User Tag List

Page 46 of 54 FirstFirst ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm afraid the N77 will be too head light and light. I have a 4U SW37 and I can't get enough power out of it because of the weight.
    For singles I use MX80, but since its bp is 296mm and the weight 97g I find it a bit too slow for doubles.
    I had looked a bit at the N55II or N30II as a possible racket to try for doubles if a 1st gen N50 was not possible to find, but that might not be a good idea after all?

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

N55II was super when I tested it. Definitely not slower than a N50. Good speed, good power. As I said, the only reason I didn't get 2 was the price (which was okay, but not super like the deal I got for my BS09s )
    Not too sure about the N77 - it's definitely in the 3U range, so it ought to be more powerful than your 4U SW37, but it's been ages since I actually played with the N77 and I've never used an SW37.

Although personally, I can't picture an MX80 being too slow for doubles. Sold the lighter one, and the remaining one is still very quick. Any Li Ning racket will be a marginal improvement at best - the N50 is noticeably slower. Remember that it's a FHF racket - if China had remained with Yonex, that guy would still use a 2U Ti-10
    Last edited by j4ckie; 07-22-2012 at 04:49 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A little off topic, but I recently got my hands on a Flame N36, and it performed wonderfully. Gave my control game a really good boost. Also seems like the Air Stream System made the smashes sound better.

Anyone else with similar experience?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Desouled View Post
    A little off topic, but I recently got my hands on a Flame N36, and it performed wonderfully. Gave my control game a really good boost. Also seems like the Air Stream System made the smashes sound better.

Anyone else with similar experience?
    +1 on this, N36's placings and control aspect of the game is spot on and it swings fast.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by alana07 View Post
    +1 on this, N36's placings and control aspect of the game is spot on and it swings fast.
    Just a few more hours with the racket and I think I'll have enough experience to write a review on the blog

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what is the size of the handle racket that lin dan is currently using? s2 @ s3?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Desouled View Post
    Just a few more hours with the racket and I think I'll have enough experience to write a review on the blog
    Looking forward to this. N36 looks like a really interesting racket.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can anyone identify this racket? It has the shaft of a N90II, but the head looks different... wasn't he suppose to be a N55 user?Name:  Screen Shot 2012-07-25 at 5.51.22 PM.jpg
Views: 1217
Size:  41.2 KB

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like a new or special edition to me....makes sense to bring out sth new for the big occasion. The pattern of the paint is just like the N55/N50, just with different colors...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey guys.. is this a trusted site? http://www.badmintonalley.com/LI_NING_Lin_Dan_Woods_N90_Badminton_Racket_Pro_Ed_ p/racket-lining-woods-n90.htm

a
    nd is this n90 the original one? what does the pro edition mean? thanks. im an intermediate/aggressive/smashing player. would this be good?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Prim3 View Post
    Hey guys.. is this a trusted site? http://www.badmintonalley.com/LI_NING_Lin_Dan_Woods_N90_Badminton_Racket_Pro_Ed_ p/racket-lining-woods-n90.htmand is this n90 the original one? what does the pro edition mean? thanks. im an intermediate/aggressive/smashing player. would this be good?
    Yeah Badminton Alley is fine. It's a local store around here and is an authorized retailer for many brands including LN. Dunno what pro edition means but it might be the second edition of the N90 which has a slight change in stiffness. (no, not talking about the N90-II) best thing is to try it out first if you can, there's nothing really like it. Too slow for doubles for most people, and may be too hard to handle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hm, I would say just quickly check the specs and compare with a "normal" N90 per se. But they should be able to be trusted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nauroa View Post
    Looking forward to this. N36 looks like a really interesting racket.
    I'm hoping to clock at least 2 hours with the racket this weekend, so that I can get a good feel of it.

In the meantime, I've got a First Impressions up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol. Didn't I already tell him that it's a legit store? Not really any doubt for anyone who lives near it. Badminton Alley is fine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WingsAir View Post
    Can anyone identify this racket? It has the shaft of a N90II, but the head looks different... wasn't he suppose to be a N55 user?Name:  Screen Shot 2012-07-25 at 5.51.22 PM.jpg
    isn't that an N55 with some white -ldstyle-tape on top?
    he's had that for quite a while, chen jin also had it on some ocassions.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nauroa View Post
    I'm afraid the N77 will be too head light and light. I have a 4U SW37 and I can't get enough power out of it because of the weight.
    I don't know it but maybe you're right. When I hold N77, I've felt it was a little bit too light. It's definitively lighter than any other N-series racket I've hold and played. Isn't the BP somewhat under 290? 287mm?
    It seems you weren't able to sell your SW37 4U. Like me Why not N50-II? It's a solid racket. Unfortunately I've never tested a N55-II.

Quote Originally Posted by j4ckie View Post
    Remember that it's a FHF racket - if China had remained with Yonex, that guy would still use a 2U Ti-10
    Are you sure that he was playing it with 2U? :-O If yes, the Kason F9 should be that heavy too, shouldn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by WingsAir View Post
    It's just a N55 with lead tape. It's not the first time that he's using lead tape on it.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't know if it's lead tape, athletic tape is more popular with the Chinese team (that much lead tape would also result in a super head heavy racket )....and yeah, it's a N55. I thought it had black somewhere around the 3 and 9 o'clock....which it doesn't.