User Tag List

Thread: Service return

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Service return

Hello
    I play badminton regularly (not advanced but proficient), mostly singles. Recently we have started playing doubles. I had question on receiving a particular type of service in doubles.

Name:  ibflaws2006_img_0.jpg
Views: 316
Size:  48.6 KB

How do i receive the service which some times comes to point B or point C? At point B itself, its difficult receive as the angle for receive is awkward.

Any suggestions?

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pradeepmr View Post
    Hello
    I play badminton regularly (not advanced but proficient), mostly singles. Recently we have started playing doubles. I had question on receiving a particular type of service in doubles.

Name:  ibflaws2006_img_0.jpg
Views: 316
Size:  48.6 KB

How do i receive the service which some times comes to point B or point C? At point B itself, its difficult receive as the angle for receive is awkward.

Any suggestions?
    A lot of old-timers rely on this serve because they are intimidated by the receiver leaning threateningly towards them.

Firstly, you should angle your body to face the corner (Point A), where the server is.
    Many receivers still face the centre and end up tying themselves in knots trying to return the serve from Point B!

Once you face Point A, then it's business as usual.
    If he serves to Point C, simply tumble the shuttle over the net right there and he will have a very tough time moving sideways to return it.

Another lethal spot to return to is the deep forehand corner behind the server.

Personally, I find this a very silly serve.
    A player in one of my groups uses this serve... and, needless to say, it's like a free point everytime he uses it.