash and the Li Ning N90-II. How would the N-70 compare to the two rackets? Thanks in advance~

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The N70 is head heavier than the Z-Slash and softer than both the ZS and N90II. It's easier to clear with, but can also feel a little slow at times....although it gets better when you get used to it. Depending on your strength and technique it may well be more powerful than other rackets as the softer shaft is easier to bend (I guess this is true for most non-pro players^^). Defensively, it has potential - while you need to grip it a bit higher than most rackets (soft shaft and heavy head making it kinda slow), the soft shaft makes high defense incredibly easy. Drive defense is also easy to get pace on.

For me, the N70 is a little too soft and head heavy for comfort, but my current choices are the BS09&10 as well as the Z-Slash/MX80 at times, so I'm probably not the guy to ask as I prefer stiffer and quicker rackets for improved defense and placement. My smash is nothing remarkable either way

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ohhh, I see :3 Thanks for the reply! How does the head weight of the N70 compare to the N90II?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd say it's just a little head heavier, but it's close. Can't measure it because they're gripped and strung differently, but the N70 feels just a bit slower and has a better swing-through.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

N-55 ordered can't wait!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

N50II should be a better and stiffer racket than N50 ist generation

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j4ckie View Post
    I'd say it's just a little head heavier, but it's close. Can't measure it because they're gripped and strung differently, but the N70 feels just a bit slower and has a better swing-through.
    N90-ii is head heavier than N70 but way stiffer right? N70 is like a more defensive racket, soft-medium stiffness and head heavy.

in terms of head heaviness:
    n90-ii>n90>n70-ii>n70>n55>n55-ii>n50-ii>n50

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by moomoo View Post
    N90-ii is head heavier than N70 but way stiffer right? N70 is like a more defensive racket, soft-medium stiffness and head heavy.in terms of head heaviness:n90-ii>n90>n70-ii>n70>n55>n55-ii>n50-ii>n50
    N90 is more head heavy and more flexible than the N90II from my personal experience.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What about the balance point of the N90-II and the N70? The N90-II has a higher balance point right?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

n90>n70>n50ii>/~n55~n90-ii>n50
    The thing is - the N50 is about as head heavy as the Arc10, which is a slightly head-heavy racket. The BP (~290mm) and weight (87g+) make it pretty heavy compared to any Bravesword racket, and the Arc7 and ZS are lighter/quicker as well.
    The N90II is MUCH more maneuverable than the 1st gen - I can play doubles with it after adapting like 20-30 minutes, but with the N90, I can barely play singles as it is so much heavier than any other racket I own. The N50II is roughly equal to the N90II in terms of maneuverability, but the softer shaft creates more....'drag', i.e. it doesn't follow your movements as sharply as the N90II, and the weight is higher. The N55, as I remember, was roughly as quick and head heavy as the N90II, although I can't compare directly right now. The N90II is not as stiff as some make it out to be, it's stiff, but still very manageable - I use 31lbs BG65 without any problem, something I cannot do with rackets approaching x-stiff (MX80, BS10, UPro - BS10 is not x-stiff but has a very direct feeling, i.e. more shock from the strings is transferred. Strings feel harder than on LN rackets).

The N70 feels head heavier than the N90II - that may be the balance point or the weight, the result is a heavier feeling. I wouldn't concentrate too much on the BP, but more on the overall feeling of the racket as a 295/91 racket will feel much heavier than a 300/82 one. Softer shafts also increase the feeling of head heaviness, which I'd recommend to take into account as well.
    That being said, the N70 is still useable in doubles, if you're either unusually quick with any racket or remember to grip it much higher at the front. The soft shaft/heavy head combo allows for good power on short swings, good accuracy around the net area and super defense.

[A softer shaft will usually create more powerful shots on short swings as the shaft bends more than a stiff one. Few ppl are able to really bend sth. like the NS9900 with no backswing, and those who can are usually on pro level or weigh abt. 200lbs+. I know a guy like that and he's scaringly powerful, but looks like a professional bodybuilder with his shirt on.]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, thanks for the detailed reply ^^ This has helped me a lot in my decision! Again, thank you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bremen View Post
    have anyone tried lining n-65?or any review on this racket?thank
    I'm very interested in n65 as well. Appreciate it if anyone has post a review on this.. thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can anyone tell me which string suit the best for N90.. There is 2knots or 4knots? Thx

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chris0612 View Post
    Can anyone tell me which string suit the best for N90.. There is 2knots or 4knots? Thx
    it does NOT matter!!!! play with the string you like. There's no "best" string for any Li-Ning racket -.-