User Tag List

Page 44 of 54 FirstFirst ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 LastLast
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chris0612 View Post
    Can anyone tell me which string suit the best for N90.. There is 2knots or 4knots? Thx
    2 knot or 4 knot has nothing to do with the string (any string can be strung 1 piece or 2 piece) and as Cheetah said - theres no 'best string' for any racket. Just use what you like, at whatever tension you like. If you have no favorites yet, experiment

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j4ckie View Post
    2 knot or 4 knot has nothing to do with the string (any string can be strung 1 piece or 2 piece) and as Cheetah said - theres no 'best string' for any racket. Just use what you like, at whatever tension you like. If you have no favorites yet, experiment
    hey thx for the advise.. just curious, is there Lindan will get the new racket for Olympic?? coz yesterday he defeated by LCW with new weapon (Voltric...) haha.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess that the Chinese player are using rackets and clothing that is off the market... maybe their rackets are already customised to their preference.

looking at their bags, shoes and clothes.... if can't just get them at the usual store.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

None of the clothing that the National Team people wear is actually off the market... its just pretty expensive and hard to find, that's all. For example, the new shirt that they are wearing - Electric yellow and deep blue? ATSF331-2, the white/blue white athletic coat that LD was using when he was warming up? AFDF261. So every thing is on the market ... just hard to find.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Must check mysportcart.com

Recently, I came across an e-commerce website http://www.mysportcart.com . You must checkout this website before buying li-ning rackets.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Buying online is good... the prices are mostly cheaper but when it comes to warranty, kinda troublesome = =! If could get locally, I would try not to buy online zzzz

Back to topic

1st review of my Li Ning BP 770 + n95 24lb (since i cant find any review in BC so far)

Impression
    Li Ning Rackets have many good review especially the N-series (but it is out of my budget !) So i got this BP 770 ... red and white in colour. Fell in love with it on first sight. Took a few swing after it was strung, feel smooth and the head is light with a stiff shaft.

Power
    Compare to all the head heavy racket out there (mx80,vt80,n90) Smashes from this racket aint as solid since the head is kinda light but if one put more speed in the swing, it gives out one powerful smash. Sharp and precise spot cause of the WING STABILIZER technology (i guess it does play a certain % haha)

Back Hand smash ... this one is kinda the down side of the racket, one need more power to hit until the opponent baseline (I'm just an average strengy player >.<)

Control
    This is the best part! Everything went smoothly with this racket ... stroke, defense, lift, block etc etc! It is easy to maneuver cause of the light head. Best for playing doubles since it is swift and fast ... always got the shuttle on the sweet spot 90% of the time. (with my head heavy MX 80, i always hit the side of the head frame =.=) Played for 1 hours straight and still able to control the racket nicely (dont really drain much of my strengh)

Stability
    With a stiff shaft, it doesnt vibrate that much after heavy smashes and hard block from opponent smash. Easy to get back into ready position after each stroke. Use a thick grip for best stability!

Conclusion

Quite a decent racket for an intermediate player but a GOOD one for beginners before moving on to all the N-series. Not too demanding for the arm/shoulder to handle, dont have to use much strength for each swing (smooth like a brave sword!)

Power : 7/10
    Control: 9/10
    Defense: 8/10
    Looks : 9/10

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 knots is better than 4 knots...you can compare both...take a same racket strung of same tension....you will found 4 knots type's string is loose than 2 knots type.

I got N90...
    Name:  10052012020_副本.jpg
Views: 1112
Size:  82.4 KB

My Reviews:
    Power : 8/10
    Control : 9/10
    Defense : 9/10
    Looks : 7/10

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Playboy View Post
    2 knots is better than 4 knots...you can compare both...take a same racket strung of same tension....you will found 4 knots type's string is loose than 2 knots type.

I got N90...
    Name:  10052012020_副本.jpg
Views: 1112
Size:  82.4 KB

My Reviews:
    Power : 8/10
    Control : 9/10
    Defense : 9/10
    Looks : 7/10

I really disagree. If the 4-knot is loose, your stringer is just not very skilled or motivated. If one pulls the knots correctly, there is very little tension loss on each knot. Even if the knots are pulled weakly, the tension loss of the last string will not affect the whole racket very much.
    Or the 4-knot racket was strung earlier, in which case the tension loss over time would have caused the difference. That will also happen with a 2-knot racket, though.

And I'm curious about your rating - why would anyone rate the defense of the N90 better than the Offense/Power? It's really one of the most powerful smashing rackets out there, and the high balance point and overall heaviness make it rather sluggish in defense. I can agree with the control rating though - it is a very controlled racket, in my eyes because of the heaviness and the resulting smooth swing.

Anyhow, please don't write dangerous half-knowledge here, like the 'fact' about different stringjobs. The big difference between 2-knot and 4-knot is the length of string used (2 knots less=> ~0,6-0,8m less) and the way the racket is strung in some cases (many stringers like to string the racket top-down with the 2-piece method, as you can pre-string the shared or covered holes at the top before tensioning the mains, which makes the whole process much easier later ).
    Other than that, there's really not much difference. If the mains&crosses have a radically different tension, it might creep over with a 2-knot stringjob, but with the usual even tension or +2 crosses that's of no concern.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's a video on 2 vs 4 knots...

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exactly my point

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In terms what what string to string it with, that's completely up to you. In terms of how many knots, (i.e, 2 strings or 1), DEFINITELY 1. 1 string means when it breaks, the stringer HAS to replace it, unlike with two strings (4 knots) where the stringer can get away with just replacing one, leaving the other. This can screw the tension and maybe even lead to the racquet head collapsing on itself. The only advantage I know of for 2 strings (4 knots) is that you can have different tensions for hortizontal and vertical. E.g, you can have say 24lbs for horizontal, and like, 26lbs for vertical. But I don't like the idea of this and I wouldn't want to try it either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm sorry, but that website looks SOOOOOO dodgy to me :/

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Boggieeiggob View Post
    In terms what what string to string it with, that's completely up to you. In terms of how many knots, (i.e, 2 strings or 1), DEFINITELY 1. 1 string means when it breaks, the stringer HAS to replace it, unlike with two strings (4 knots) where the stringer can get away with just replacing one, leaving the other. This can screw the tension and maybe even lead to the racquet head collapsing on itself. The only advantage I know of for 2 strings (4 knots) is that you can have different tensions for hortizontal and vertical. E.g, you can have say 24lbs for horizontal, and like, 26lbs for vertical. But I don't like the idea of this and I wouldn't want to try it either.
    disagree.

if i have a racket strung 1 piece, and say the main breaks. i can clamp the last cross and then remove the mains. tie off the cross, and then re-string the mains.

i can. but why would a stringer do that? it is more work to have to do this surgery. esp when in the case the main breaks, the flow is reversed and most likely will end up more time. the time difference of <6 mins is not worth the saving of $3 for half a pack of string.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    disagree.

if i have a racket strung 1 piece, and say the main breaks. i can clamp the last cross and then remove the mains. tie off the cross, and then re-string the mains.

i can.
    Must disagree. Machines do nothing to prevent sideways compression; if you mount a racket and cut the mains, the racket will squash 3-9 and elongate under cross-only stress, and the machine will just sit and watch...

I do agree, though, that replacing half the string bed (if the crosses go) is more trouble than it's worth.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark A View Post
    Must disagree. Machines do nothing to prevent sideways compression; if you mount a racket and cut the mains, the racket will squash 3-9 and elongate under cross-only stress, and the machine will just sit and watch...

I do agree, though, that replacing half the string bed (if the crosses go) is more trouble than it's worth.
    good point. i guess my point is that whether one is doing 1 or 2 piece stringing, the number of string/knots has nothing to do with whether he can or cannot replace just half the string.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Boggieeiggob View Post
    If you even suspect your stringer would do that you should really change. No stringer worth his salt will go half-assed like that and risk the racket breaking and lower the quality of the stringjob (even under the best circumstances that'll be the case if you just replace half)...
    And Li Ning rackets are the first brand I would try different main/cross tensions on as they're SUPER-stable. Nothing I've done with mine has even fazed them, taking stringjobs up to 32lbs without any sign of instability. A higher cross tension MAY result in a crisper feeling and thus more enjoyable playing. Depends completely on the stringer - and his machine. No way to determine what main/cross ratio is best as there are soooo many variables, but an enthusiast (like me ) will always experiment and be able to discuss that issue with you. He'll also have a good idea what your racket can take concerning max tension and the main/cross ratio.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello !

Anyone can give me a review of the N-70 II ?